Can't wait :) xo. I made this last week and have to agree, it's amazeballs. I am excited to make this but need more than a cup of rice. Thanks, y’all! I’ve got a Free Meal Plan with 7 of my super popular recipes (complete with grocery list)! Add cream cheese, Mexican cheese, chicken, broccoli and rice. This was so delicious. I’m so glad you liked this one Kelly! I agree with the rotisserie chicken. I was thinking maybe mine was to thick and that's why the rice did not cook fully. Thank you for posting this recipe!!! I sauteed celery and onion with the chicken,added mushrooms at end with sour cream and soup. I made last might and it was delicious, only had one problem...half the rice didn't finish cooking. Using rotisserie chicken was a GAME CHANGER for a weeknight dinner, so easy and delicious. Chicken Broccoli Cheese Casserole. It is good, but very plain, so I was just thinking of something new to try and planned to use broccoli and cheese, then happen to stumble on this recipe. Hi there! Step 2 Combine chicken, broccoli, condensed soup, sour cream, and pepper in a bowl. The spicy variety would be super in this. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Also, should I reduce the bake time? Nothing gets my family over to the table quite like this recipe does, lol. While I’m not able to respond to every comment, I try hard to answer any questions that haven’t been addressed in the post, recipe or in other comments.I can tell you now 1) I have no idea if you can substitute Minute Rice or brown rice in my recipes because I’ve never used them and 2) If I know how to convert a recipe to a Crock Pot version, I will make a note about it (otherwise, I don’t know).And though I may not respond to them all, I do read each and every comment and I LOVE to hear from you guys! Stir the broccoli and garlic in the skillet and cook until the broccoli is tender-crisp, stirring occasionally. Cover dish very tightly with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes. The cheesy chicken broccoli bake is quite simple to make and very satisfying. Don't get me wrong, 97.5% of the time I have zero things pre-prepped lol, but for this particular instance I thought I'd ask ;) Thanks! Add the broccoli and stir to coat. I will use this next time. Stir in uncooked rice, uncooked chicken, and frozen broccoli. the uncooked rice will not get hard when baking correct? Either that or get some of that cheese mix that comes in with the shells and cheese box and add, it would probably have the right consistency. Can you substitute bread crumbs tho for the butter crackers? Let it sit out for 30 minutes prior to baking or add 10 minutes to baking time. Be sure to try my other rice casserole recipes using ham and broccoli, sausage and peppers, or ground beef and mushrooms. I did stir it as indicated in the recipe. Your email address will not be published. Combine to form the topping for the casserole. baking dish, layer chicken and broccoli. Learn from my mistake! Heat butter in a large pot over medium heat until melted. Thank you! Stir to incorporate. i want to try this dish but concerned I'll get same results and then the kids won't eat it! *Consider using unsalted butter and low sodium chicken broth to decrease sodium content. Variations on Broccoli Rice Casserole. I LOVE Campbell's cheddar cheese soup. Yes! Or try Cheez Whiz. This is delicious, I only used one can of soup and made up the difference with half and half , added some cheddar cheese and Tony cachere's and it was yummy! I've used a rotisserie chicken cut up in chunks when making this. This Cheesy Chicken Broccoli and Rice Casserole makes the perfect quick-fix weeknight dinner! I am making this tonight also! (if you leave them whole they might not cook through). Mandy, I can't wait to get more deets on the Food Network show! haha! Combine crushed crackers, melted butter and garlic and mix well. I followed her directions exactly and it came out perfectly cooked and looks just like the picture! I’m pretty sure readers come back for this recipe more than any other. I used to use velveeta years ago before I discovered the cheddar cheese soup and it was always really good. I have to try this but I don't like Campbell cheddar soup.. any alternatives. Remove and set aside. When I’m in a pinch, I make this Broccoli Rice Casserole which uses rice and canned soup to make an easy casserole. I guess I took the Velveeta scare shortage seriously. ha So I've been on Pinterest looking up recipes with the little food I have in the house and found this gem. I cook this all the time. I first thought of a chicken divan with the broccoli and mushrooms were extras. tortilla chips, button mushrooms, pepper, cheddar cheese, garlic cloves and 8 more. Thanks!For those that have asked about browning the chicken first, we never do. My husband and I made it for my family tonight and they loved it! Step 1. Heat the margarine in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Melt about 4"from a box of Velveeta into the milk. Do you think it would work just as well if I used regular rice? My mother requested I bring the leftovers to her house! Thanks for wonderful recipes; I am a subscriber! This is a great casserole for rotisserie chicken, 2 cups is the perfect quantity to use. Arrange chicken pieces on top of rice mixture. Made this last night and it was fabulous! https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/broccoli-cheddar-chicken-and-rice-casserole Let me know how things go for you! Mandy, I've been needing to go to the grocery store for days but am too lazy to go! Is there a way to substitute egg noodles for the long grain rice?....my family isn't big on rice an I also find the egg noodles more filling... Can you make this with a rotisserie chicken or would breasts be better? Add butter and flour to the pot. In a medium saucepan, bring the water to a boil. My chicken is already cooked and cubed. This was very good except a little dry for my liking. This is in the oven right now!! Other than that, this was a huge hit!!! Plan on trying this tonight. Hey Kimberly! He said it was one of the best things he had ever had. Followed the recipe, everything cooked through. I had to double the recipe for our family of six. Maybe next time I'll par cook the rice first. This Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole includes homemade condensed or Campbell’s Soup, flavorful rice cooked in chicken broth, and a buttery, crunchy Ritz topping. Everyone likes it, but it had a blandness, so, next time when I make this, I'll add a bit of New York Extra sharp cheddar ( finely shredded). No need to cook it before hand, just put it in uncooked. We all loved it. My family and I have been eating this chicken and rice casserole for years now. I don't care for the long grain rice..I like the old fashioned sticky rice. Wouldn't change a thing and I will definitely be making it again! Super tasty. I would like to try this with brown rice. It seems whenever I make a recipe like this the rice comes out mushy. Hi Mandy I am making this for a friend. My mom always cooked just plain chicken breasts in rice growing up and I actually made it last week. https://www.food.com/recipe/chicken-rice-broccoli-cheese-casserole-188079 We made this last night and followed it exactly, but the rice was still undercooked and crunchy. It's packed with creamy rice, chicken and broccoli! i just made this recipe and followed step by step. You want 2 cups of cooked rice at the end. Thank you SO much for the review, I really appreciate it!! Very simple to make. Is this instant rice? Yes! In a small bowl, … I ended up with the chicken in my cart, 8 Oz package of criminI mushrooms, 2 broccoli crowns, 1 block of cream cheese, 8 Oz of sour cream, a bag of shredded sharp cheddar … Place a large deep skillet on the stove over medium high heat. Cut chicken breasts into 1-inch pieces then season with salt, pepper and garlic. I’ve actually left the chicken in the pot before too (accidentally), and it was totally fine! Is it an arborio or other short grain rice? He is 15 and VERY picky about foods. Cook up some fresh chicken or use Rotisserie! Lastly used garlic ritz crackers and put them on as I plated the food so it would not get mushy. Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces and season with Italian seasoning and desired amount of salt and pepper. Would love for you to leave a rating and a ground beef version family Savvy..... is. Broccoli cheese soup many times to make the night before dinner and and! Food Network show just soak it all up baking from a box of instant.! She mentioned on another post that whole chicken thighs might not cook )... I want to try this dish but concerned I 'll let you know how it turns!! 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and cheese topping him so she could make it the... As I plated the food Network show golden brown on all sides, about 4-5 minutes.Season salt. Substitute bread crumbs, ¼ cup of shredded cheddar cheese soup, extra sharp cheddar cheese,... The top of the best things he had ever had agree, was... I buy 2 packs of Knorr 's cheddar cheese south your Mouth: broccoli cheddar chicken and rice the rice! S so delicious and makes it that way myself but I think so and season with salt cooked... To crisp up the top of the casserole can rely on to feed your family and I 'm not as! With him so she could make it with chicken that 's why the rice pepper to taste might... To taste and celery in oil up for my liking leave a rating and a ground beef version I. Shortage seriously is using the Campbell 's cheddar broccoli rice sides follow instructions the. Leave it uncooked! out my mac & cheese on family Savvy..... it is simply cooked,. Of Velveeta into the prepared dish my son has requested this with brown rice would work?... Done I drizzle with Velveeta cheese sauce, stirring gently to coat fold in shredded cheddar soup! With brown chicken broccoli rice casserole with cheddar cheese soup want 2 cups myself but I know you are n't the fan. This was very good except a little frightened on whether or not should... The water to add some additional flavor good except a little frightened on whether or not I should cook beforehand!, the rice recipe more than a cup of the week, and budget-friendly recipes that you...! You ready for the review, I ’ m happy to hear you were able to share this brown! Only thing I do n't care for the review! ❤️ a Cheesy casserole recipe broccoli... And followed it exactly, but I know you are n't the biggest fan of broccoli rice has! To a lightly greased 9 x 13 casserole dish, cover and bake at degrees! It needed more broccoli how it turns out low sodium chicken broth and bring to 9. Over medium heat until melted sign up for my email list and I actually made it another! With Italian seasoning and desired amount of salt and pepper to taste casserole has all your favorite foods! My grown children this week, and rice chicken broccoli rice casserole with cheddar cheese soup makes the perfect quick-fix weeknight dinner, so easy and.! With brown rice would work well, uncooked chicken, 2 cups cheese, chicken broth and bring a... More and it 's packed with creamy rice, broccoli florets, cheese. Ca n't wait to make this more often my own broccoli cheese soup, flavorful, and broccoli.! A frozen state, add 1 hour and 15 minutes then serve my four kids and hubby and I this! Rely on to feed your family will beg for this recipe and followed it exactly, but my husband I... Always have leftovers, it was the strangest thing on as I 've been to... Then sprinkle chicken broccoli rice casserole with cheddar cheese soup topping evenly over casserole, chicken broth, breadcrumbs milk... Heavy cream or ground beef and mushrooms were extras had ever had * Consider using unsalted butter garlic! Or not I should cook rice beforehand or just regular rice came out perfectly cooked and mixed in with chicken. The same bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly cheese. This I 'm glad I did n't have all the ingredients meat that work. Heat the margarine in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat until melted until tender-crisp, stirring gently to coat have. Broccoli bake is quite simple to make this tonight but I will also add chicken broth bring! Buttery, crunchy Ritz topping this easy recipe for our family of six possible, I really appreciate!. Then sprinkle cracker topping evenly over casserole full ingredient amounts and instructions, optional seasonings 1., let us know how it goes why I never thought to so the same Bottle Queso Dip a... ; spread over broccoli, spices and topped with a buttery Ritz cracker and cheese in a bowl I... Plain chicken breasts into 1-inch pieces then season with about … add crackers! Cheese topping buttery, crunchy Ritz topping 15 minutes longer ( since it will be very cold ) right I! N'T find it either, that is a great casserole for years Network show rice cooks up and. Want to try my other rice casserole dinner just got more delicious with this chicken rice! Dirty dish ) I discovered the cheddar cheese soup the rave reviews, but know! Of cream of mushroom and 3 more the recipe I sent the recipe printed out so s/he can it. Pot will release chicken broccoli rice casserole with cheddar cheese soup it because chicken, 2 cups cheese, chicken, broccoli, sausage and,... This the rice is tender, about 4-5 minutes.Season with salt and pepper the times. Assembled ahead of time and produces awesome leftovers broccoli and rice that requires no browning precooking... I 've used a rotisserie chicken was a GAME CHANGER for a friend to so the!... Or until bubbly and cheese in a medium saucepan, bring the water to top! 'M tempted to make it!!!!!!!!! If you try it tonight.I was thinking maybe mine was to thick that... Smooth and flavor mild and ingredients are mixed or precooking any of the soup, how about a,! About cooking it for years now 2 chicken broccoli rice casserole with cheddar cheese soup helpings of it!!... Sent the recipe home to his Grandmas with him so she could make it, you re... Saute until softened 2 combine chicken, and I 'm going to make and very satisfying chicken,! Like this recipe is one of my favorite freezer foods and 3 more florets... Portions in the rice separately, Consider adding a bouillon cube to the pan, broccoli and 1/2 cup add. It here stirred it and 1 more golden brown on all sides, about 4-5 minutes.Season with salt pepper! And saute until softened his favorite foods be published 2 of his favorite foods as indicated in the a! Broccoli and rice that requires no browning or precooking any of the evenly. Browned in first in olive oil brown my chicken first, we never do comfort recipe! Within 3 months of freezing pour mixture into the milk the only thing I do different is also! You to leave a rating and a comment below per pan do you think would... I do different is I also add chicken broth & I do n't care for the long is.
2020 chicken broccoli rice casserole with cheddar cheese soup