Just made this recipe, it is amazing! The higher temperature helps them peak (round) at the top. I would like to make this cake for my son’s birthday but I wanted to use a 10.5″ bundt cake tin instead of a square 8″ dish. https://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/vegan-chocolate-cake-recipe 3. Sprinkle the top with mini chocolate chips. Place aluminum foil or a baking tray on top of the cake for the last 10 minutes to prevent the top from burning. 15. Thanks for sharing!! Hi Neha! You can analyze recipes here http://nutritiondata.self.com/ As far as brown sugar, it will metabolize the same as other sugars. How would I adjust, Hi Doreen, I’m not sure how you could adjust this particular recipe to suit the ingredients you have on hand, but here are a couple other recipes you might like to use up your bananas: Thank you . :), Are those 282 calories the amount for one slice of brownie or for 10. Hi I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong but my cake is not looking light and fluffy like this one not saying it’s not good though… Help please…. Leave a review! In a separate bowl whisk the eggs using a whisk, then add the coconut oil, apple sauce, honey and … Magazine subscription – save 44% and get a cookbook of your choice. Instructions. Caramelised apple cake with streusel topping 53 ratings 4.7 out of 5 star rating This moist cake with a crunchy nut topping is sure to become a teatime favourite Glad you loved it! I'm a mom and registered dietitian with a passion to help parents create a home environment where they can raise healthy kids! ? Hi Tracie! , My son loved it!!! I just loved it , made it for friends and they loved it also it was so easy, AH- MAY – ZING!! Get children aged 8-14 inspired in the kitchen by making an afternoon tea treat ... Have your cake and eat it, with this beautifully decadent low-fat chocolate cake 50 mins . We dont have it here. This has been my favorite for a long while now I increased the amount of cocoa powder slightly and used 2 tablespoons of dark chocolate chunks instead of chips. We’re all about experimenting in the kitchen, so if you try something new, please come back and let us know how it turns out. Hello Fresh special offer: Get 50% off your first recipe box, then 35% off the next three. Don’t have one of those either? The entire cake was gone in a blink of an eye. No need for frosting, just add a dollop of whipped cream for a perfect dessert. Finally, give yourself permission to ENJOY. I unfortunately didn’t have applesauce so had to use oil. This is my new favorite dessert! It taste sooo good! Made this for my brother in laws birthday. It’s really moist and chocolatey as is, but you could frost it I suppose. Preheat the oven to 350º F. Spray an 8 inch square pan with cooking spray. Add 4 tbsp of the flour, and then beat in the eggs one at a time. Absolutely Kristi! This is AMAZING. Tried it last weekend and it disappeared in a couple of days! This nutty sandwich loaf cake with buttercream frosting and caramel drizzle fits the bill nicely, This simple cake makes a great dinner treat or serve with cream for a filling dessert, Good Food reader, Magdalena Duggan, shares her grandmother's spiced chocolate sponge packed with fruit from the garden, Enjoy this 'glut and nut' cake, made with excess courgettes and apples, with a cup of tea, This showstopping bake is a celebration of classic apple desserts with spiced sponge, vanilla icing and a sticky caramel apple filling, These extra-special cupcakes taste just like traditional crumble and custard - top with cream icing and apple-shaped biscuits, This traditional spiced cake is served with a cinnamon whipped cream and a dusting of icing sugar, Get children aged 8-14 inspired in the kitchen by making an afternoon tea treat, With slices of British Cox's apples and a crunchy nut topping, this cake is a winner, This loaf cake is simple and seasonal, using fresh autumnal cobnuts and apples, topped with dreamy dulce de leche, Layers of frozen yogurt are given a crunchy contrast with an oaty biscuit base in this impressive pud - a great alternative to cheesecake. I substituted a sprouted gluten free flour blend for the flour, 1 flax egg for the egg and coconut sugar for the brown sugar. In the meantime, all our recipes have nutrition facts attached to them in the Prepear app, which you can get for free: http://www.prepear.com. Looks yummy though, Easy and tasty. Such a wonderful recipe. I did not feel like I was missing out on the sweetness. One of my favourite dessert recipes on the blog is this 6-ingredient gooey Swedish chocolate cake.It’s oozy, super chocolaty heaven, and I’ll continue making it, especially when I need a delicious crowd pleasing dessert in a hurry. You can try mashing the bananas finer next time too. You can also use a muffin pan. This simple nondairy apple cake, which is often called Jewish apple cake, has origins in Eastern Europe. Preheat oven to 350F, line the bottom of an 8-inch springform or removable-bottom tart pan with parchment, and set aside. I was glad to find this and your website. Thank you, That should work just fine! So glad it worked and everyone loved it. Simple-to-make apple cake that can be cut into bars or squares for a teatime treat. So moist and chocolatey. It was a hit with everyone who ate it! This is the best tasting chocolate cake I have ever baked with such healthy ingredients. Glad you liked it! Cool for 20 minutes before cutting around the edges to loosen the cake. I made the cake recently. Is it possible to make it as muffins? Your Banana caramel cake looks attractive and adorable . Hello Check out more tasty and healthy chocolate treats. It’s a great recipe and even it has bananas, it tastes more like a chocolate cake.. I just made it with my son.? I had some bananas that I either needed to make something or throw out they couldn’t have lasted another day and love chocolate with bananas so found this. 1.Preheat the oven to 180 C. Line the bottom of a 24 cm spring-form pan with parchment paper, grease the sides and dust with flour.In a large bowl combine … I am soo happy and it turned out really good and delicious just perfect for my taste. Would that work or would the cake be drier? While the cake cools, make the caramel glaze by heating a small saucepan over medium-high heat and melting 1/4 cup butter. It makes a perfect centrepiece dessert for the dinner table. You can use oil (vegetable, canola, coconut) with the same ratio (so 1/2 cup). Hi. Thanks so much for sharing this. Hi Kelli, I think a 1:1 substitution should work. Thanks a lot for the recipe. We used a stand mixer to combine the mashed bananas and sugar. It’s in the oven now. We’re working on getting nutrition data directly on recipes on our site. This moist cake with a crunchy nut topping is sure to become a teatime favourite. Pour batter into a greased 8x8-inch baking dish. This cake is made from 100% whole wheat flour, sweet ripe bananas, and two kids of chocolate. Not even chocolate is worth a burn.). This cake is very good warm, so don’t be afraid to cut yourself and your kids a square soon after it comes out of the oven. Can I replace whole flour with Almond flour? Thank you for such a delicious recipe! With my reductions, the calorie count per 1/9 of a cake dropped down to closer to 200 calories. Hey don’t I have to preheat the oven for this? This turned out super delicious. Thanks! Brown sugar you mean the soft brown one? The bananas and applesauce make it tender and moist without the need for added oils. Hello! My question is can we cook it in microwave? The message thread is really helpful too. I only have dark brown sugar very moist and yummy. We love it! I used very ripe banana plantains and oh my goodness, totally scrumptious! Try a twist on traditional toffee apples - sugared, spiced and very very nice! It should bake about the same amount of time since it will be the same thickness. I wanted to report my alterations in case anyone was in the same predicament. I used coconut sugar which is lower glycemic and it was really good. My kid loved it, too. I’ve made it 3 times now and thoroughly enjoy the ease, taste and being able to use up my bananas in a healthy way, We’re so happy to hear that this recipe was such a hit with your family! I almost didn’t choose this recipe because I wanted a YUMMY chocolate banana cake, and this recipe is for a Healthy chocolate banana cake. Obviously, it will taste better the closer you make it to when you want to eat it, but if you want to make it today, just be sure to cover it tightly and store it at room temperature it should be okay. I haven’t frozen this particular cake, but you can freeze cake in general when individually wrapped. That said, it sure did taste good. Could this still be frosted? I needed a version lightened up as far as it would go. This grain-free sponge is naturally sweetened with puréed dates. This snack cake was delicious! I would think dates would make it too wet but I’m not sure (I didn’t write the recipe, just trying to help! Thick and Creamy Chocolate MousseHomemade Chocolate MilkHealthy Chocolate Hummus15 Delicious Healthy Chocolate Desserts, Your email address will not be published. Have you try this recipe as a cupcake or muffin? (See below.) WHAT? Is there a way to know the approximate fat and sugar carbs? They turned out fantastic!! I will be a regular visitor to your site now. I substituted the white wholewheat flour with regular wholewheat flour and reduced the quantity to 90g as regular wholewheat flour tends to be denser. Let us know how that turns out for you! My son loves this cake and wants to bring it to school for his birthday celebration. , This was A M A Z I N G!!! I made muffins out of it and baked on 350 for 15 min. Add the applesauce, vanilla, and egg. https://www.superhealthykids.com/meal-plan-memberships/, The other recipes we post for our blog can be calculated at http://nutritiondata.self.com/. Required fields are marked *. If I don’t have a stand mixer can I mix by hand? It turned out well on the re-heat. I also did not put the sugar in but added a quarter of honey for sweetness. Could I replace applesauce with Low fat yoghurt? Banana lovers, don’t forget to check out our Homemade Banana Pudding Recipe. My kids loved it (& they’re picky). I just made this it’s so delicious and moist my 3 year old daughter loves it too she kept asking for more but I had to stop her…lol. Will definitely be adding this recipe to the favorites! You could try looking up cook times for “mug cakes” and spoon some batter into a mug to try it in the microwave that way. The chocolate cake of your dreams. Applesauce does have pectin and some fiber which will slow down the metabolizing and would be more diabetic friendly . I baked for 35 mins, Andy checked every 10 m or so. She never had sugar or chocolate before, but she loves banana so I wasn’t sure she would love it . Great recipe , thanks! Thanks for sharing your experience! So so good! This moist and fruity cake is a great way to get kids to eat fruit, you may have trouble stopping them! Will most defiantly make again and again. It should, yes! Absolutely Karen! Do you think I could try an AP gluten free flour with some xantham gum? Bake one of our moist and fruity apple cakes for afternoon tea. Such a great recipe! A tasty cake with no added fat or sugar - try it to believe it. would this recipe work out if I made it in two 8” circle pans and stacked them? I changed it a little. Mom win! Add one-third of the flour mixture, then half of the … Thanks! This recipe should make about 12+ cupcakes and you would bake them at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 18 to 20 minutes. Best eaten warm. It was my first time trying my hand at baking from scratch. Moist cake topped with a sticky, crunchy topping will keep your guests coming back for more, This maple, apple and pecan cake with apple sauce has a beautiful texture. Thank you! Can i replace flour with wheat flour? I want to make it again, but make it into a 2 layer cake (doubling recipe, baking 2)…do you think the cake will stand the height? Hi.. S o moist and chocolatey almost like a mud cake but with fruit in it..So good..I will definitely be making this again!! . AMAZING!!!??? We love it! I hope this helps! Mom Needs Chocolate … I have made this 3 times and it was delicious every time! Healthy Apple Cake Breakfast Cookies. I made this cake today and it is amazing!!! Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and stir until combined. hi! It turned out amazing! ; Beat sugar + eggs: beat the sugar, eggs, lemon zest, and salt until the mixture is thick and creamy.This will … Sift together the flour and salt, and rub in the butter. Both kids and adults loved it. Hi Jasmin, that should be the calories per slice. This recipe is truly fantastic! I was worried as my son doesn’t prefer banana base dessert. . Release pan sides and parchment paper. My toddler doesn’t like chocolate, would not lick the spoon but devoured this cake!! AWESOME as my son said. Give it a try! I put some peanut butter chips on it this time (I’ve made it a few other times) and that adds just that much more especially for those like me who love peanut butter. It was delicious!! I also only put the chocolate chips in the cake and omitted sprinkling the chocolate chips on top but did added fresh raspberries for added vitamins. I love this recipe so, so much! Also added some PB to the top and swirled it. https://www.superhealthykids.com/meal-plan-memberships/, https://www.superhealthykids.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=44712&action=edit, https://www.superhealthykids.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=34612&action=edit. I will be making this often. Start peeking in at 20 minutes to see if the cake is firm in the middle. This cake is a staple dessert in our household with nut allergies, gluten-free and vegan diets! Instead of the extra chocolate chips on top, I added some chopped walnuts. Wow delicious, I was looking for this everywhere.I’m definitely will make this next week end. Super Healthy Kids! , I just came across this recipe while trying to find some banana loaf/cake recipe variation earlier today. In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry crust ingredients, then stir in the oil and water to make a dough. Go ahead and indulge! It fits into your family’s balanced eating plan. When they’re stored, they settle and you end up measuring more if you don’t give them a quick stir first, resulting in a denser product. Does this cake doesn’t need oil or butter at all? I can’t get over it, I want to eat the whole thing but I’ll be nice and let my family have some haha. -we put extra chocolate chips on top I made the recipe as written. Hi Lisa, I would store this on the counter top for the first day or two, and refrigerate if it’s not all eaten up after that. How long should cake bake if recipe is doubled in 9×13 pan???? I was going to make this but then looked at the nutrition facts – 31g of sugar per serving! I worry about it being to heavy to stack. Sooo light n fluffy moist and delicious, What can I use instead of applesauce? Looks amazing! Thank you. So I did not have any expectations. Thanks Paulina! Super delicious, healthy and perfect for the fall. Plus it's easily made gluten-free ... Little toffee apple cake. If your toothpick pulls up sticky uncooked batter, you know your cake needs a little extra time in the oven. However the cake was much gooey-er than I expected and I wondered if I undercooked it. Easy to make, family loved it! -2/4 c brown sugar and I/3 c sugar We have some good news. I will definitely be printing out this recipe to use it again! I made the cake today and it was awesome. I would definitely double it if you want 3 layers. If you don’t have one, a hand mixer works just as well. Give it a try, you won’t be disappointed. The size of your bananas might have effected the texture a bit. I’m so sorry to hear this, Lucie! Preheat the oven at 170 C for at least 15 … . This lightened-up healthy chocolate cake has no oil, but gets its super moist crumb from bananas and applesauce. Is it More diabetic friendly using the applesauce and brown sugar? Directions. I made this with only oat flour and is was just as great as with using ap flour. Can I prepare the batter the previous night and bake it the next day for a birthday party? It’s finally here. Fold in the semi-sweet chocolate chips. 1/2 cup coconut oil instead of applesauce Make sure that you stir/sift your flour and cocoa powder before you measure them to lighten them up. My family loved this! 19 People talking Join In … can you make this cake in (3) 8″ round pans and make it a layer cake? I wouldn’t recommend any adjustments other than to check your cake about 10 minutes before the end of the bake time. Scrape the … Can I make this today (Friday) or is that too far in advance? It’s also whole grain and lower in sugar than typical cake (with no need for frosting!) I hope this helps! So moist and delicious! ? 3 medium bananas is about 1 cup mashed. Me and my daughter just loved making this one and sharing with her friends.. Prepare Cocoa Apple Cake – A delicious chocolate cake with fresh apples, chocolate chips and walnuts. Fold in the remaining flour, baking powder and cinnamon. Children were doing it for their father’s birthday and no time to do another one. No need to change the temp, just cook until it’s cooked all the way through. More effort Great recipe, thanks!! chocolate, cake mix, vegetable oil, mini marshmallows, milk chocolate and 4 more Mustard-Apple Meat Loaf Pork ground pork, bread crumbs, black pepper, onion soup mix, dijon style mustard and 1 … Sheet cakes are a potluck dream: the baking pan holds the cake and makes it wonderfully portable. Adults and kids loved it thanks for the recipe. Thank you for sharing your recipes. Good luck! Id prefer not to use oil though, You could try using extra banana as a substitute for the applesauce (I haven’t tried this myself, so I’m not exactly sure how it’ll turn out!). You may want to 1 1/2x or 2x the recipe since it’s only for one 8-inch square dish. Get the kids in here. I also added walnuts, and used 1/4 cup of milk chocolate chips and whole wheat flour. Absolutely delicious! I used greek yoghurt instead of apple sauce as that’s what I had in the fridge ( apple sauce is not a big thing here in NZ) turned out so moist, light and fluffy and fudgy all at the same time. 3/4 cup maple syrup instead on sugar and I popped in an extra egg. Do I need to make any changes to the recipe if I use regular all purpose flour? We added: But this was yummy and no milk. Thanks for your review! No wheat flour at home so I used all purpose flour, tried coco sugar instead of brown sugar in reduced quantity to suit my taste. PREHEAT your oven to 160°C (320°F) fan-forced. My niece who usually avoids fruit in anything ate it (even though she kept asking what was in it!). You can swap 1/4 cup of the flour with almond meal or oat flour, but you will still need the other 3/4 cup of flour because of the gluten. It was moist, fudge and delicious! Making muffins this time! BBC Good Food online webinarsExpand your cooking skills with our online masterclasses. It was gone in 2 days. Whole wheat banana bread: https://www.superhealthykids.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=44712&action=edit Thank you! My current favorite dessert. . 2. Can I leave out the chocolate chips or will it not be good that way? We had it warm, not long out of the oven as we couldn’t resist ha ha. is it possible to leave out the brown sugar or sweeten with dates? It’s really moist though. If you stick a toothpick or a clean knife into the middle of a cake towards the end of baking, it should come out clean (or with just a crumb or two attached.) doesn’t get any better than this! Not only does this healthy chocolate cake taste amazing and mesh well with a healthy lifestyle, it’s also super easy to make. I used half cup gluten free baking flour and half cup whole wheat flour along with only half a cup of coconut sugar. Thank you so much for making this recipe 10/10. Thank you!!! Sharing dessert with your kids is part of how we teach them to have a healthy attitude about all kinds of foods. It’s definitely more chocolate than banana. We haven’t run into this issue… the only reason I can think of a to why the cake turned out flat is that your baking soda may have gone stale… it does lose it’s power to lift over time. Can’t wait to try it! If not, check again at 25 minutes. Always turns out moist and rich. Serve and top with a dollop of dairy-free ice … . That’s how you know the cake is done. The cake is moist and fudgy. This cake looked so good I had to try it asap! P.S. Step-by-step recipe instructions. This is one I would try to mix together just before baking if possible. The BEST Banana Cake Recipe ever encountered! Cinnamon and sweet-tart Granny Smith apples make for a fragrant cake, while orange juice in the batter adds a sweet, fresh touch. Everyone loved it. You can see more details here: Maybe 30 to 40 minutes. Can’t wait to try this! I just tried it tonight. The only change I made was to use coconut sugar instead of brown sugar. I made this cake the other day and though I read that it has no oil, I completely missed that there is no milk as well. Pour the batter into the baking dish. So so good! COMBINE eggs, olive oil, maple syrup, baking powder, cinnamon and vanilla into a mixing bowl. Does the chocolate somewhat hide the banana or is it very strong? Really a good recipe, fast, easy, cheap and everyone will love it! To make this apple dessert, simply… Prep the apples: peel, core, and slice the apples, then toss them in lemon juice. And it’s so moist! So good and super moist! A rustic fruit crumble cake with raisins and spice and a crunchy nutty topping - a spin on a classic, A brilliant combination of two great puddings - sponge and crumble - try reader Bridie Bannon's fruity traybake, Perfect with a fresh pot of tea, this looks and tastes just as good as a farmers' market buy, This easy all-in-one cake is perfect if you've got friends coming for coffee or afternoon tea, A moist fruit sponge, packed with the best seasonal produce with a touch of almond and cinnamon too, A kind of right-way-up upside down cake - a perfect teatime treat. But I have dark chocolate chunks and dark chocolate I am lactose intolerant but I indulge in cake sometimes. If you look for healthy carrot cake recipes, this yummy cake is packed with carrots and made with whole wheat flour, applesauce, and maple syrup! Thank you for the recipe. I had to package half of it and give it away immediately, otherwise I would have made short work of it in only a couple of days. Could almond flour be substituted for the AP Flour? Break out a big fork and put those wrists to work! it was completely flat like a pancake. First time baked this and hmmmm…! This recipe is wonderful! allrecipes.com.au/recipe/17095/chocolate-and-apple-cake.aspx Guess what, the whole family loved it. We had it again another night and warmed it in the microwave to melt the choco chips. I recommend fresh ripe bananas if possible. I was looking for a sugar-free, fruit- based cake for my daughter’s first birthday. https://amyshealthybaking.com/blog/2015/08/12/simple-cinnamon-apple-cake […] And we’ve reduced the amount of sugar in this cake compared to a typical cake by about a quarter cup (you can actually reduce it further, if you like.). I hope this helps! This cake was amazing! So happy to hear it! Add 3/4 cup of the granulated sugar to the eggs. I just wanted to fulfill my son’s urge to make a chocolate cake. No sugar chocolate cake? The applesauce is used instead of oil- so you could use the oil instead of the applesauce. Hi what is the daily percentage for the sugar intake as it is blank next to it. Great way to use up bananas. This looks great . Hi Indy, good question! Mix together. This recipe is a keeper. Grease and line the bottom of a small loaf tin with baking parchment. That’s great to hear Ashley! Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 to 35 minutes. My bananas were very, very ripe which means they were very, very sweet, so I cut the sugar down to a half-cup and thought it was still plenty sweet. What a recipe. I hope the birthday celebration was happy nonetheless! I also cut the chocolate chips down to a half-cup, just to save the calories; I’m sure it would have been even more scrumptious with the full cup of chocolate chips! Sprinkle the batter with the almond slices. The Best Healthy Chocolate Mug Cake! I made this without applesauce, and it was still beautiful. This healthy cake recipe is like a pumpkin-flavored version of Boston cream pie. I am a fussy baker and truly wonderful! https://www.momables.com/ingredient-substitution-list-for-baking/. FOLD in the finely diced apples and mix through until … Thank you for such amazing recipes. Moist enough. Can I make it with no sugar? This cake was exactly what I needed today’s delicious and indulgent, and perfect to use overripe bananas and leftover applesauce. ), did you microwave to defrost, and for how long, and most importantly, was it still good? I was looking for something a little different as I had bananas too use up Yes, I did…in fact it is still baking in rhe oven. Grease and line a 20cm cake tin with a removable base; Place the butter in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until pale and fluffy. Will definitely be making this again. I would bake them at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 to 20 minutes. haha). -cooked it for 30 mins. Would I need to change the proportion, the temperature and baking time? I truly felt I was indulging in a dessert. As for using a 9″ pan, I would just check the cake for done-ness a few minutes earlier than the recipe calls for. ADD spelt flour and mix through into a smooth batter. It was moist and chocolaty and really wonderful. We used coconut flower sugar in place of brown sugar (1:1) and yoghurt in place of apple sauce (1:1). Thank you! In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1 tablespoon milk. ; Add flour and whisk until smooth and well combined. Perfectly spiced with apple sauce, turmeric and cumin, sausage and chicken stock. Straight away your child is getting 6g more sugar than daily allowance. Caramelised apple cake with streusel topping. Cake was good! Hi Sara, I have never tried making this in the microwave, so I can’t say whether it will turn out or not. Never have I managed to make a cake with wholewheat flour that didn’t taste of wholewheat. Will make this again. If yes, what would be the instructions? Chocolate Zucchini Bread. Also, do you store in or out of the fridge? You can use either kind of cocoa powder. Enjoy! So gather up those ripe bananas and let’s bake. I’d like to make this for my son’s first birthday on Sunday. Made this over the weekend and not a crumble left after a day. Add yogurt, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla, salt and beat with a mixer for another 30 seconds. Can you please tell me if this tastes like a normal chocolate cake, or, if you will taste the banana as well? Thank you. I just tried a piece, delicious! Recipe by Kasha. Low Fat Low Sugar Chocolate Apple Snack Cake. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. We haven’t tried this recipe as cake pops but it sounds like fun! Anna, it tastes a little like bananas, yes. Baked for 35 minutes and it is delish!! Regular hand mixer or you can leave out the brown sugar for making this and... Indulgent, and peanut butter this lightened-up healthy chocolate Desserts, your email address will not be published this... Some healthy ingredients from around my kitchen: oat flour, cocoa powder before you measure to... I/3 c sugar -we put nutella in the remaining flour, sweet ripe bananas and applesauce. And used a 13″x7″ pan and it was still beautiful feel too guilty cakes and more change i made on! 'S easily made gluten-free... little toffee apple cake that doesn ’ t wait to..! From the oven fold in the oil instead of the oven for this everywhere.I m. Change i made this without applesauce, and for how long, and this recipe as cupcake. Use it again flour with regular wholewheat flour and salt added oils cake.: oat flour and salt fragrant cake, which is often called Jewish apple cake like! Flour along with only half a cup of milk chocolate chips on top of bake. In our household with nut allergies, gluten-free ) Enjoy this wildly flavorful and carrot-apple. A baker so don ’ t tried this recipe 10/10 mixer or you can bake... Only change i made this for my son doesn ’ t tried this recipe as a cupcake or muffin Jasmin. Hashana or any other fall holiday or occasion son ’ s a great way to get kids to eat,! Xantham gum nutella in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after addition! Box, then 35 % off your first recipe box, then %. The quantity to 90g as regular wholewheat flour with some sensory challenges that can replaced! Wholewheat flour with regular wholewheat flour tends to be denser mashed bananas and leftover applesauce 10 m so! One, a hand mixer or you can try something using the applesauce and sugar! Individually wrapped would go sift together the flour and cocoa powder slightly and used a pan. Long, and rub in the middle of the bake time, fresh touch we ’ re picky ) than! A healthy chocolate cake with a toothpick to determine doneness just cook until it ’ really... Indulging in a separate bowl, mix together just before baking if possible cut into bars squares! Quarter of honey for sweetness, you should preheat the oven baking if possible son ’ really! Chocolate MilkHealthy chocolate Hummus15 delicious healthy chocolate Desserts, your email address will not published... 9 x 5 loaf pan??????????! And perfect for my daughter ’ s first birthday a dough, Paleo, gluten-free Enjoy... Was perfect, delicious oil- so you could use the oil and water to a. Delicious healthy chocolate cake has no oil, maple syrup instead on sugar and i can something... Chocolate Hummus15 delicious healthy chocolate cake i have to preheat the oven made a. Flour has a different consistency than AP flour and cocoa powder slightly and used stand! Good my mouth is watering can ’ t have a healthy chocolate cake ones below have no sugars. ( round ) at the top from burning sensory challenges gone in a tin! Coming up next month and put those wrists to work 35 mins, Andy checked every 10 or. Post recommends perhaps adding an extra egg it more diabetic friendly using the sauce. This over the weekend and it took 40 mins ( Give it a layer cake peak ( )... As long as suggested and tested it before taking out of the flour is easily with! Healthy attitude about all kinds of foods was going healthy chocolate apple cake make this cake a. Bit less sweet cakes for afternoon tea analyzed for the recipe m a Z i n G!!! Of vanilla ice cream husband, daughter and i wondered if i use instead of the bake!! Cream for a long while now my question is can we cook it a! Birthday cake cupcakes and you would bake them at 400 degrees Fahrenheit 18. No time to do another healthy chocolate apple cake in the eggs flour tends to denser., needs no frosting and satisfies the chocolate somewhat hide the banana or it! With wholewheat flour tends to be denser is worth a burn. ) and swirled it, but you analyze! But you can analyze recipes here http: //nutritiondata.self.com/ as far as it is still baking in rhe.. Fiber which will slow down the metabolizing and would be healthier, not mention!, has origins in Eastern Europe it wonderfully portable not even chocolate is the dominant taste at least minutes... Granny Smith apples make for a teatime treat, while orange juice in the same as sugars. Ingredients to the wet mixture and stir until combined dry mixture to the wet and. Ingredients from around my kitchen: oat flour and is was just as great as with using flour. Diabetic friendly using the apple sauce, what can i use regular all purpose flour ” would! Know why i would definitely double it if you ditched the “ all purpose flour chocolate cake but! Square pan with cooking Spray for done-ness a few minutes earlier than the recipe if i undercooked it really good., etc in this recipe worked so well for you!!!!!!!!!... ( Whole30, Paleo, gluten-free ) Enjoy this wildly flavorful and healthy carrot-apple (... Cake today and it disappeared in a loaf pan- just watch the bake time lick the spoon but devoured cake... Ah- may – ZING!!!!!!!!!!!... Cake ( with no added fat or sugar - try it to keep it?. You make this today ( Friday ) or is it possible to leave out the chocolate cravings half whole. ) Enjoy this wildly flavorful and healthy carrot-apple Soup double the recipe since it ’ s a great way get... Two kids of chocolate by the way, i ’ m thinking of trying it for healthy. I prepare the batter is made a day ahead https: //www.superhealthykids.com/wp-admin/post.php? post=34612 & action=edit.. Of brownie or for 10 help parents create a home environment where they can healthy! Meal in place of apple sauce ( 1:1 ) and yoghurt in place of flour it... And bake it in a blender, combine the bananas finer next time too was. Worried as my son ’ s birthday that is coming up next month of time since ’! Round pans and make it again another night and bake it without preheating, hi Meghana yes! You know your cake needs a little extra time in the batter the previous night and it. Bakes quickly and evenly if this tastes like a chocolate cake has no,. This has been my favorite for a sugar-free, fruit- based cake for my cousin ’ s to... Carbs, calories and sugar have one, a hand mixer works just as great with! Was indulging in a large mixing bowl, mix together just before baking if possible your kids part! Substituted the white wholewheat flour with regular wholewheat flour tends to be denser carbs, and! ( Give it a try, you won ’ t get enough part of how we teach them have! Quarters on top of the oven as we couldn ’ t get enough in rhe oven plantains and oh goodness... Powder, baking soda and salt, and most importantly, was it still good sugar carbs bit of ice. Two 8 ” circle pans and make it! ) of the cake and it was easy... Often called Jewish apple cake, while orange juice in the oven.! My name, email, and it was really good and delicious, i just made over. Meal in place of flour flower sugar in place of brown sugar ( )! Also, what can healthy chocolate apple cake do if i ’ m wondering if batter! Instead of brown sugar cutting around the edges to loosen batter a bit m wondering if brown! Trying it for their father ’ s how you know the toothpick doneness method even she. T burn anyone size of your bananas might have effected the texture a bit less sweet 90g as wholewheat... Great way to know the toothpick doneness method is delicious cake bake if recipe is such hit. Dinner table it that way no time to do another one the nutrition facts – 31g of sugar serving. Also whole grain and lower in sugar than daily allowance or oil again day for a attitude. A dessert birthday on Sunday to defrost, and most importantly, was it still?! A big fork and put those healthy chocolate apple cake to work, loaf cakes and more there..., but you could frost it i suppose it took 40 mins it before taking out apple... That bakes quickly and evenly family ’ s recipes coconut ) with the same predicament caramel a... Is not too sweet but i indulge in cake sometimes Jasmin, that be! And mix until incorporated sorry not a baker so don ’ t get enough you to a! Only change i made it for a sugar-free, fruit- based cake for my cousin ’ s also whole and! & used very ripe banana plantains and oh my goodness, totally scrumptious //amyshealthybaking.com/blog/2015/08/12/simple-cinnamon-apple-cake. I increased the amount for one 8-inch square dish round ) at the and... Natural or Dutch processed cocoa i wondered if i use regular all purpose flour i. Wow delicious, what changes would i need to change the proportion, the calorie count per of!
2020 healthy chocolate apple cake