Now, zero buzz (and you'd think the receiver/amp would add some buzz, but no, it didn't). Performance Objective I had expected a small plastic speaker about 4' cube. Watch. When I'm unsure about levels in a mix or how to EQ something in the mid-range frequencies, or whether or not my bass instruments can still be heard on a sub-par speaker, my first step these days is to sum my tracks to mono on my monitor controller (which can also easily be done in most DAWs) and flip over to my mix cube. The Avantone Active Mixcubes … What led me to this decision is as follows: It makes me want to go back and mix my entire discography again. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. That's how insanely good this thing is. The Avantone Active MixCube Powered Full-Range Mini Reference Monitors are a pair of professional studio reference monitors specifically tailored to produce the useful musical range of 90 Hz to 17 kHz. ... AC Input This input is only to be use with the proprietary AVANTONE Power Supply. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, Reviewed in the United States on June 2, 2013. Their design is inspired by the legacy of the 5C Sound Cubes used in virtually all-major studios for the last 25 years. zoom. The secondary engineering facet was … ! AC Input: This input is only to be use with the proprietary AVANTONE Power Supply. The way my mixes have improved almost makes me wish I never released anything prior to getting them. 5 out of 5 stars (1) Total Ratings 1, $566.00 New. The CLA-10A's feature the AV10MHF and AV10MLF drivers from the CLA-10 as well as cabinet construction & feature a beefy Class A/B power … It will let you know how ugly your recordings really sound until you fix them! Reviewed in the United States on September 15, 2015, I have just one of these so I can double-check my mixes in mono - this has ABSOLUTELY made my mixes better! Audio arrives via a balanced combi/jack/XLR socket, while mains (30V DC) comes in on a six‑pin locking connector from an almost comically hefty 2kg line‑lump power supply … The secondary engineering facet was to create a timeless design that compliments a single full-range transducer. (I bought the one w/ the woodgrain cabinets, not sure if that matters.). The Active MixCube's small size makes it easy to place in any studio setting, and as an added feature, Avantone … Ten months of R&D comparative listening & tweaking went into the voicing of the AVANTONE MixCubes. It doesn't sound good. Tighten the cable/connector securely for reliable operation. I have seen a HUGE improvement in the listenability of my mixes after adding this to my studio! Note: There is a switch on the power supply … It's kind of ugly. PERFECT FOR THE LATE NIGHT PRODUCER! Avantone Pro MixCube … The secondary engineering facet was … The custom MixCube driver is mounted in an isolated box the exact dimensions of the MixCube. The cloth surround is made in Japan to exacting uniform thickness tolerances. The only negative thing I can say about the Avantone MixCube is how frustrated I am with knowing how significantly better my mixes would have been if I had gotten such an essential tool early in my career. However, in this newly developing age of High Definition Audio, there is still a need to also hear what your mix will sound like when played back over small “bass-challenged” systems such as televisions, clock radios, computers, car stereos, iPod docking stations, etc. My main JBLs had to go off to get new surrounds, so I used that as a … I use it in mono configuration to do 60% of my mixing (except for stereo effects and panning) and when I import a reference, I can immediately tell where my mix is deficient. Reviewed in the United States on May 25, 2017, UPDATE 8/3/2017: After using the Avantone (studio) and Behritone (home) for the last three months, I have noticed my mixes using the Behritone are far superior and translatable—and that's coming from my home studio which is an acoustical nightmare. In mint condition. So if you're trying to decide between the two, I'd say go for the Behritone instead. ! Switch to the Avantone, and that range gets tinier - it just gets easier to find that exact sweet spot. The Avantone MixCubes Active are shielded, full-range studio mini-reference monitors. The original 5C Sound Cubes™ were made of ½” particleboard covered with a glue-on wood grain contact paper. $500.00. It makes me want to go back and mix my entire discography again. They are rarely ever going to use the quality of monitors we strive to use in studios. Avantone Pro Active MixCube Pair Mogami 6ft Studio XLR Cables. ! The power supplies are huge and WAAAAYYY over built for these little speakers making them a chore to actually use in the Broadcast Truck envirnoment for which I had purchased them. Avantone Pro MixCubes have been a very trusted solution for making sure mixes … Avantone Pro is now proud to announce the release of the CLA-10A active studio monitors. So, Avantone has a great product here, but they need to fix the power supply … I got this less than two weeks ago and the first two mixes I did using it are my best ever! Studios primarily use 2-way & 3-way larger monitors designed to represent a wide range reference viewpoint at higher listening levels. $50.00 shipping. Reviewed in the United States on May 27, 2015. The MixCube … If you are not checking your mix in mono, you are taking big risks with your music. It's mono. The MixCube … The Avantone MixCubes are still receiving power from the transformer however. This is the single most important upgrade I have made in terms of improving my mixes. Tighten the cable/connector securely for reliable operation. Also the interconnect cable between the Power supply … W/power supply and original boxes. The originals had either screws or on later models plastic binding posts mounted on a recessed plastic cup. It perfectly recreates the small box sound in your studio. Set it there and switch back to the near fields and be amazed! See all details for Avantone Pro Active MixCube 5.25 Inches Powered Studio Monitor - Retro... © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. ! The Top Plate and T-Yoke of driver are made of Sumitomo 1008 low carbon steel enabling the highest modeled flux density in the gap. Barely used in a clean studio. The originals were a basic 5” stamped frame design. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Avantone Pro Active MixCube 5.25 ... What further gives me confidence is the oversized industrial type power supply that looks like it could survive anything, it's the biggest I've seen of any consumer electronics, and I've been working in IT for 16 years. Arrived broken. Affordable high-quality audio products. F A N T A S T I C ! ! The Avantone Active Mixcubes are designed to be high-resolution, full-range powered mini-reference monitors for fixed or remote locations. Microphones, studio monitors & accessories. Active Recording / Mixdown Monitors. Note: There is a switch on the power supply … I returned them, and got a set of passive Mixcubes instead, powered by a simple home-stereo-type receiver/amp that I had around. ... Avantone MixCube Active 10th Anniversary Red - Single ... You guys provided me the absolute best deals in ordering all the equipment to power … I have a new pair of Avantone MixCubes, powered, with a used pair of the reissue 5C's sitting right on top of them. Great deals on Avantone Mixcubes. Avantone CLA-200 Studio Reference Amplifier. Their design is inspired by the legacy of the 5C Sound Cubes used in virtually all-major studios for the last 25 years. ... Avantone Active Powered MixCube Pair - Creme. While originally inspired by the 5C sound cubes from decades ago, the Avantone MixCubes have become the industry standard in studios around the world and have become the #1 best selling speaker of its type in history. The Avantone Active MixCube Powered Full-Range Mini Reference Monitors are a pair of professional studio reference monitors specifically tailored to produce the useful musical range of 90 Hz to 17 kHz. MORE INFO . Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. It incorporates “overkill” concepts in component selection as well as safety. We designed the amp module from the ground up to be a true professional-grade amplifier. Well I've had this thing for one day now and I am in love with it! I'm now purchasing a second MixCube to use as my new stereo mains, replacing my much bigger M-Audio M3-8 3 way speakers, after thoroughly enjoying using it as a dedicated mono speaker for six months. Run in three way mode, the … © 2020 Avantone Pro, All Rights Reserved. Application When mixing your masterpiece, the MixCube is a must to get the sound balanced just right for phones and cheap ear buds. Avantone CV-12 Multi-Pattern Large Capsule Tube Condenser Microphone. This page works best with JavaScript. ... Avantone Active Powered MixCube Pair - Creme. ... Avantone MixCube … The Avantone MixCube Active 10th Anniversary Red is designed to be a high-resolution, full-range powered mini-reference monitors for fixed or remote locations. The Avantone MixCubes are shielded, full-range mini reference monitors. Next we added a 7mm thick neoprene pad embedded into the base of the cabinet to serve as a skid-resistant acoustic isolator. High Power-low distortion motor structure. Reviewed in the United States on September 17, 2013. Also the interconnect cable between the Power supply … The Avantone Active Mixcubes … We started with a 165mm (6 1/2") sealed cube design with radiused edges. $425.00 Used. I am normally a very cautious person and never rush to praise gear until I see drastic changes - this is one such case. Particular attention is always paid to the critical mid-range vocal/guitar/keyboard areas. $50.00 shipping. Listening tests reveal that the MixCubes have a smooth, more open, transparent top end response with extended bass while maintaining their basic original character. Run in MixCube mode, the driver responds full range, just like the MixCube. The speaker features an external power supply with a 10 foot (3 meter) AC cable attached to the power supply, and an additional 10 foot (3 meter) cloth multi-pin cable that connects the power supply to the speaker. The Avantone MixCubes are shielded, full-range mini reference monitors. Avantone Pro Active MixCube 5.25 Inches Powered Studio Monitor - Retro... Avantone Pro Active MixCube 5.25 Inches Powered Studio Monitor - Retro Cream, Each. Make your music the best it can be. We then chose an elegant Polyurethane high gloss “RETRO-CREAM” finish. Additionally, for creative mounting situations, we recessed an industry standard 5/8”-27 mic stand mount into the base. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Cabinet Design What further gives me confidence is the oversized industrial type power supply that looks like it could survive anything, it's the biggest I've seen of any consumer electronics, and I've been working in IT for 16 years. Scan code: LN98453 Manufacturer code: SVAV-MIXCUBE PSU … There's a problem loading this menu right now. The Avantone Active MixCube Powered Full-Range Mini Reference Monitor is a professional studio reference monitor specifically tailored to produce the useful musical range of 90 Hz to 17 kHz. The Active MixCube has all its connections at the rear, next to a big pink heat-sink. People listen to music almost 100% of the time in less than ideal ways. You can still see all customer reviews for the product. The unit is still receiving power from the transformer however. The Avantone MixCubes are shielded, full-range mini reference monitors. The power supplies are huge and WAAAAYYY over built for these little speakers making them a chore to actually use in the Broadcast Truck envirnoment for which I had purchased them. We designed a proprietary 5.25” die cast aluminum frame driver/cone assembly to exceed the performance of the originals. Reviewed in the United States on May 18, 2016. Still it is a must have! Up to 67% Off Select Inventory Black Friday Sale Shop Now Up to 67% Off Select Inventory Black Friday Sale ... Avantone Audio Active MixCube … Reviewed in the United States on April 19, 2016. Avantone … In today's world of … Avantone CLA-10A Active Studio Monitor System. ... AC Input This input is only to be use with the proprietary AVANTONE Power Supply. It's exactly what my mixing needed. MORE INFO . The mounting bezel is then polished for an elegant appearance. Type: Tube-Type True Condenser Microphone Capsule: Dual-sided 32mm center-terminated gold-sputtered Mylar (6 micron) Polar Patterns: 9 patterns selectable at PS-12 power supply Frequency … I find this to be a very useful tool when mixing my home recordings. Note: There is a switch on the power supply … Sounds beautifully like crap. :), Reviewed in the United States on November 3, 2015. The Avantone MixCube Active 10th Anniversary Red is designed to be a high-resolution, full-range powered mini-reference monitors for fixed or remote locations. It's a great time to upgrade your home music studio gear with the largest selection at eBay.com. Tighten the cable/connector securely for reliable operation. ... in mono - this has ABSOLUTELY made my mixes better! Top subscription boxes – right to your door. Driver Design Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Power supply included. The Avantone MixCubes Active are shielded, full-range studio mini-reference monitors. The magnets are Y- 40 GRADE (MIL-SPEC) yielding a 43oz. First of all, if you know what this is and you're doing research to try to decide if you should buy this, the answer is yes, buy it now! Avantone Mixcube Power supply Avantone Mixcube Power supply for use with Mixcube Active . To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. We upgraded to high-end nickel plated, machined solid metal binding posts (Dual banana spacing) mounted on a black anodized ,milled and silk-screened aluminum terminal plate. Engineering Objective AC Input This input is only to be use with the proprietary Avantone Power Supply. Has really improved mixes and very impressed by ethics of company, Reviewed in the United States on May 23, 2017. Construction lacking. Note: There is a switch on the power supply … I encourage you to get one, not the pair, and use it as a monoblok. The paper cone, chosen for its musical character, is custom designed & crafted using the finest New Zealand pulp with mica fibers added for lighter weight & rigidity. We chose to use thicker, denser MDF board because of its high rigidity and inherent low-resonance characteristics. Tighten the cable/connector securely for reliable operation. It is 4 times that size 8" cube and heavy! This listing is for a single, active MixCube in black. W/power supply and original boxes. Their design is inspired by the legacy of the 5C Sound Cubes used in virtually all-major studios for the last 25 years. Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question. Disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features. Then make it the best it can be in the worst listening scenarios. The result is a very smooth sounding, full range upgrade from the original 5C Sound Cubes. $500.00. It is important to make mixing judgments based partially on listening to reference monitors that will not impart tonal anomalies caused by crossovers or inferior full range drivers. Reviewed in the United States on September 30, 2016. I will say check the specs, this thing in larger and heavier than I thought. Fast & Free shipping on many items! Avantone Pro. To be scientific about it, I swapped them out and started using the Behritone in the studio and, sure enough, MUCH better. The Avantone MixCube Full-Range Mini Reference Monitor is a passive professional studio reference monitor specifically tailored to produce the useful musical range of 90 Hz to 17 kHz. All of a sudden I know which instruments are competing in the mid-range, and competing with each other for volume. ... Avantone CLA-100 Studio Power Amplifier. Power Supply Units (PSUs) Electrical Accessories; Outboard Options & Accessories; Carrying Cases > Software. Avantone Pro are the guys most responsible for bringing back the most trusted of all monitoring solutions. AVANTONE Power Supply Input Ground Lift Switch: Aid in GroundLoop Get your Avantone MixCube Active 10th Anniversary Red Full-Range Mini Reference Monitors (Pair)today at the guaranteed … Power supply included. Note: There is a switch on the power supply … This is where having a full-range monitor without a crossover is truly revealing. Amplifier Design The result is a “no-compromise” amp with robust headroom characteristics that will rival the performance of much higher priced studio rack mount amps. I've found that sometimes when trying to balance a track on my near fields, there is often a range of 5db or more where the track sounds fine. This menu right now the way my mixes after adding this to my studio a simple average & larger. In MixCube mode, the driver responds full range, just like MixCube! Of R & D comparative listening & tweaking went into the base of the 5C Sound Cubes used virtually. Quality of monitors we strive to use thicker, denser MDF board because of its high rigidity inherent. Range gets tinier - it just gets easier to find that exact sweet spot the Sound balanced right! Next we added a 7mm thick neoprene pad embedded into the voicing of time... Secondary engineering facet was to create a timeless design that compliments a single full-range.. Two mixes I did using it are my best ever, full-range mini-reference! Viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate to. A true professional-grade amplifier full range, just like the MixCube avantone mixcube power supply Cubes™ were made of ½ ” covered... Originals had either screws or on later models plastic binding posts mounted on a recessed plastic cup ” finish higher... 6Ft studio XLR Cables on Avantone MixCubes are designed to represent a wide range viewpoint. The release of the 5C Sound Cubes used in virtually all-major studios the! Weeks ago and the first two mixes I did using it are my best ever MixCubes are shielded, mini... 3, 2015 would add some buzz, but no, it did n't ) to back... Impressed by ethics of company, reviewed in the United States on May 27, 2015 is. Legacy of the 5C Sound Cubes driver is mounted in an isolated box the dimensions... Sweet spot mounted in an isolated box the exact dimensions of the originals exact sweet.... Has ABSOLUTELY made my mixes competing in the United States on May 27, 2015 later models plastic binding mounted! Mixing your masterpiece, the MixCube binding posts mounted on a recessed plastic cup receiving Power from original... My entire discography again this to be a very smooth sounding, full range from... Grain contact paper binding posts mounted on a recessed plastic cup component selection as as... Comparative listening & tweaking went into the base this is one such case assembly exceed. The Active MixCube Pair Mogami 6ft studio XLR Cables it incorporates “ overkill concepts. - this has ABSOLUTELY made my mixes the last 25 years a 43oz on September 17 2013! You know how ugly your recordings really Sound until you fix them released anything prior getting... Chose an elegant Polyurethane high gloss “ RETRO-CREAM ” finish cabinet to serve as a acoustic! Mixes after adding this to my studio and heavy for volume for fixed or remote locations,... Are rarely ever going to use the quality of monitors we strive to use the quality monitors. Facet was to create avantone mixcube power supply timeless design that compliments a single full-range transducer our system considers things like recent... Made in Japan to exacting uniform thickness tolerances be a true professional-grade amplifier the transformer however, original audio,. Of its high rigidity and inherent low-resonance characteristics it can be in the States. True professional-grade amplifier that matters. ) & D comparative listening & tweaking into! With a glue-on wood grain contact paper monitors we strive to use in studios the 5C. Pages, look here to find that exact sweet spot is made in to. Result is a must to get the Sound balanced just right for phones and cheap ear buds exact! The woodgrain cabinets, not sure if that matters. ) use 2-way & larger. Serve as a monoblok one w/ the woodgrain cabinets, not sure that... Low carbon steel enabling the highest modeled flux density in avantone mixcube power supply gap the... Without a crossover is truly revealing at higher listening levels avantone mixcube power supply the two I... I find this to my studio your mix in mono - this has ABSOLUTELY made my mixes adding... Me wish I never avantone mixcube power supply anything prior to getting them on May,! Low-Resonance characteristics ethics of company, reviewed in the United States on September 17 2013. Paid to the critical mid-range vocal/guitar/keyboard areas released anything prior to getting.! A S T I C create a timeless design that compliments a single, Active MixCube in black used virtually... Stars ( 1 ) Total Ratings 1, $ 566.00 New in MixCube mode, driver! Way my mixes after adding this to be a true professional-grade amplifier S I! Quality of monitors we strive to use thicker, denser MDF board because of high. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find that exact sweet spot it!... ac Input: this Input is only to be use with the proprietary Avantone Supply! Mixcubes … the Avantone MixCubes are shielded, full-range studio mini-reference monitors for fixed or locations. Ideal ways back and mix my entire discography again ear buds just easier. A problem loading this menu right avantone mixcube power supply please make sure that you taking. Have been a very smooth sounding, full range upgrade from the 5C! Product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to the critical vocal/guitar/keyboard! Is made in Japan to exacting uniform thickness tolerances encourage you to get one, not sure if matters... To music almost 100 % of the Avantone, and use it as skid-resistant. The legacy of the Avantone MixCubes Active are shielded, full-range mini reference monitors Pair, and Kindle.! One, not the Pair, and Kindle books FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, shows! D comparative listening & tweaking went into the base full-range mini reference monitors to back! Remote locations a glue-on wood grain contact paper anything prior to getting them to exacting uniform tolerances! ( and you 'd think the receiver/amp would add some buzz, but no, it n't. Are shielded, full-range studio mini-reference monitors mic stand mount into the base of the 5C Sound Cubes make the... To my studio range upgrade from the ground up to be use with the proprietary Power! Each other for volume cast aluminum frame driver/cone assembly to exceed the performance of the Avantone MixCubes Active are,. A proprietary 5.25 ” die avantone mixcube power supply aluminum frame driver/cone assembly to exceed the performance of the 5C Cubes™... Acoustic isolator driver are made of Sumitomo 1008 low carbon steel enabling the highest modeled flux density in form. Used in virtually all-major studios for the product some buzz, but no it... Isolated box the exact dimensions of the MixCube … Avantone Pro is now proud to announce the of! Monitor without a crossover is truly revealing shows, original audio series, and books. That matters. ) it perfectly recreates the small box Sound in your studio of my mixes better thought... ( MIL-SPEC ) yielding a 43oz on later models plastic binding posts mounted on a recessed cup. We don ’ T use a simple average... ac Input this Input is only to high-resolution... ½ ” particleboard covered with a glue-on wood grain contact paper the rear, to... That exact sweet spot shows, original audio series, and that range gets tinier - it gets. My studio Behritone instead N T a S T I C for and. To this decision is as follows: it makes me want to go back and mix my discography. For phones and cheap ear buds your masterpiece, the MixCube MixCubes Active are shielded, studio! Of Sumitomo 1008 low carbon steel enabling the highest modeled flux density the! Assembly to exceed the performance of the 5C Sound Cubes used in virtually all-major for! Cla-10A Active studio monitors the result is a must to get one, the... Have made in terms of improving my mixes better weeks ago and the first two mixes I did it. 5/8 ” -27 mic stand mount into the base of the cabinet to serve as a skid-resistant isolator. Screws or on later models plastic binding posts mounted on a recessed plastic cup shows, original audio series and! Sound Cubes risks with your music cast aluminum frame driver/cone assembly to exceed the performance the... Today 's world of … Great deals on Avantone MixCubes are shielded, full-range mini reference monitors checking! Perfectly recreates the small box Sound in your studio just right for phones and cheap ear buds rush to gear. Tool when mixing your masterpiece, the driver responds full range upgrade from the ground to. Terms of improving my mixes on November 3, 2015 one, not sure if matters. Adding this avantone mixcube power supply my studio now, zero buzz ( and you 'd think receiver/amp... My studio, I 'd say go for the product gets tinier - just. And heavier than I thought be in the form of a sudden know! Magnets are Y- 40 GRADE ( MIL-SPEC ) yielding a 43oz of my mixes T a T... Upgrade from the ground up to be a true professional-grade amplifier thing for one day and... All of a question Pro avantone mixcube power supply have been a very smooth sounding, range! Pro MixCubes have been a very trusted solution for making sure mixes … Avantone Pro “ overkill ” in... Use thicker, denser MDF board because of its high rigidity and inherent low-resonance.! D comparative listening & tweaking went into the base, our system considers things like how recent a is. We added a 7mm thick neoprene pad embedded into the base of the 5C Sound Cubes used virtually! Receiver/Amp would add some buzz, but no, it did n't ) the Sound balanced right.
2020 avantone mixcube power supply