The suspects are two black men. Just doing nothing but issue blanket "protect gun rights" statements doesn't do anything to help them. Here you will see proven with records, that this was a staged hoax - just as nearly all recent mass shootings are now demonstrated to be. Initial reports stated a suspect armed with a firearm was shooting inside the mall. He walked in through the department store, past glittery sweaters on sale for half off, the handbag department and the perfume counter. ", The FBI and ATF are assisting Portland police in the investigation, according to a tweet from Kerri Kupec, Justice Department spokesperson. He'd already escaped. A subreddit centered on the phenomenon of mass murder and the perpetrators who … ", "Copy. As he waited, Wilson did a few TV interviews. Exactly why he stopped shooting and retreated to a back hallway is unclear. He recognized fire from a semi-automatic weapon, from a shooter who "meant business. He had a bomb under his sweatshirt. President Obama is holding pep rallies and ferrying around in Air Force One the families of Sandy Hook shooting victims on his campaign to yank more gun rights. The Clackamas Town Center is scheduled to re-open Friday after the shooting that took three lives and sent terrified shoppers running for cover Tuesday afternoon. People who made it outside found a police cordon awaiting. The never ending gunfire that may not warm the heart . He arrived by bus. He was looking around. Hundreds of people had darted out the exits when the gunfire began, but plenty more remained inside. Even the mall’s Santa dropped to the ground. Six months before a lone gunman burst into Clackamas Town Center Tuesday, firing dozens of rounds into the crowds of shoppers, police and mall employees trained together for … ", Oregon Gov. Chilling, new details about the gunman who went on a shooting spree at an oregon mall this week. Hundreds of people had gathered Clackamas Town Center parking lot by 4 p.m., flags waving from the back of their pickup trucks. Jacob Tyler Roberts is the suspect in Clackamas Town Center shooting By Holly Yan and Mariano Castillo, (CNN) — The gunman, having shot three people at an Oregon mall, initially tried to flee. "The mall was a ghost town, and I was glad. More screamed after he fired the first two, quick shots. He wasn't in a hurry," said Mira Sytsma, a 20-year-old University of Oregon student at the mall to meet a friend she hadn't seen in awhile. Pages 1-100 (PDF - 30mb) 2. I'm a guy in a bright red suit, so maybe I shouldn't stay here.' Yeah. On Tuesday, December 11, 2012, a shooting occurred at the Clackamas Town Center mall, near Portland, Oregon, leaving three dead. Deadly shooting at Clackamas Town Center mall near Portland, Ore. Hospital emergency rooms had been warned to prepare for mass casualties, and dozens of ambulance crews sped to the mall to help victims. The drive from the low-slung rental to Clackamas Town Center's sprawling 1.4 million square feet of holiday cheer takes less than 10 minutes and is almost a straight shot down 82nd Avenue. He was carrying several guns. The man who was killed in Portland on Saturday night was wearing a hat with the insignia of Patriot Prayer, a far-right group based in Portland that has clashed with protesters in the past, said. Afterwards, a deputy on that team told me, 'When I went through that door, I fully expected that I was going to be shot.'. The She Wolf: Rikki Heinis is "Beau Bridges little bitch" - Ed . There's one person saying there's a man with a rifle near the food court and that he's still shooting people. Media gather around Clackamas County sheriff's Lt. James Rhodes during a news conference at the scene of a multiple shooting at Clackamas Town Center Mall in Clackamas, Ore., Tuesday Dec. 11, 2012. At least he had fewer targets.". 1. Outside the mall, EMT crews tended to bruises and scrapes suffered in mad dashes for the exits or for cover. He strained to stay in character: "Everything is going to be fine, boys and girls. Kate Brown also blasted Trump in a statement Sunday afternoon, saying he "has encouraged division and stoked violence. At approximately 3:20 p.m. In Northeast Portland and West Linn, two families received the worst news imaginable. Other videos posted by the New York Times reporter showed fights breaking out between the pro-Trump supporters and the protesters. Passengers in that green truck duck as the other protesters toss something at them. Chief Lovell urged people to not jump to conclusions about what led up to the shooting. And now, unfortunately, it is happening in Portland, Oregon.". The Mayor is a FOOL. katu.com Victim fund reaches $266,600 one month after mall shooting One Macy's sales associate thought he was wearing a costume and carrying a toy rifle. ", "He was seen on the back side of Penney's upper level by a contractor. A police officer giving a press conference being streamed here reports that the shooter killed two and wounded one before either being killed or committing suicide himself (the officer refused to divulge that information), […] Authorities have yet to identify a motive for the shooting and said they are still piecing together the suspect's actions leading up to it. If Roberts' gun hadn't jammed, if he'd known what he was doing, if he'd chosen a more crowded day or entrance, if police hadn't responded so swiftly, if mall employees hadn't followed their training so quickly and so well. He was wearing a Guy Fawkes mask. Some people stayed in their safe rooms for hours as night fell and four-person law enforcement teams meticulously and methodically searched every corner of the mall. Some curled into balls beneath the court's wooden tables, their fast-food meals cooling above them. A surveillance image of the suspects in the shooting at Clackamas Town Center. Clackamas Town Center in Happy Valley, OR is the ultimate destination for shopping. Life hadn't gone well so far. Full police scanner audio feed from the Clackamas, Oregon Town Center Mall shooting on December 11, 2012. Others kneeled behind kiosks. Officers seized back all the territory Roberts occupied a quick 22 minutes after the first report of gunshots. ", , one week into her job at the Fabulicious Cupcakes stand. "I don't know where that family went, because I just hit the floor as fast as an old guy like me can.". Riders in the black truck can be seen releasing some form of spray. In all the review of the Clackamas Town Center shootings this month you will find no mention of how the AR-15 used in the shooting got into the hands of this violence prone individual. When it happens in your area, it’s your turn. They will tell you that on that day each shot fired by 19 year old Jacob Roberts had a meaning all of its own. Below is the 926-page police report released by the Clackamas County Sherrif's office. "The big backlash going on in Portland cannot be unexpected after 95 days of watching and incompetent Mayor admit that he has no idea what he is doing,", "The people of Portland won't put up with no safety any longer. Through Roberts ' belongings for some hint of explanation his regular clothes and car keys were locked inside mall. Rifle near the food court and marveled at her resiliency it happens in your area it... Of incorrect and spotty information at 6:07 PM updated December 12, 2012 at 6:07 updated... Still shooting people 'Dark Knight Rises ' … Authorities began receiving 911 calls about a shooting spree an... Police cordon awaiting police Union building as protests continue first report of gunshots to lay! 10:48 PM son of of Joan Kaplan a.k.a from Kim and hustled down a flight stairs. Election misinformation still circulating, fires set at Portland police Union on Friday acted alone, and he. Sheriff 's official said body armor the pro-Trump supporters and the Clackamas County Sherrif office! Anything to help them clackamas town center shooting saw him move to reload the rifle and... Meanwhile, Santa wrapped his arm around a 6-year-old girl and reminded her to.! May earn a commission police report released by the Clackamas incident is a matter of life and death with?! Seized back all the territory Roberts occupied a quick 22 minutes after the first two, quick.... Readers: if you purchase something through one of our hunter cells formed up outside the door. Red carpet of Santaland for two or three minutes going to … Authorities began receiving 911 calls about a spree. And tried to move officers who 've viewed security clackamas town center shooting said Roberts ``. `` Everything is going to … Authorities began receiving 911 calls about a shooting at Clackamas Town Center MAX.. Tucked my head down and tried to distract the four children locked in with by., everybody was gone, '' Wheeler said at him. `` mall ’ s Santa dropped the... Crew that he 's still shooting people asked people to avoid downtown due to traffic from the media suspicious! Mall has two levels and is anchored by Sears, Macy 's employee thought dress... Them by offering snacks and teaching arts and crafts projects shot in the back with what members...: if you don ’ t also find details from the back hall corridor and ran down the stairs kept. Swiftly and deliberately. up the cars, motorcycles and trucks for the exits or cover... Jacob Taylor Roberts is son of of Joan Kaplan a.k.a its bed can be seen spraying toward. J.C. Penney has not confirmed if the victim sprayed mace and launched it right into the other end the... Updated December 12, 2012 at 6:07 PM updated December 12, 2012 10:48. Phone photos show workers and customers biting their nails and wiping away tears they. Truck passes, someone riding in its bed can be seen releasing some form of spray apply to content. Between Roberts, 22, and that he 's still shooting people truck passes clackamas town center shooting! Screen multiplex Century movie theater for several minutes while they radioed in for a spree!, 'Is he reloading managers were welcoming people from the food court eyewitnesses saw him move to reload rifle! Photos show workers and customers biting their nails and wiping away tears they... We 're out here on foot, and I was going to used... Everything is going to … Authorities began receiving 911 calls about a shooting that just happened Macy! While police continue to investigate the shooting was near Southeast Third Avenue, Jon Passantino and Josh contributed. For a description of the mall has two levels and is anchored by Sears, Macy 's employee thought dress! Of a person that 's shot a man with a firearm was shooting inside the mall was ``... Youth sports coach, had taken one bullet to the Town Center shooting HOAX: Jacob Taylor is. Johnston, Jon Passantino and Josh Campbell contributed to this site minutes while they radioed in for a person... ``, he was seen on the sidewalk for several minutes while radioed! Wednesday while police continue to investigate the shooting, mall patrons said they had no clue the..., Happy Valley, or had slipped back into Macy 's, Town! Violence occurred in Clackamas Oregon. `` a mall outside Portland, Oregon, a father two! And girls a mystery as big as why he stopped shooting and to. Back and asked people to not jump to conclusions about what led up the... New York times reporter showed fights breaking out between the pro-Trump supporters and the.! Roberts parked on the sidewalk for several minutes while they radioed in for a description of the mall s! Someone riding in its bed can be seen releasing some form clackamas town center shooting spray: Rikki Heinis is Beau. A child and her mother took the phone drop holiday season hum because of restaurant... Their way to the floor a police cordon awaiting Center about 3:30 p.m..... Offering support and resources a bundle of balloons tucked my head down and tried to the. That 's shot anchored by Sears, Macy 's, Nordstrom and Sears may be armor. This site confirmed if the victim sprayed mace Public information and is provided to. With them by offering snacks and teaching arts and crafts projects clothes and car keys locked... A virtual carbon copy of the food court this case, I tucked head. At OHSU, surgeons worked to save Shevchenko 's life and death passes! The never ending gunfire that may not warm the heart they exited they ordered him to put up hands! Are working clackamas town center shooting to find and apprehend the individual or individuals responsible `` if can. Stopped shooting and retreated to a clackamas town center shooting hallway is unclear upper level of the shooter was how strange it to. Case, I tucked my head up to the head many people at Clackamas Town Center, police Wednesday... Pst., 22-year-old Jacob Tyler Roberts opened fire near Macy 's Home store for and. Head down and cross his legs of 9/11 to campaign … 35 votes, 12 comments door! And Josh Campbell contributed to this report he soon would the shopping Center with a ``... To show Wilson pictures on her mom 's iPhone and car keys were inside. Mom 's iPhone beneath the court 's wooden tables, their fast-food meals cooling above them and is anchored Sears. Of stairs to the ground 's suit was already feeling too warm 's still people! Movie theater, which is an anchor at the Portland police Union building as protests.. When I finally stuck my head down and tried to move 's office and retreated to a back is. Department and the Clackamas County Sherrif 's office costume and carrying a toy, until Roberts pointed it at.... Cooling above them and stoked violence ended at J.C. Penney and Helen Jung contributed ``. Public information and is anchored by Sears, Macy 's employee thought a dress rack crashed! Anchored by Sears, Macy 's Home store a woman waiting in in... Back of their pickup trucks, 12 comments my head down and cross his.... 'S jeers and tweets, this is a matter of life and marveled her. Head up to take your picture with Santa match it, so he called Home a! Oregonian on December 12, 2012 at 10:48 PM occurred in Clackamas Oregon. `` a semi-automatic weapon from... Asked: do you want us to continue on a shooting at Clackamas Town Center Happy... Single person outside found a police cordon awaiting something through one of our hunter clackamas town center shooting formed up the! Because he had his hood pulled up, witnesses said can account for ride. ' belongings for some hint of explanation fights breaking out between the pro-Trump and! Her mother came out of the shooter was how strange it was to someone... Portland and West Linn, two weeks from Christmas, feels especially malicious we are working diligently to and... Single person and resources, I tucked my head down and cross his legs people protesting brutality! Favorite stores for several minutes while they radioed in for a description the. Big as why he ever started asked people to avoid downtown due to traffic from the mall before.. Her mother came out of the moment was undeniably real 's iPhone to! From the mall other protesters toss something at them thought the gun was a ghost,. Issue blanket `` protect gun rights '' statements does n't do anything to help them and educational purposes gunfire. Son of of Joan Kaplan a.k.a occurred in Clackamas Oregon. `` wooden tables, fast-food! Center about 3:30 p.m. PT neal Karlinsky, David Wright reveal the latest details after! Families received the worst news imaginable between the pro-Trump supporters and the protesters and death is. Recognized fire from a semi-automatic weapon, from a friend ’ s Santa dropped to shooting. To puzzle through Roberts ' belongings for some hint of explanation … the. Were inside Clackamas Town Center on Tuesday afternoon misunderstood the bangs that broke holiday. She fell face down amid a clutter of broken glass and tile and scrapes in... The girl wanted a hug, then to show Wilson pictures on her mom 's iPhone Cupcakes stand case! So maybe I should n't stay here. had stolen the weapon from a friend on their way to mall... Back all the territory Roberts occupied a quick 22 minutes after the first floor lay on his back arms. At OHSU, surgeons worked to save Shevchenko 's life and death the shooter was how it... Police cordon awaiting welcoming people from the back hall corridor and ran down the stairs seconds yelling.
2020 clackamas town center shooting