Pipe batter into donut pans, filling each well nearly to the rim. We’re talking melt-in-your-mouth donuts … 1 cup (255g) applesauce, unsweetened preferred, 2 teaspoons milk or 1 tablespoon heavy cream, enough to make a spreadable glaze. Whisk for 30 seconds to distribute the leavening. I’ve been all kinds of excited for all things apple cider but I haven’t seen a vegan and gluten free donut recipe that works. You can get a set of 2 non-stick, six cavity Wilton donut pans on Amazon for less than $15. I love apple cider donuts. Whisk together the baking powder, baking soda, Hi-maize, and flour. While the doughnuts are still warm (but no longer fragile), gently shake them, 1 or 2 at a time, in a bag with the cinnamon-sugar. will be the highlight of your Fall season! Bake the doughnuts for 15 to 18 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into the center of one comes out clean. They taste like fall in a baked good and that cinnamon sugar coating is heavenly. These Baked Apple Cider Donuts are a taste of fall in every bite! And they’re packed with apple flavor, from both fresh apple cider and unsweetened applesauce. This recipe can be used to make either apple cinnamon donuts or donut holes. Heat oven to 400°f and coat a donut pan with non-stick spray. Thank you for creating such a great donut! Spread the doughnuts with glaze (or dip tops in glaze); return to the rack until the glaze is set. ... Hi Lucero, unfortunately the apple cider is pretty essential to the recipe. Apple cider doughnuts with sourdough discard seemed like a good one for the upcoming Fall season The recipe is super fast and easy to make, and of course absolutely delicious. Boiled cider — apple cider boiled until it's thick as molasses — lends its wonderful flavor to these tender, moist cake doughnuts. How to make apple cider donuts. No oil needed, no frying needed, just some good ol’ fashioned apple cider … Try out my Easy Apple Fritters and these Easy Pumpkin Donuts (With Cake Mix) and obviously these Homemade Jelly Doughnuts (Sufagniyot) and you won't ever go back to store … These donuts taste like the seasonal treats you love, but they’re baked instead of fried. Apple Cider-The key to apple cider donuts that actually taste like apple cider is simmering the cider to reduce it before using it in the donut recipe.Use real, fresh apple cider for this recipe (not apple juice or instant cider from a packet). After about 5 minutes, transfer them to a rack. Easy baked apple cider donuts recipe, homemade with simple ingredients in about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, combine the sugar and spice in small resealable bag. Remove the cloves from the concentrate and pour the apple cider into a container and refrigerate while you prepare the donut … ; Whisk 1 cup almond flour, 1 tbsp coconut flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 tbsp ground flax, 1 tsp xanthan gum, and spices together until the mixture is distributed evenly. Repeat with the remaining donuts. How to Make Baked Apple Cider Donuts. Beat together the butter, oil, sugar, salt, and spices. To make apple cider glaze: Follow the maple glaze instructions, substituting boiled cider for the maple syrup, increasing the sugar by 1/4 cup, and omitting the maple flavor. ; Microwave 3 tbsp butter in a small heat-safe dish for 30 seconds, then set aside. Add the flour, stirring just until smooth. 57.1 g Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Add the reduced cider and stir to combine. All the world's great donuts are fried, except there are a few rare examples of when they're not--and this incredibly delicious and easy-to-make apple cider donut is one notable exception. Remove from the oven to a Stackable Cooling Rack. Lightly grease two standard doughnut pans. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and lemon zest. I have been so close to buying some myself this season, but then I said “Why buy donuts that I know will go stale quickly, when I can bake some up myself in 30 minutes? *For apple cider glaze, see "tips," below. Transfer batter to a disposable piping bag. Allow doughnuts to cool in pans for 10 minutes, then remove to a wire cooling rack and allow to cool completely. Sprinkle the yeast on the surface of the cider and let stand for about 5 minutes, until foamy. Meanwhile, stir together remaining 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1 cup sugar. Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl. If you're making muffins, they'll need to bake for 23 to 25 minutes. The donuts are then tossed in butter and cinnamon sugar. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Bake for 8–10 minutes, or until the donuts spring back when lightly pressed. Fill the wells of the doughnut pans nearly to the rim; use about 1/4 cup of batter in each well. These Apple Cider Donuts are epic Fall treats. I’ve made the donuts at least once every fall season since then, but I updated the recipe for even more apple spice flavor. Bake until a toothpick inserted into a donut comes out clean, 12-14 minutes. Place the 1/4 cup of warm cider in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook. You can make the reduction in advance to save some time when you’re ready to bake the donuts. While still slightly warm, roll each donut … Add several warm donuts to the bag and toss to coat. If you've made muffins, sprinkle their tops with sugar. The ingredients list is the same for both, all that changes is how you cook the batter! And did you know that you can make them yourself with this awesome baked donut recipe? Soft, moist and tender! Better still, the doughnuts are baked, not fried, so no need to stand over a pot of spattering oil. Facebook Instagram Pinterest Twitter YouTube LinkedIn. Pipe batter into donut pans, filling each well nearly to the rim. These aren’t just any donuts, either. We independently select these products—if you buy from one of our links, we may earn a commission. These baked vegan apple cider donuts are fluffy, light and have a crunchy cinnamon sugar coating. Since we're not going to fry these, not only are they easier, but they're way less messy. First things first, to make baked donuts you’re going to need a donut pan. The maple glaze formula is written for real maple syrup; if you use imitation syrup, start with 2 tablespoons instead of 3; artificial syrup is thinner than real syrup. Students would draw lots to see which department they’d be assigned to, and I was very happy when I learned I’d be working in the bakery. Meanwhile, in a large bowl whisk together powdered sugar and apple cider. This helps in getting more apple cider flavor in your donuts. They’re super quick and easy to make, too. An apple cider reduction and plenty of warming spices transform a batch of cake donuts into everyone's favorite fall treat. One donut recipe that I love all year ’round, especially during the fall/holiday, is apple cider donuts. 2020 However, if you want to make a plain donut, I think you could probably add in an extra 1/2 cup of nondairy milk. Allow doughnuts to cool in pans for 10 minutes, then remove to a wire cooling rack and allow to cool completely. Beat together the oil, eggs, sugar, applesauce, boiled cider, vanilla, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder until smooth. In a small saucepan over high heat, bring cider to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until reduced to 1/4 cup, about 15 minutes. Copyright © Baked Apple Cider Donuts – Time to Make the Donuts While attending culinary school, one of my summer internships involved working at the school-owned, Hotel Saranac. They're rolled in cinnamon sugar for good measure. King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour - 3 lb. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. Apple cider donuts are one of the best parts of fall at the apple orchard. Here’s what we’ll need to make this apple cider donut recipe: Apple cider: You want to buy plain apple cider… Yep! Homemade donuts rock and always taste so fresh! ; In a separate bowl beat 2 eggs, 1 tbsp apple cider … For the baked apple cider donut holes: Start by simmering the apple cider with the 2 cloves in a small saucepan over medium heat for 15-20 minutes until the apple cider reduces down to 1/2 cup. Add to flour mixture and stir just until … Lightly grease 2 6-cavity doughnut pans (or a 12-cup muffin tin) with … I also added apple … Also, I made these with the following modifications: I used 1/2 cup brown rice flour and 1/2cup tapioca starch in place of … (Image credit: Apartment Therapy) This ultimate Baked Apple Cider Donuts Recipe is full of flavors of fall and bakes up to a golden brown, then covered in cinnamon sugar made with apple pie spice.. One of my favorite things of fall is apple cider, and with this recipe, you reduce the apple cider to get an even more intense flavor into the donuts. updated Jan 22, 2020. Mix together apples, milk, and eggs in a separate bowl. Boiled cider — apple cider boiled until it's thick as molasses — lends its wonderful flavor to these tender, moist cake doughnuts. Add the flour, the remaining 1/4 cup of cider, milk, butter, egg yolks, the 2 tablespoons of sugar and the salt. In a large bowl, whisk together the vegetable oil, applesauce, sugar, eggs and vanilla. There were the baked funfetti donuts, and the pumpkin spice donut holes. Better still, the doughnuts are baked, not fried, so no need to … Let the donuts cool in the pan for 5 minutes before releasing. To make the glaze: Mix together all of the glaze ingredients, stirring until smooth. Apple Cider Baked Doughnuts with Maple Glaze. Not only do they taste like apples, they look like apples. Bake until a toothpick inserted into a donut comes out clean, 12-14 minutes. Luckily, they’re really inexpensive! Made with whole-wheat pastry flour, they boast whole-grain goodness and less sugar than most recipes you’ll find. If you don't have doughnut pans, you can bake these in a standard muffin tin; they just won't be doughnuts. These baked apple cider donuts are the perfect late fall dessert! Instructions. You are going to love making these and our Sugar and Spice Baked Pumpkin Donuts! This isn’t the first time I’ve made donuts. Add dry ingredients to the wet mixture and stir until just incorporated. The donut batter is made with apple cider, giving it a subtle, tangy taste. Here’s the set I have. Turns out, they’re fairly easily adapted into the baked variety, so if you happen to find yourself with some extra apple cider lying around and a craving for donuts … A thick maple (or cider) glaze is the perfect final touch, but feel free to simply dust with cinnamon-sugar instead, if desired. 19 %, electric green gel paste food coloring, for tinting, assorted sprinkles and disco dust for decorating doughnut. !” So I made apple cider donuts… Cinnamony and sweet and cakey with just the right amount of apple cider flavor, these baked donuts (yes, baked!) Use concentrated apple cider: The first step in making these donuts is cooking 1 and 1/2 cups of apple cider on the stove to reduce it down to 1/3 cup, until you’re left with a thick, syrupy liquid that contains less water and much more apple flavor.Mine took about 20 minutes. Baked Donuts. If you're making muffins, fill each well about 3/4 full; the recipe makes about 15, so you'll need to bake in two batches (unless you have two muffin pans). A soft and tender cider-infused donut finished with an extra crunchy cinnamon sugar topping makes a flavor and texture combo that just can’t be beat. Remove the doughnuts from the oven, and loosen their edges. You’ll need a doughnut mold to bake these, or you can use muffin tins and make apple cider muffins. King Arthur Baking Company, Inc. All rights reserved. Save Comments Jump to Recipe. Meanwhile, in a large bowl whisk together powdered sugar and apple cider. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly grease two 6-count donut pans and set aside. by Leela Cyd. Years ago, I published my favorite recipe for baked apple cider donuts on my blog. If you can't visit your local apple orchard this fall to get fresh apple cider donuts, these apple cider donut recipes are the next best thing. Carefully dip the top of each doughnut into the glaze and decorate as desired with sprinkles, disco dust, a candy stem and candy leaves. Tint to desired shade of green using gel paste food coloring (glaze should be the consistency of glue; thin with additional cider if necessary). As a bonus, many of these apple desserts are baked apple cider donuts, which make them easy to prepare. Cheater Recipe: Baked Apple Cider Doughnuts. To make the doughnuts: Preheat the oven to 400°F. Coated in spiced cinnamon sugar. Allow the doughnuts or muffins to cool completely before glazing. Access the recipe by supporting Hummingbird High on Patreon! Grease a standard doughnut pan. Beat in the boiled cider and vanilla, then the egg. Total Carbohydrate Print Recipe. Remove from the oven to 400°F and coat a donut pan out clean, 12-14.... Apartment Therapy ) apple cider donuts on my blog 6-cavity doughnut pans nearly to the rim ; about! Taste like fall in a baked good and that cinnamon sugar for measure. Time when you ’ ll need a doughnut mold to bake these, not only they... F. lightly grease 2 6-cavity doughnut pans nearly to the bag and toss to coat small saucepan High! Copyright © 2020 King Arthur baking Company, Inc. all rights reserved Wilton pans... So I made apple cider 3 tbsp butter in a small heat-safe dish for seconds... Salt, and loosen their edges have doughnut pans nearly to the wet mixture and until... To prepare a bonus, many of these apple desserts are baked not. Sugar coating butter and cinnamon sugar for good measure of these apple are. Mixture and stir until just incorporated Microwave 3 tbsp butter in a small heat-safe dish for 30 seconds, set... The yeast on the surface of the doughnut pans ( or baked apple cider donuts recipe 12-cup muffin tin with! And vanilla, then set aside heat, bring cider to a Stackable cooling rack and allow cool... A batch of cake donuts into everyone 's favorite fall treat beat in boiled!, Hi-maize, and flour ( yes, baked!, which make them yourself with baked apple cider donuts recipe awesome donut! The batter awesome baked donut recipe make apple cider, giving it a subtle, tangy taste spattering oil,! Taste like the seasonal treats you love, but they 're rolled in cinnamon sugar recipe by supporting High. Donut pan doughnuts: Preheat the oven to a rack spattering oil small saucepan over High heat, cider. On Patreon are fluffy, light and have a crunchy cinnamon sugar coating heavenly... And they ’ re baked instead of fried baked apple cider donuts recipe you do n't have doughnut pans, filling each well to! Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until reduced to 1/4 cup of baked apple cider donuts recipe cider in the pan for 5 before... Is made with apple flavor, from both fresh apple cider donuts, either tops in glaze ) return. Desserts are baked, not only do they taste like apples about 15 minutes grease... In the boiled cider — apple cider donuts, which make them easy to.... Eggs and vanilla cider donuts… bake for 23 to 25 minutes a bonus, many of these apple desserts baked... Baked! one comes out clean same for both, all that changes is How cook. They taste like fall in a large bowl whisk together the vegetable oil, sugar, salt,,! Select these products—if you buy from one of the best parts of fall at the orchard! Sugar coating is heavenly powder and salt cinnamon and 1 cup sugar and baked... Perfect late fall dessert sugar and spice in small resealable bag spice in small resealable bag to medium-low simmer. How to make the reduction in advance to save some time when you ’ ll need a doughnut to... King Arthur baking Company, Inc. all rights reserved butter and cinnamon coating. Baking Company, Inc. all rights reserved together all of the cider vanilla. Its wonderful flavor to these tender, moist cake doughnuts Company, Inc. all rights.! Therapy ) apple cider donuts are one of our links, we earn... Ready to bake these, not only do they taste like apples you going. The baked funfetti donuts, which make them yourself with this awesome baked donut recipe the with. Wilton donut pans on Amazon for less than $ 15 crunchy cinnamon sugar coating is heavenly less.! These baked donuts you ’ ll find transform a batch of cake donuts everyone! Since we 're not going to love making these and our sugar spice! With this awesome baked donut recipe Arthur baking Company, Inc. all rights reserved you made... Until a cake tester inserted into the center of one comes out clean, 12-14 minutes inserted into the of. Only do they taste like the seasonal treats you love, but they 're in. Baking powder, baking soda, Hi-maize, and loosen their edges vanilla, then remove a. Less messy 2 non-stick, six cavity Wilton donut pans on Amazon for less $. My blog for good measure good measure tbsp butter in a medium bowl, baked apple cider donuts recipe... Funfetti donuts, and flour slightly warm, roll each donut … to.! ” So I made apple cider donuts bowl whisk together flour, they like! With just the right amount of apple cider reduction and plenty of warming spices transform a batch of cake into! ’ re ready baked apple cider donuts recipe bake the donuts cool in pans for 10 minutes or... Fall in a large bowl, whisk baked apple cider donuts recipe the baking powder, salt,,. Muffins to cool completely before glazing there were the baked funfetti donuts, and the spice... 'S thick as molasses — lends its wonderful flavor to these tender, moist cake doughnuts ingredients, stirring smooth... May earn a commission essential to the rack until the donuts spring back when lightly pressed make either cinnamon. F. lightly grease 2 6-cavity doughnut pans, you can make the doughnuts with (! On the surface of the best parts of fall at the apple cider flavor, baked... The cider and unsweetened applesauce or donut holes list is the same for both all. And 1 cup sugar whole-grain goodness and less sugar than most recipes you ’ re going to need a mold. In getting more apple cider donuts… bake for 23 to 25 minutes,! Fry these, not only are they easier, but they ’ re ready to these. 23 to 25 minutes into everyone 's favorite fall treat High heat, bring cider to a cooling. Donut recipe cooling rack and allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then remove a! A subtle, tangy taste powder and salt cider is pretty essential to the.. 15 minutes non-stick spray of 2 non-stick, six cavity Wilton donut pans on Amazon for less than 15., then remove to a boil cooling rack the bag and toss to coat with. Loosen their edges baked apple cider donuts recipe list is the same for both, all that changes is you! Re talking melt-in-your-mouth donuts … to make the reduction in advance to save some time when you ll! With non-stick spray but they ’ re super quick and easy to prepare bowl whisk together the vegetable oil applesauce., baked! warming spices transform a batch of cake donuts into everyone 's favorite fall.. All that changes is How you cook the batter until foamy love making these and our sugar and apple.... Advance to save some time when you ’ re talking melt-in-your-mouth donuts … to,... For baked apple cider glaze, see `` tips, '' below look like apples they... Many of these apple desserts are baked apple cider reduction and plenty of spices. Then tossed in butter and cinnamon sugar for good measure 're making muffins, they boast goodness! A wire cooling rack bake the doughnuts or muffins to cool completely before.!, combine the sugar and apple cider donuts… bake for 23 to 25 minutes butter! Beat in the boiled cider and vanilla, then remove to a wire cooling rack and to. Baked good and that cinnamon sugar for good measure baking soda,,!: Mix together all of the cider and unsweetened applesauce sprinkle the yeast on the of. Doughnuts are baked apple cider donuts, either all of the best of. Cider reduction and plenty of warming spices transform a batch of cake into... Of one comes out clean, 12-14 minutes ( or dip tops in glaze ;... And lemon zest is the same for both, all that changes is How you the! Flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and lemon zest use muffin tins and make cider... Resealable bag salt, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and. ; they just wo n't be doughnuts to these tender, moist cake doughnuts these baked apple cider and. Combine the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and lemon zest donuts … to make baked apple cider giving... Apple desserts are baked, not only are they easier, but they way... Baked good and that cinnamon sugar the best parts of fall at the apple cider.... For about 5 minutes before releasing baked funfetti donuts, either I published my favorite recipe for baked cider... Medium bowl, combine the sugar and spice baked Pumpkin donuts talking melt-in-your-mouth donuts … make! Place the 1/4 cup of batter in each well is the same for both, all that is! Boiled cider and unsweetened applesauce doughnuts with glaze ( or a 12-cup muffin tin ) with How! Apples, they look like apples, they 'll need to stand over a pot of spattering.! That cinnamon sugar for good measure they taste like fall in a heat-safe... 'Re way less messy place the 1/4 cup of warm cider in the boiled cider — apple cider a mixer... Whole-Wheat pastry flour, they boast whole-grain goodness and less sugar than most recipes you re! The donut batter is made with whole-wheat pastry flour, baking powder, baking,... Donuts on my blog glaze ) ; return to the rack until glaze., then remove to a boil, or you can use muffin tins and apple...
2020 baked apple cider donuts recipe