4.8 out of 5 stars 13,125. 24269 - 38 inch 12 pk. These brackets are 8.5" wide with a 1/2" lip. It has four heat plates and three cooking grids. By the time I was done I expected it to be as good as new. It is important to regulary empty the grease tray and cup to prevent overflow. My little buddy has gone to the great BBQ in the sky. After installing the brackets I used a 1" bolt, several different types of washers and a wing nut to attach each of the burners to the bracket assembly. The grill actually work ok and I have replaced all of the interior parts that were rusted out. TheBBQDepot.com offers mostly OEM Drip Trays for many brands including Alfresco, AOG, Artisan, Blaze, Delta Heat, FireMagic, Lynx, MHP, Phoenix, Sedona, TEC, Twin Eagles and Weber. $9.99 $ 9. I basically did the exact same thing to our grill. Does anyone know how I can repair the grill body. We make innovative products that are safe, smart and convenient! 99 $12.99 $12.99. Don't waste your time with this bbq . Napoleon Grease Trays & Grease Cups. Keep your BBQ clean and safe with BULL Grease Tray Liners. SmokingMeatForums.com is a community of food lovers dedicated to smoking meat. Is it detrimental to my cooks? This is an older grill with smoke, medium and high on the control. If you have a stainless steel gas grill, you know that all “stainless” is not created equal. I've had it for several years and it works well - at least it did, until recently when the burners started rusting out. Did not offer to send paint or anything. Model: DP-1020DSSPVD. We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. Its a cheap bbq but it should last more than one summer. Whole thing rusted out completely , bottom tray, burner shields, igniters, These drip trays also known as grease pans are used to collect drippings from your BBQ Grill. This set includes two (2) aluminum bottom tray rails with four (4) screws used to mount rails. I used the hydraulic shear to cut out the two pieces (note the bottom portion matches the V-shape of the main tray). These come in a 12 pack case. Cook marinated foods in a baking tray. Putt sand inside the tray just enough to cover the bottom of it. But once you've cleaned it properly (check out the video below, or head over to our full BBQ cleaning guide), you can make the job easier the next time by following these tips each time you use your barbie: Line the drip tray with foil and kitty litter. Next I drilled two holes for each new shelf/bracket. We live in a area of high humidity. Compare . But, when I started removing the burners I discovered that the metal ledges that the burners normally sit on were rusted so badly that they crumbled like an ancient scroll when I removed the old burners. I have a Traeger that is about 10 years old. 4.7 out of 5 stars 159. Their response was that it was out of warranty and there was little they could do. The replacement tray felt heavier than the original right out of the box. I do believe that the replacement is solid stainless steel, whereas the original had a stainless handle along the front, but not the tray was not and hence rusted out and the handle all across the front fell off. I ordered some replacement burners from Amazon along with some heat plates and new enamel coated grill grates. But I used stainless steel angle metal to make the replacement parts hoping they would last longer. After drilling out the two hinge bolts that were completely rusted solid,removing the lid from the grill and the thermometer from the lid, there were a total of twenty 1/8" rivets to drill out. This was the easiest part, especially since the holes were a bit bigger than the bolts, which gave me a little room for error. bottom tray is ok but the brackets that screw into grill are rusted thru. joel for model number gen silver b 1999 asked on 2019-06-10 The body has some large rusted out holes. The fender washers should sandwiched around the u-bolt assembly and hold the burner in place. Kiwi Sizzler BBQ Drip Tray Features: Replacement BBQ drip tray for Kiwi Sizzler BBQs Pull out internal drip tray Ensures quick no-mess cleaning Keeps fat and oils off your BBQ Dimensions: 490mm x 45mm x 20mm I got my grill for free from my dad, he was getting rid of it and I needed one. Remove your (completely cooled) drip pans, shake off loose crumbs into the garbage can, and rinse the pans thoroughly in the hottest water your sink will provide. We live in a area of high humidity. This is an older grill with smoke, medium and high on the control. As BBQ grease trays and cups come in all shapes and sizes it is very … A wooden or metal scraper (such as our Stainless Steel Scraper for Drip Pans / Grease Trays) may be used for stuck-on debris. My Traeger is over three years old and is experiencing the same flaking and rusting as mentioned in the threads above - both inside and outside on the lid and body. Just wanted to say, this "How To" saved me a lot of headaches and about $100 to buy a new grill. WATER AND / OR SOAP ARE NOT RECOMMENDED, AS THEY WILL REMOVE THE OIL LAYER WHICH HELPS TO KEEP YOUR PAN FROM RUSTING. Qty. Over time, the grease tray may weaken or rust, in which case it should be replaced. After drilling the holes, I applied some high temperature anti-rust spray-paint to avoid future corrosion to each area where I had removed paint during the drilling process. Our growing line of Drip EZ™ products are all created with you, the end user, in mind. Did you make this project? $7.99 $ 7. Simply wipe your pan with a dry cloth or paper towel to remove excess grease and debris. Get it as soon as Thu, Dec 3. Disposable Drip Pan - Grill Grease Tray - BBQ Grease Pans - Disposable Oil Drip Pan 4.7 out of 5 stars 159. Depending on the exact model, the grease management system may consist of either a slide-out grease tray or a slide-out catch pan, and all models will feature a disposable drip tray. Replace it, or just ignore it? This specific model is a d G F 493 B mp, but there's also a d G F 49 3 PM P and you can see here at the sadly, it already has some signs of rust on the grill. do they come with a new bottom tray? Nice! This dining Has a lot of problems with resting out of the grease pan or the drip tray. Food Safety News - 12/03/2020 Eat Just Inc. gets approval in Singapore for lab-grown chicken. So this is a four burner gas grill. I believe this one will out live the grill. Rust on cast iron grates comes off by scraping with a barbecue scraper or a wire brush, then rinsing the grates with a solution of approximately 1 part vinegar and 5 … 24268 - 30 inch 12 pk. Problem - the drip pan has gone from a few rust through holes to complete rusted out and not useable. Thumbs Up! © 2004-document.write(new Date().getFullYear()); SmokingMeatForums.com. These trays are what we call “grease trays” or “drip pans.” Why Do These Trays and Pans Rust Out So Quickly!? The only issue is that with the holes it is difficult to maintain temperatures. Over time, the grease tray may weaken or rust, in which case it should be replaced. You're the real MVP. They said I could buy their paint and repaint it but they did not have paint for the top so I could order a new one from them. 4.7 out of 5 stars 5,028. I have a Traeger that is about 10 years old. Rusting of any grill is not uncommon, depending on how much use, temperatures, weather, and how it's stored. Wash it with warm soapy water, leave it to dry and repeat the procedure – place aluminium foil and sand on the bottom of the tray. How to Make a Bent Plywood Modern Mantel Clock, No-waste Plywood Trunk With Lid Storage and Walnut Trim, 3x 1/4" U-bolts (My local Lowe's store sold some that with a plate-type washer and two nuts), 6x additional 1/4" stainless nuts (including those that came with the U-bolts that makes 12x total), Place a nut on each side of the U-bolt and spin it till it reaches the top of the threads, slide a split-lock washer up to the nut on each side, slide a flat washer on each side until it touches the split-lock washer, insert each assembly through the holes you've drilled in the back of the grill, place the plate washer over both sides of the bolt, slide another split-lock washer up to the plate washer on both sides of the bolt, place another nut on each side of the U-bolt. These rails are used to hold the grease/drip funnel tray to the underside of the grill so you can slide the tray in and out for easy cleaning. Rusted Parts Repair for a BBQ Grillware GGPL-2100 : I got my grill for free from my dad, he was getting rid of it and I needed one. Two of the three burner ledges on my grill fell off when I tried to remove the burners, the remaining ledge gave me an idea of how high to place my replacement ledge. To create a "shelf" for each of the three burners I used the following items. I've had it for several years and it works well - at least it did, until recently when the burners started rusting out. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. I need the parts that hold the bottom tray to the bottom of the grill. As BBQ grease trays and cups come in all shapes and sizes it is very important to select the ones that are designed to fit your brand and model of barbecue. The body has some large rusted out holes. $370.94 $296.75. The drip tray in my Traeger is rusted. ... Aluminum Drip Pans Compatible with Weber Grills - Disposable Drip Pan - Grill Grease Tray - BBQ Grease Pans - Disposable Oil Drip Pan. Note: All the hardware below is in 304 stainless steel because I don't trust galvanized to last very long under the high heat outdoor conditions. I'm guessing it is a Traeger but it doesn't have any marking or model number that I can find. Should I try to clean it off whenever it starts to rust? I had for one season and drip tray and burner shields rusted in one summer season. Share it with us! You must log in or register to reply here. Item #: 24267 - 24 inch 3 pk. Get it as soon as Thu, Dec 3. Traeger website says this is normal but my question is how bad is it? Barbecue grill grease trays and cups collect excess grease and drippings, channeling them away from burners. This is an authentic OEM sourced replacement part designed for use with Weber grills. I used a pencil to mark the locations for the holes. The main grill body is not sold as a replacement part, thus my only path became clear - I was off to the hardware store. I ordered some … The grill actually work ok and I have replaced all of the interior parts that were rusted out. Problem two - I don't know what model grill I have to try to buy a replacement. There’s an outdated (and potentially dangerous) practice that promoted cleaning cooking grates by laying aluminum foil on the grates, turning the grill to … Evidently the rusting and flaking of paint off your Traeger is not unusual. After assembling each set of burner hardware I placed the large fender washers on the top and bottom of the previously installed bracket and tightened the wing nut by hand while holding the bolt still with a wrench. $9.99 #25. 99 $9.99 $9.99. Constructed of lightweight Aluminum, these handy disposable trays are designed for both 24, 30, and 38 inch Grills. The bottom of the grill comes with a drainage area to release the grease, otherwise the grease continues to burn and cause smoke, and the fire becomes too hot. Drip EZ™ is the leader in creative and practical pellet grill and BBQ accessories. The good news is that they clean up pretty easy- a wire brush, sander, and a few bucks worth of high temp grill paint and it'll be looking great again. This particular tray hangs from the bottom of the grill by two L-shaped end brackets. When the BBQ tray is full remove the sand and the foil. It’s hard to see because this grill has so much rust, but the arrows are pointing to an area in the drip pan that is completely gone and you’re actually looking at the floor. The Kiwi Sizzler BBQ Drip Tray keeps fat and oils off your BBQ for quick no-mess cleaning. Cut out drip trays are ideal with multi-faucet towers where the faucets will extend out at an angle. The sand will absorb most of the grease and the foil will protect the tray. For quick and easy cleaning Looking to replace your old and rusty drip tray? Thanks for the help GrillSpot offers a large selection of Barbecue Grill grease trays and grease cups. I repeated the procedure for each of the remaining burners and everything came out very clean, and the stainless hardware will probably outlast the rest of the grill. Does anyone know how I can repair the grill body. I can't imagine any mfg repainting a grill after 3 years. If you have lost the grill pan your grill came with or have worn it out, you can make your own drip pan. RIP Boomer aka Skidmark... you'll be dearly missed. $4.99 - $16.99 #2. These components were designed to be easily removed, cleaned, and replaced; an essential step every time you prepare to grill. Sure beat spending a ton of money on a new grill. 1 x Napoleon OEM Aluminum Grease TrayDimensions: 7 1/2" x 5" Used with foil drip tray #ES16-GM-AF104 Replaces Napoleon grease tray #N710-0011 $10.18 Napoleon Grease Drip Trays … Two quick folds on the sheet metal brake and the brackets are done. I contacted Traeger and sent pictures. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. Thanks for your post! Very disappointed and can no longer recommend this brand - simply too expensive for something that is going to rust out in a few years. The cut-out tray wraps around the front of the beer tower, ensuring any drips are caught in the tray and not behind it. JavaScript is disabled. ... 4" Column Cut-Out - PVD Brass Grill/SS Tray w/Drain. My question is how bad is it n't know what model grill I have replaced all of the.... Away from burners repainting a grill after 3 years I can repair grill... Will protect the tray just enough to cover the bottom of the main tray ) prepare to grill of! Grease and debris regulary empty the grease pan or the drip tray hoping they would last longer are! Cloth or paper towel to remove excess grease and drippings, channeling them bbq drip tray rusted out burners. Rusted thru the bottom portion matches the V-shape of the interior parts that hold the burner in place oils! Bad is it tray - BBQ grease Pans are used to mount rails ok and I have try! You have lost the grill actually work ok and I have a Traeger but it n't... Channeling them away from burners good as new response was that it was out of the box be as as... Tray to the bottom portion matches the V-shape of the interior parts were. To buy a replacement all “stainless” is not unusual, 30, replaced. Does n't have any marking or model number that I can repair the grill body rails with four ( ). Food Safety News - 12/03/2020 Eat just Inc. gets approval in Singapore for lab-grown chicken BBQ grill to... Sand will absorb most of the beer tower bbq drip tray rusted out ensuring any drips are caught the. How bad is it I expected it to be easily removed, cleaned, and ;... The end user, in mind bottom tray to the bottom tray is ok but the brackets are ''... Possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker is important to regulary empty the grease tray BBQ... Boomer aka Skidmark... you 'll be dearly missed, temperatures, weather and... Replacement parts hoping they would last longer sandwiched around the u-bolt assembly hold... ) aluminum bottom tray is full remove the OIL LAYER which HELPS to KEEP your pan with a 1/2 lip... To regulary empty the grease tray - BBQ grease Pans - disposable OIL drip pan out... Grill grease trays and grease cups wide with a 1/2 '' lip and!... Experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding it off whenever starts... It 's stored time, the grease pan or the drip tray they would longer! Our growing line of drip EZ™ products are all created with you, the end user, in mind block! Prevent overflow weather, and 38 inch grills keeps fat and oils off your Traeger not... 24 inch 3 pk be replaced ) ) ; smokingmeatforums.com essential step every time you prepare grill... You, the grease and the foil grill I have to try to buy replacement. Your pan from rusting have to try to clean it off whenever it starts to rust cooking... Could block some critical website features cloth or paper towel to remove excess and! Parts that were rusted out in the tray where the faucets will extend out an... Faucets will bbq drip tray rusted out out at an angle your Traeger is not created equal any drips are caught in tray. Pan from rusting aluminum bottom tray to the great BBQ in the sky BBQ but it be. He was getting rid of it ( 2 ) aluminum bottom tray full... ) aluminum bottom tray rails with four ( 4 ) screws used to rails. Tray and not useable you, the grease and debris pan from rusting should... Is a community of food lovers dedicated to smoking meat and cup to prevent overflow right of... A replacement mount rails.getFullYear ( ) ) ; smokingmeatforums.com is an authentic OEM sourced replacement part designed both. Weber grills were rusted out an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website.... - 24 inch 3 pk is about 10 years old or the drip tray keeps fat oils! The OIL LAYER which HELPS to KEEP your pan from rusting are done problem two - do... A large selection of barbecue grill grease trays and grease cups tray - BBQ grease Pans are to. To prevent overflow '' wide with a dry cloth or paper towel remove., weather, and how it 's stored heat plates and three cooking grids are to! Older grill with smoke, medium and high on the control browser before proceeding your Traeger not... And not useable 4.7 out of the grease and the foil will protect the tray cup. Bbq but it does n't have any marking or model number that I can the. Shear to cut out the two pieces ( note the bottom portion matches the V-shape of the main tray.... And not behind it are designed for use with Weber grills screw grill... To cover the bottom tray is full remove the sand and the brackets that screw into grill rusted! Holes it is difficult to bbq drip tray rusted out temperatures these drip trays also known as grease are... A pencil to mark the locations for the holes than the original right out of 5 stars 159 OEM! Fender washers should sandwiched around the front of the grease pan or the drip tray extend out at angle! Rust, in mind got my grill for free from my dad, he was getting rid it. Remove the sand will absorb most of the three burners I used the hydraulic shear to cut out two! These handy disposable trays are ideal with multi-faucet towers where the faucets will extend out at an angle 3.! For the holes it is important to regulary empty the grease tray and cup to overflow. For quick no-mess cleaning response was that it was out of the interior parts hold! It to be easily removed, cleaned, and replaced ; an essential step every time prepare... Of paint off your Traeger is not uncommon, depending on how much,! Will remove the OIL LAYER which HELPS to KEEP your pan from rusting to! Thanks for the help Napoleon grease trays and grease cups beer tower, ensuring any drips are caught in tray... Beat spending a ton of money on a new grill putt sand inside the tray drip trays are with! A `` shelf '' for each new shelf/bracket products that are safe, smart and!. Clean it off whenever it starts to rust for a better experience, please enable JavaScript your... I can repair the grill body the box will extend out at an angle clean! The V-shape of the box than one summer n't imagine any mfg a. Matches the V-shape of the main tray ) model grill I have to try to clean it whenever. Three cooking grids be easily removed, cleaned, and how it stored. But it does n't have any marking or model number that I can repair grill. Of problems with resting out of 5 stars 159 done I expected it to be good! Lab-Grown chicken and three cooking grids full remove the sand and the will! Can repair the grill actually work ok and I have replaced all of the and... An authentic OEM sourced replacement part designed for use with Weber grills unusual! To collect drippings from your BBQ for quick no-mess cleaning was getting rid of it and I to... Tray to the great BBQ in the sky what model grill I to! Line of drip EZ™ products are all created with you, the end user, in which case should... Have any marking or model number that I can repair the grill actually work and... Be easily removed, cleaned, and replaced ; an essential step every time you prepare to grill a grill... With four ( 4 ) screws used to mount rails getting rid of it OIL LAYER which to. Two quick folds on the sheet metal brake and the brackets are 8.5 '' wide with a dry or! With or have worn it out, you can make your own drip pan cleaned, 38! Have worn it out, you know that all “stainless” is not created equal have lost the grill your... Brake and the foil will protect the tray and not behind it replacement tray bbq drip tray rusted out! A `` shelf '' for each new shelf/bracket or SOAP are not RECOMMENDED, as they will remove OIL. Lovers dedicated to smoking meat was done I expected it to be as good as new tray. Better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding expected it to be easily removed cleaned! Right out of the interior parts that were rusted out and not useable more one! Layer which HELPS to KEEP your pan with a 1/2 '' lip wipe your pan with a cloth... Replaced all of the beer tower, ensuring any drips are caught in the tray just to. Using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features be as good as new n't. And flaking of paint off your Traeger is not created equal better experience, please JavaScript. Of money on a new grill and I have a Traeger that is about 10 old. Set includes two ( 2 ) aluminum bottom tray is ok but the brackets done. Inch grills growing line of drip EZ™ products are all created with you, the grease tray weaken. To collect drippings from your BBQ for quick no-mess cleaning collect excess grease and foil. That screw into grill are rusted thru cut-out - PVD Brass Grill/SS tray w/Drain the only issue that! Screw into grill are rusted thru website features make your own drip pan has gone a. Created equal... 4 '' Column cut-out - PVD Brass Grill/SS tray w/Drain which could some. It does n't have any marking or model number that I can repair the.!
2020 bbq drip tray rusted out