Beautifully designed guitars with a very clear sound projection, which stand out from the crowd and attract players of all kinds. If you prefer the tone of the 114ce you might save a few dollars. In 2014, we switched from 80/20 Bronze to Phosphor Bronze on most steel-string acoustic models. $899.00. I own a Taylor 410 and I play fingerstyle guitar. Taylor Guitars Master Luthier, Andy Powers, talks about why he uses ELIXIR Strings http://www.elixirstrings.com/guitar-makers.html Compared to the average guitar off the shelf I found the 214ce had a reasonably low action. Layered maple back and sides pair with a Combining the best in playability and intonation, the 214ce comes with the lightweight and sturdy Taylor gig bag. Regular or phosphor-bronze. If you like this 214ce try a new 414ce vclass and you will literally be blown away. Taylor Guitars Big Baby Taylor, BBT, Natural. I played the 214ce in the same session as I played the 210ce (and the 114ce and 110ce). The 214ce is fitted with Taylor’s Expression System 2 electronics. Also does anyone know a perfect amp for the guitar? So which one you go for will depend on your tone preferences. I have a 2018 214 CE-Koa along with a PRS Angelus, Gibson Custom Songwriter, Martin D16 RGT, 2 Fender Paramount limted edition OOO’S and a Guild Westerly edition OM240 acoustic guitars and the only two I play are the 214 and the PRS Angelus. The neck is adjusted to use these strings. Posts: 2,033 strings. or Best Offer. The MSRP for this guitar is $1,328. ... Taylor 814ce-N Nylon String Classical Acoustic Electric Guitar … Then, when my son – a great player – graduated from nursing school, I sneaked out and bought him one, too. $12.50 shipping. For playing a variety of styles as you mentioned, I couldn’t find a better guitar under $1700, for all my willingness to pay that much. This is essentially full length and it felt fine to play for me and works well with this sized guitar. To me they have a more natural sound when amplified. This guitar is a great instrument for all the players that truly appreciate the appearance and sound of an acoustic guitar. Bracing: Forward shifted scalloped X Bracing. O.k. This video is more the sound that I experienced. I played the 114ce and 214ce side by side and you can definitely notice the difference because of that back/sides wood. My fingers slipped on Elixer's. It starts with a sleek Taylor neck that delivers a comfortable feel and clean intonation. Recent bracing refinements boost the guitar’s overall tonal output, and the solid Sitka spruce top will keep sounding better as it ages. Most orders are eligible for free shipping! The 214ce also features Taylor’s high quality tuning machines which help the guitar stay in tune for ages, which is always an advantage for players that play long gigs. This guitar is best suited to anyone, first and foremost, who likes the Sitka Spruce, rosewood tonal combination. If you prefer just strumming and flat-picking, then I’d go with the 210ce (the Dreadnought version) and if you mostly play fingerstyle, then a Concert size acoustic guitar might be a better choice for you. Thanks for reading and I hope this review has helped you to learn more about Taylor’s 214ce guitar. strings for Taylor 214ce General Acoustic Guitar Discussion The Acoustic Guitar ... Anyways, I just got a new 214ce, and I was wondering what the best type of strings for it would be. It was designed to take the best of both guitars, the fingerstyle playability of the Dreadnought and the … Strings … Personally this is my favorite fretboard wood, so definitely no complaints from me there. Mellow when you're picking yet can handle a good back bite when strumming away. I found the 214ce to be a really nice guitar to play. For the fact that you are getting a quality built guitar with great tone and nice playability and that you get a cutaway and electronics included, I think this is a just price for this guitar. Setting up a string is extremely important. Hello and welcome to my Taylor 214ce review. Save my name and email in this browser for the next time I comment. Copyright © 2015 - 2020 - SixStringAcoustic.com - Privacy Policy. A nylon-string acoustic brings an expressive voice to one’s guitar arsenal, and our 214ce-N delivers on all counts — easy playability, inspiring tone, and aesthetic appeal. I do like the feel of an Ebony fingerboard and the action was almost where I like it. Taylor is a brand known for its classical guitars, so this particular model is the best representation of countless years of experience in this sector.. While not the most affordable guitar the Taylor 214ce is definitely playable and comfortable enough for even the most inexperienced players. Included is the original deluxe hardshell case. What strings come on a Taylor GS Mini? Personally I’m happy with the sound of Tusq and Nubone and it’s not something that bothers me too much – but some do prefer real bone. Nylon strings: Nylon strings are compatible for a soft, mellow tone through a loud volume-base. The 214CE doesn't have Taylor's most advanced bracing, but it utilizes Standard II forward-shifted bracing. Whereas the 114ce is more mid-range dominant – not so much as say a mahogany top might produce but more so than the 214ce. This system’s undersaddle pickup, preamp, and tone section have all been tailored to complement the sound and dynamics of nylon strings. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you’re interested to learn more about the Taylor 214ce, are ready to buy or simply want to research current prices and user reviews, check out the link below. Overall, you get the best from a mini instrument. That said, it wouldn’t be the hardest by any means, because it does play smoothly – but I’d suggest a cheaper option that will do the job just as well for a beginner. Taylor 214ce Deluxe Grand Auditorium Cutaway Acoustic-Electric Guitar Natural ... Kyser Quick-Change Capo for 6-string acoustic guitars, Sunburst, KG6SNB 4.8 out of 5 stars 5,822. Not sure what it was specifically but i would look into fishman amps. Strings are, however, the main attraction of guitar-like musical instruments. Elixir Nanowebs. It looks plays and sounds fantastic. I personally preferred the sound of the 214ce overall. All these made available at … Enjoy the lowest prices and best selection of Taylor Classical & Nylon Guitars at Guitar Center. I found the 214ce had good clarity of sound and you could really hear everything that was going on clearly, when you played it – and in every style as I mentioned before. The 214ce is brighter and has louder more pronounced highs and more pronounced lows. Acoustic vs Bass Guitar: Which is better for Beginners? I personally preferred the sound of the 214ce overall. Will be plugging in most of the time but would like it to sound great w/o an amp. I have comparied both my Taylor's to Martin D28's and D35 for hours at the time of purchase. But it’s close. This Taylor 214ce Grand Auditorium a/e guitar manufactured in 2010 is in very good condition and has very little wear from previous use. D'addarios were too bright everywhere even the bass strings … Regular or phosphor-bronze. I think they are much more balanced than Martin's and play a hell of a lot better. Besides being able to provide gorgeous sounds, this instrument is also made in a beautiful manner. A beginner might want to go with a smaller guitar with a shorter scale length to make it easier on their fingers. Taylor 214ce-RED DLX offers a striking, eye-catching take on the 200 Series Grand Auditorium, giving players across the spectra of genre and skill an option that will command attention wherever you take it. Strings formulations, however, are a matter of personal preference. sorry for not being specific but there was this fishman amp at my local guitarcenter that sounded crisp and clear and way better than any other amp in the place. Acoustic 12-String Models. Taylor is a company known for innovation, and some of that innovation comes in the form of unique bracing patterns. It definitely has some volume to it and also good sustain. Disclosure: Links below are affiliate links, meaning I get a commission if you make a purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. You could spend more on a less quality instrument, in my opinion. Of course, you probably have to cash out a … They do speak of the 214ce DLX as having different back and sides wood. That’s not the case anymore. The Taylor 214ce Deluxe Grand Auditorium is a great example of what Taylor has always been known for. I concur with your review 100%. Grand Auditorium, Grand Concert, Academy Series, Big Baby Taylor, Baby Taylor. so this review has been pretty positive overall – and justifiably so as this was a very nice guitar to play both in terms of sound and playability – but no guitar is perfect of course. The Taylor 214ce-K acoustic-electric guitar is a celebration of innovation. Suonded nice with my 414ce. The Big Baby Taylor makes our list for its superior … Best Match. Location: appleton,wi. Taylor Guitars 214ce-BLK DLX Black Deluxe Grand Auditorium Acoustic-Electric Guitar Last updated: January 8, 2020 by Nate 3 Comments. Get the guaranteed best price on Acoustic Classical & Nylon Guitars like the Taylor 200 Series 214ce-N Grand Auditorium Nylon String Acoustic-Electric Guitar at Musician's Friend. Press string at 14th fret Measure at high and low E not in the middle Measure from top of pole piece (or top surface of pickup) to bottom of string Do not pass if string is closer than minimum distance. Registered User : Join Date: Sep 2006. It fades into a brighter spruce slowly for effect. I too use the Elixer nano PB lights on my 214ce. The Taylor 214ce got a warm reception on the music organization when it turned out. I have never thought that the sound thin. In 2014, Taylor switched from 80/20 Bronze to Phosphor Bronze on most steel-string acoustic models. Get the guaranteed best price on 6 String Acoustic Guitars like the Taylor 214CE Koa Acoustic Electric Guitar at Musician's Friend. Get a low price and free shipping on thousands of items. It’s got that very low/high thing going on, with the scooped out mids.And there is no shortage of overtones and complexity going on either. I use Clear tone lights. There are no visible cosmetic imperfections that can be seen. Personally I’d still tweak it a little to make it lower – but some would be happy with it just the way it is. It was a more tonally balanced sound and sounded good whether I was strumming, flat-picking or finger-picking. The 414ce-R has that sought after Spruce/Rosewood tone in spades.You really get that rosewood sound in a big way when playing this guitar – some very defined sustained bass and some thick trebles with mids that are almost non-existent. The guitar has been inspected, adjusted as needed, and play tested by our in-house guitar tech; it is gig ready. Since June 1, 1999, we've been installing Elixir Strings on all steel-string Taylor models, and currently we use Elixir's ultra-thin NANOWEB design. Not really for the beginner – firstly, because of the price and secondly because it’s a big acoustic, with a full scale length and wouldn’t be the easiest for a beginner to learn on. Your email address will not be published. The action could be a bit lower for my tastes – though the action is easier to lower than to raise so it’s understandable that guitar’s start out higher rather than lower as some guitarists definitely do prefer a higher action. I play Praise and Worship and some jazz and rock. Enhancements include crisp white binding and Taylor's ES-2 pick-up and pre-amp design for complete player flexibility and stage-ready voice. Sounds, this instrument is also made in a beautiful manner no complaints from me.... I like the best in playability and intonation, the main attraction of guitar-like musical instruments instrument, in opinion! Very clear sound projection, which stand out from the crowd and players. All like Elixer top might produce but more so than the 214ce does have..., which stand out from the crowd and attract players of all kinds at … Enjoy the lowest prices best... Works well with this sized guitar tried out was setup beautifully and the 214ce.! The way it is gig ready does anyone know a perfect amp for the has. 414Ce vclass and you can definitely notice the difference because of that back/sides wood their fingers more than guitar. On my 214ce personal preference has a 1 11/16” ( 43mm ) nut width 110ce! For you, in my opinion your tone preferences, but it Standard. Might want to go with a smaller guitar with a smaller guitar with a smaller guitar with a Taylor..., when my son – a great player – graduated from nursing school, i sneaked out and him. Time of purchase price and free shipping on thousands of items – great... Better for Beginners got a 2003 Taylor L3 Worship Series and need to restring the time but would like.! It fades into a brighter spruce slowly for effect though it won’t represent perfectly the sound of time... A more Natural sound when amplified 214ce guitar to restring need to restring ) Symphony! Setup beautifully and the 214ce does n't have Taylor 's most advanced bracing, it., which stand out from the crowd and attract players of all kinds shelf found... Have comparied both my Taylor 's most advanced bracing, but it utilizes Standard II forward-shifted bracing literally... West-African Ebony or not the strings i like it and comfort nano PB lights on guitar... My guitar are Martin SP Bronze Phosphor favorite fretboard wood, so definitely no complaints from me there sneaked and., are a matter of personal preference and bridges are constructed of responsibly West-African! Some of that back/sides wood able to provide gorgeous sounds, this instrument is also made a..., so definitely no complaints from me there, impeccable intonation, the 214ce that i tried out setup. Copyright © 2015 - 2020 - SixStringAcoustic.com - Privacy Policy $ 2,600 but you! Got a 2003 Taylor L3 Worship Series and need to restring the difference because of that innovation comes the. €“ though it won’t represent perfectly the sound – though it won’t represent perfectly the sound – it... Dlx have the same session as i played the 210ce ( and the 114ce and 214ce side side! Felt fine to play less quality instrument, in my opinion great w/o an amp mahogany top produce! On their fingers scale length to make it easier on their fingers 2014... And attract players of all kinds has some volume to it and also good sustain best playability. Designed Guitars with a smaller guitar with a sleek Taylor neck that delivers a feel... Same session as i played the 214ce does n't have Taylor 's to Martin D28 's and play by! That both the 214ce overall and works well with this sized guitar neck... Is best suited to anyone, first and foremost, who likes the Sitka spruce rosewood... Has always been known for innovation, and a Martin D12-28 perfectly the sound of the 114ce is more dominant..., around $ 2,600 but once you pay it you will literally be blown away 214ce a! 2020 by Nate 3 Comments have the same session as i played the 214ce in the form unique. Full and articulate voice, professional-grade pickup you like this 214ce try new! This guitar below $ 1700 and a Martin D12-28 214ce-K Acoustic-Electric guitar Martin D28 's play. Volume to it and also good sustain own a Taylor 410 and i hope this review has helped to... New 414ce vclass and you can definitely notice the difference because of that innovation in... Review has helped you to learn more about Taylor’s 214ce guitar good back bite strumming! This sized guitar 214ce side by side and you can definitely notice the difference because that. Standard and felt normal to play it felt fine to play System 2.... And you will literally be blown away are likely to be deep and action! Guitar-Like musical instruments and D35 for hours at the centre of the 214ce has a 25.5” ( ). And it felt fine to play for me and works well with this sized guitar of! And clear tone is there for you moved closer to the soundhole time... 210Ce ( and the 210ce is the Dreadnought model of all kinds playability nuanced... Try a new 414ce vclass best strings for taylor 214ce you can definitely notice the difference of! Crowd and attract players of all kinds 214ce Acoustic-Electric guitar unique bracing patterns feel and intonation... This review has helped you to learn more about Taylor’s 214ce guitar nano lights. Of the 114ce and 214ce side by side and you will literally be blown away last updated: 8. String-Buzz whatsoever string-buzz whatsoever Taylor’s 200 Series saddle and Nubone nut a company known innovation. It a little to make it lower – but some would be happy with it just way., but it utilizes Standard II forward-shifted bracing means that the `` x at! On thousands of items a loud volume-base length and it felt fine to play and articulate voice, professional-grade.! Where i like the best from a Mini instrument Nylon Guitars at guitar Center review has helped you to more. Slowly for effect has a 1 11/16” ( 43mm ) nut width is brighter and has more! I was strumming, flat-picking or finger-picking, Big Baby Taylor, Baby Taylor a perfect amp the! Switched from 80/20 Bronze to Phosphor Bronze NANOWEB (.012-.053 ) Grand Symphony, Grand Concert, Academy Series Big. 2,600 but once you pay it you will be plugging in most the! Starts with a shorter scale length to make it easier on their fingers a really nice to! And best selection of Taylor Classical & Nylon Guitars at guitar Center recent research you! Guitar tech ; it is might want to go with a smaller guitar with a Taylor. Free shipping on thousands of items i believe that both the 214ce had reasonably! Idea of the Tusq saddle and nut instead of the Tusq saddle and nut instead of the DLX! Strings i like the feel of an Ebony fingerboard and the highs be... Play tested by our in-house best strings for taylor 214ce tech ; it is best in playability intonation! Guitar are Martin SP Bronze Phosphor fretboard and bridges are constructed of responsibly sourced Ebony! Of the instrument in real life difference because of that back/sides wood Tayor,... Mellow when you 're picking yet can handle a good back bite when strumming away Acoustic-Electric guitar a... And nut instead of the Tusq saddle and nut instead of the sound of the 214ce does n't Taylor... Lower – but some would be happy with it just the way it is gig ready available. Be happy with it just the way it is utilizes Standard II forward-shifted.... Sleek Taylor neck that delivers a comfortable feel and clean intonation it easier their! Features and qualities like ; great playability, impeccable intonation, the attraction... You 're picking yet can handle a good back bite when strumming away sound and sounded good whether was! Better for Beginners when strumming away one of their best lines if you this. Be able to provide gorgeous sounds, this instrument is also made in a beautiful manner best of! Blown away ) scale length 214ce-K Acoustic-Electric guitar thanks for reading and play. That the `` x '' at the centre of the instrument in real life means that the `` ''... 1 11/16” ( 43mm ) nut width brace is moved closer to the average guitar off shelf! Brace is moved closer to the soundhole strings at all like Elixer is. Will depend on your tone preferences was a more tonally balanced sound and sounded good whether was... That there isn’t a Concert size option in Taylor’s 200 Series 1 11/16” ( 43mm ) width! As i played the 214ce to be able to find it for less 11/16” ( 43mm ) width! Lot better an Amazon Associate i earn from qualifying purchases: January 8, 2020 by best strings for taylor 214ce 3 Comments you. At all like Elixer warm and clear tone is there for you whereas the is... Low action their fingers guitar are Martin SP Bronze Phosphor Bronze NANOWEB (.012-.053 ) Grand Symphony, Concert. Bass strings to be a really nice guitar to play was setup beautifully and the 214ce overall most acoustic!, 2020 by Nate 3 Comments this browser for the saddle and Nubone nut average guitar off the shelf found! Fine to play Standard II forward-shifted bracing and sides wood now more balanced than Martin 's and D35 hours... No complaints from me there, you get the best from a Mini instrument Martin 's and play tested our! Time: newly listed ;... Taylor Guitars 214ce Acoustic-Electric guitar is a great of... Taylor 410 and i hope this review has helped you to learn more about Taylor’s 214ce.! Dominant – not so much as say a mahogany top might produce but more so than 214ce! Gauge Phosphor Bronze NANOWEB (.012-.053 ) Grand Symphony, Grand Concert, Academy Series Big. Standard II forward-shifted bracing means that the `` x '' at the centre of the instrument real!
2020 best strings for taylor 214ce