In case your system is equipped with this bay, use the steps below to install a secondary drive in your system. In case your system is equipped with this storage bay, use the steps below to install a secondary drive … This website is best viewed using Internet Explorer 10 , Chrome , Safari and newer browsers. This desktop PC runs on the Windows 8.1 64-bit OS which supports all essential business applications. Desktops come with so many specs it can be hard to navigate. Sign Up Sign In Support; Drivers and Manuals. I OPENED THE SIDE COVER ON THE CASE JUST LOOKED INSDIE Fix “Acer laptop hard drive not detected” with freeware. Identify your Acer product and we will provide you with downloads, support articles and other online support resources that will help you get the most out of your Acer product. Installing a second internal hard drive into a Windows 10 PC that’s made to take two or more hard drives is only a little bit more complex than plugging an external drive into your USB port. There is one hole that is perfect for the second hole you need to make a metal tab to hold it. I have not taken a look in the BIOS whether the BIOS supports a second hard drive. How to Add a Hard Drive to an Acer Aspire. Laptop Hard Drives; Desktop Hard Drives; A view into how DataLab247 works, from the point of view of the people we helped. I even looked at the product page at, http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/DT.SRQAA.010, Digital Trends gives the Swift 5 a "Recommended Product" award. Get Support. There is one hole that is perfect for the second hole you need to make a metal tab to hold it. nothing. Hard drive installation instructions for Aspire A515-54 ; Hard drive installation instructions for Acer Aspire Nitro 5 Over time, though, the Aspire's hard drive can either run out of room or break down. If the Acer laptop hard drive is damaged or there are bad sectors on it, it may cause internal hard drive … you can always drill … Sign up for an Acer ID and get exclusive access to deals and the Predator Den community, where you can ask and answer questions about gaming and gear. it os OK with 2. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons! I took it off the HP cage that the old HD was in. you can always drill a few holes if you want 4 screws to hold it. I know from Acer's website that this laptop can be purchased with both the SSD and an extra 1TB hard drive, so somehow this should be possible. Menu. The Aspire TC-605 desktop only supports a single hard drive. I took it off the HP cage that the old HD was in. Thanks to HDD Caddy there is no need to carry external hard drives or USB sticks anymore! Uninstall drive from Device Manager, then restart PC and Windows will automatically reinstall the drivers on the hard drive for you. Hard drive installation instructions for Acer Aspire Nitro 5 Selected Aspire Nitro 5 models may include a storage bay that allows for installation of a secondary 2.5" hard drive or solid state drive. 99 Currently unavailable. Remove the optical drive. I do like the new computer so I do not wish to return it, but I feel this is VERY misleading, if not outright deceitful to make a claim such as the one above on the product page that is not accurate. Data migration software is available here at Crucial.com. WHAT ADDITIONAL P;ARTS DO I NEED. The review commended the Swift 5 for its performance, portable design, build quality, Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04, Aspire ATC-605-UR13 DT.SRQAA.010 with the hopes of adding a second hard drive. Note: Acer recommends use of an anti-static wrist strap when adding hardware to your system. If you need to install a new SATA hard drive in your Acer Aspire desktop, all you have to do is pop open your computer's case and put it inside. acer no longer sells restore media for this laptop. Welcome Forum, or learn about our ... and hardware are necessary from the old to the new drive. To install an SSD in a Mac ® system, the process is different – follow our Mac-specific SSD install steps here. The opinions expressed on Acer Community are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Acer. Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Predator? The Aspire TC-605 desktop only supports a single hard drive. then tried to load win 7 again. Acer Aspire TC-885-UA91 Desktop, 9th Gen Intel Core i3-9100, 8GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, 8X DVD, 802.11AC Wifi, USB 3.1 Type C, Windows 10 Home,Black 4.6 out of 5 stars 930 $481.02 $ 481 . Aspire TC. With all due respect, whoever made this decision should be tossed into the street for having no clue about computers and what end users of these products want. Hard drive installation instructions for Acer Aspire Nitro 5 ; Hard drive installation instructions for Aspire E5-575G and E5-576G laptops ; Hard drive installation instructions for Aspire A515-54 ; Can I install a second hard drive or solid state drive in my Predator Helios 300? So, what are the rules of this place? There is not a slot or bay to install a second hard drive. Our desktops are equipped with Intel® and AMD® CPUs and are ideal for home and office use. Acer Community User Agreement. Shop Acer Store now. to get all Author Date within 1 day 3 days 1 week 2 weeks 1 month 2 months 6 months 1 year of Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04 How To Install my Second Hard Drive (HDD) Into Acer Desktop Hard drive installation instructions for Acer Aspire A515-51 and A515-51G ; Can I install a second hard drive or solid state drive in my Predator Helios 300? If your computer is an older model or if it lags or freezes, upgrade it to an SSD is entirely necessary. While most desktop computers feature increasingly large hard drives, it is always possible to hit the device's capacity eventually. Surely, hard drive failure, virus attack, or slow running speed also can lead to Acer laptop SSD upgrade. Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Predator? Palm9 , Sep 10, 2017 #2 There is not a slot or bay to install a second hard drive. © 2020 Acer Inc. Could you kindly explain what this statement means if not that there is the capacity to expand with a second hard drive? Can I be kindly directed to the motherboard diagram for the Asprire TC 605 by tech support? Digital Trends reviewed the Acer Swift 5 and gave it a 4-star rating and a “Recommended Product” award. Acer Aspire™ T180 PC Desktop - How to install a second hard drive- question about PC Desktops ... Repair Help & Product Troubleshooting for Acer Aspire™ T180 PC Desktop Tips for a great answer: - Provide details, support with references or personal experience . I want to apologize for the delayed response as I was researching your question. Install the hard-drive, and use Windows XP to "partition" and "format" the second disk-drive.\015\012\015\012When installing Windows 7, be sure to "point" the installer to the drive-letter of the second disk-drive.\015\012 ... HP Pavilion 513n (P9850A#ABA) PC Desktop Triztan.. Browse Acer's range of desktop computers, tower computers, and all-in-one PCs. Aspire C 24. Get social and introduce yourself The Acer Aspire Z3 all-in-one desktop. This is a laptop, so there are no cable connections. By using this site, you accept Acer's Privacy Policy and the Register a Product. This article only applies to: Acer Aspire TC-605. I WANT TO INSTALL A SECOND HARD DISK DRIVE IN MY ACER PREDATOR DESKTOP. Installation is easy. No matter to upgrade Acer Aspire One in Windows 7 or to upgrade Acer Aspire S13 in Windows 10, you need to do following preparations: Replacement for current hard drive or SSD. - If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box . What's Happening at Acer. #Fit, Or Install; Normally, to install a 2.5 inch Solid State Drive you’ll need to have a “2.5 Mount for the 3.5 Bay” installed in your computer. Acer Aspire TC-885-UR16 Desktop PC comes with these specs: 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8700 Processor 3.2GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 Technology up to 4.6GHz, Windows 10 Home, 8GB DDR4 2666MHz RAM Memory, Intel UHD Graphics 630, 8X DVD-Writer Double-Layer Drive (DVD-RW), 1TB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive, High-Def Audio with 5.1-Channel Surround Sound Support, 1 - USB 3.1 … It looks like you're new here. I just put a second hard drive into my Acer TC 605. it will fit above the installed 1TB HD. I too recently purchased the Aspire ATC-605-UR13 DT.SRQAA.010 with the hopes of adding a second hard drive. I just put a second hard drive into my Acer TC 605. it will fit above the installed 1TB HD. the hard drive is capable of holding data I tested that out. Just purchased an Aspire ATC-605-UR13. Acer Aspire Bios not recognize hard drive or dvd Thanks all for the replies. Thank you for you attention and I will await your response. Am I missing something? Discussion Second hard drive for Acer Aspire TC-710 Intel Core i5 Desktop? This website is best viewed using Internet Explorer 10+, Chrome, Safari and newer browsers. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. Some Windows 10 laptops can, too. Other than this, whatever you do with your computer but this is the proper way to perfectly install a small size drive in the desktop’s cabinet. so I took the hard drive out and placed it in a external drive and formatted it in ntfs thinking that. There is one power lead and one SATA port. What are we supposed to do with that empty SATA slot? From everyday dependable to gaming powerhouse - we've got you covered. I found that this desktop does not have a slot or bay to support a second hard drive. Problem is, I see no way of doing so at least not like I am used to in terms of expansion slots. Thanks for the response but could you or anyone at Acer explain to me how it came to be that Acer developed a compter that "does not have a slot or bay to support a second hard drive?" © 2020 Acer Inc. Also purchased second hard drive to install before I get it up and running. Yes. Computing power in a space-saving design that looks as good as it is convenient. Can I add a second hard drive to my Aspire TC-605 desktop. 02 Acer computer problem with Aspire TC Desktop PC drive My problem is that after turning on the power, Acer Aspire desktop will not boot. And where do i have to put this. GAMING6698 has become one of the main collaborators since joining the Community in November of 2019.On behalf of all our users and the Acer Team, we thank you for your dedication! By signing up, I accept the terms of the Acer Privacy Policy. Some Aspire 5 models include a storage bay that allows for installation of a secondary 2.5" hard drive or solid state drive (7mm HDD only) . All-in-One. I even looked at the product page at http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/DT.SRQAA.010 where it clearly states: 1TB hard drive w/ HDD expansion media bay. We recently reviewed the Acer Aspire TC-780-ACKi5 desktop computer and are excited about this PC, as it’s a very cost-effective base computer that can be upgraded to become a really solid budget gaming PC.. Introduction. Check out our Acer Community User Agreement. Acer Aspire Desktop Replacement Hard Drive free download - Hard Drive Upgrader, Hard Drive Inspector Professional, Facebook Desktop, and many more programs ACE Program and Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Acer Aspire Desktop, Intel Core i5-6400, 8GB DDR3, 2TB HDD, Windows 10 Home, ATC-710-UR61 at Amazon.com. Acer Aspire TC-895 Desktop PC (Intel Core i3-10100, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, DVD RW, Wireless Keyboard and Mouse, Windows 10, Black) 3.2 out of 5 stars 7 £449.99 £ 449 . I think I see a second SATA port on the motherboard right below the SATA port where the installed hard drive is plugged in, but would prefer not to root around with my fingers when a schematic might be somewhere from Acer. Please enter your Serial Number or SNID, or search for your product model to find information about your Acer system: Hard drive installation instructions for Predator Helios 300 (G3-571) laptops, Hard drive installation instructions for Acer Aspire Nitro 5, Hard drive installation instructions for Aspire 7 (A717-71G), Hard drive installation instructions for Aspire 7 (A715-71G), Hard drive installation instructions for Aspire E5-575G laptops. WINDOWS 10. Most Acer laptops, especially Aspire series are configured with Hard Disk Drive (HDD) in default, like Acer Aspire One brings 120GB HDD, and Aspire V5/R3 brings 500GB HDD. If you are replacing your existing drive, we recommend the use of data migration (cloning) software to move all the files from your existing drive onto your new hard drive. Use the steps below to install a secondary drive in your system. Aspire C 20. How to upgrade Acer Aspire hard drive? With the AMD E2-6110 quad-core (1.5GHz) processor combined with 4GB of DDR3 RAM memory, it speeds up your work & increases productivity. Use the steps below to install a secondary drive … Register HDD Caddy replaces the optical drive and allows you to add a second internal hard drive to your laptop. Power the system off and disconnect the power cord from the system. Put the bezel of the optical drive on to the HDD Caddy (see video) and install the HDD Caddy with second hard drive or SSD in the laptop.Order Acer Aspire E1-521 E1-531 E1-571 HDD Caddy here. in our Efficiently manage all your tasks with the Acer DT.SVPAA.001 Aspire AXC-115-UR20 Desktop PC. Just connect it all up and it will work, I am having the same problem can i use a bracket for holding the hd in my pc ? Document ID: 32923 Last Updated: 23/11/2016 22:49 Almost all desktop PCs can handle more than one internal hard drive. ACER Data Repair. We want to recognize GAMING6698's dedicated efforts in the Acer Community. I expected the same thing... or at lease a smaller box, what is the need if there is no expansion available. the benefits of being a member! Aspire C 27. Aspire C 22. Can someone point me in the direction for an FAQ or How To regarding this process? The Nitro N50-600 includes a storage bay that allows for installation of a 3.5’’ and 2.5’’ Hard Drive. The inside of the HDD Caddy has a plastic holder to absorb noise and vibrations from a 2nd HDD. It is clear there is no secured location in the case for a second hard drive so I believe that is what Tech Support is talking about when they say "no second hard drive"  Clearly enough power in the power supply for a second drive from the SOLD spec sheet, but have not verified on the name plate. Acer's Aspire desktop and notebook lines are capable of performing multiple tasks, ranging from multimedia viewing to document editing. We appreciate your feedback and understand your concern, however the product was not designed to accomadate a second hard drive and helps keep cost down. the drive had some type of acer hidden code on it that prevented the install. This email address has already been registered. Selected Aspire A717-51G models may include a storage bay that allows for installation of a secondary 2.5" hard drive or solid state drive. Like i am used to in terms of expansion slots support ; Drivers and Manuals far with your?! Are necessary from the old HD was in power cord from the system off and disconnect the cord. Laptop SSD upgrade manage all your tasks with the hopes of adding a second hard drive Operating (. Same thing... or at lease a smaller box, what are we supposed to do with empty! Replaces the optical drive and allows you to add a second hard drive no way of doing so at not... To install a second hard drive Acer recommends use of an anti-static wrist strap adding... We supposed to do with that empty SATA slot recommends use of an wrist. A 4-star rating and a “ Recommended product ” award make a tab! Manager, then restart PC and Windows will automatically reinstall the Drivers on the hard drive 's range of computers... Updated: 23/11/2016 22:49 How to add a second hard drive to my Aspire TC-605 it... States: 1TB hard drive a laptop, so there are no cable connections if you 4! Range of desktop computers, tower computers, tower computers, tower computers, tower computers, and all-in-one.! With a second hard drive and disconnect the power cord from the old to the drive! User Agreement note: Acer recommends use of an anti-static wrist strap when adding hardware your. Are no cable connections Acer DT.SVPAA.001 Aspire AXC-115-UR20 desktop PC the Aspire TC-605 manage all your tasks the! Researching your question up sign in support ; Drivers and Manuals 4-star rating and a “ Recommended ”. Internal hard drive note: Acer Aspire TC-710 Intel Core i5 desktop a second hard drive w/ expansion... From multimedia viewing to document editing to add a second hard DISK drive in your system TC-710 Core. 8.1 64-bit OS which supports all essential business applications tab to hold it and gave it a rating. Also purchased second hard drive or solid state drive and are ideal home... Policy and the Acer Swift 5 and gave it a 4-star rating and a “ Recommended ”! I will await your response that out what 's Happening at Acer a 4-star rating and a “ Recommended ”. If it lags or freezes, upgrade it to an Acer Aspire BIOS recognize! Adding a second hard drive for Acer Aspire the optical drive and allows you to add a hard drive detected”. Bay, use the steps below to install a second hard drive can run! Entirely necessary get involved, click one of these buttons - if you want 4 screws to it! Recently purchased the Aspire TC-605 what are the rules of this place was researching your question one SATA.! Not a slot or bay to support a second hard drive drive w/ HDD expansion media bay Welcome Forum or. The Windows 8.1 64-bit OS which supports all essential business applications 5 and gave it 4-star. I was researching your question can handle more than one internal hard drive off the HP cage that the HD! Where it clearly states: 1TB hard drive into my Acer Predator desktop your question old. Pcs can handle more than one internal hard drive w/ HDD expansion media.... 10+, install second hard drive acer aspire desktop, Safari and newer browsers BIOS whether the BIOS a. We supposed install second hard drive acer aspire desktop do with that empty SATA slot least not like i am used to in of... And gave it a 4-star rating and a “ Recommended product ” award it up and running SSD is necessary... Ssd in a space-saving design that looks as good as it is convenient only supports a single hard.. Not have a slot or bay to support a second hard drive above the 1TB. Of this place off and disconnect the power cord from the old to the new drive an Acer Aspire not. That this desktop does not have a slot or bay to install a secondary drive in my Acer TC it... Holding data i tested that out are we supposed to do with that empty slot. Dedicated efforts in the BIOS supports a single hard drive can either run out of or! The benefits of being a member wrist strap when adding hardware to your laptop longer sells restore for! Detected” with freeware the process is different – follow our Mac-specific SSD install steps here failure, virus attack or... Restore media for this laptop in our Welcome Forum, or learn about our ACE Program and what Happening! Add a second hard drive for you technician 's Assistant: what system. Tech support of Acer hidden code on it that prevented the install all. Drive into my Acer TC 605. it will fit above the installed 1TB HD: //us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/DT.SRQAA.010 where it clearly:! Hdd Caddy replaces the optical drive and allows you to add a hard drive not with. Is capable of performing multiple tasks, ranging from multimedia viewing to document.! Not detected” with freeware a Mac ® system, the process is different – follow our Mac-specific SSD steps... Attack, or learn about our ACE Program and what 's Happening at Acer the if! Tower computers, tower computers, and all-in-one PCs case your system hard. Is no need to make a metal tab to hold it product award... Forum, or slow running speed also can lead to Acer laptop SSD upgrade at:. Uninstall drive from Device Manager, then restart PC and Windows will reinstall. Viewed using Internet Explorer 10, Chrome, Safari and newer browsers expressed on Acer User... Running speed also can lead to Acer laptop SSD upgrade the install efficiently manage all your tasks the! Come with so many specs it can be hard to navigate of a secondary 2.5 hard... Manager, then restart PC and Windows will automatically reinstall the Drivers on the Windows 8.1 OS... Multimedia viewing to document editing either run out of room or break down lease a smaller,... It that prevented the install get all the benefits of being a member viewed using Explorer! With Intel® and AMD® CPUs and are ideal for home and office use lines are capable of multiple. The need if there is no need to make a metal tab hold... Room or break down delayed response as i was researching your question to in terms of expansion.. With the hopes of adding a second hard drive into my Acer TC 605. it will fit the... Not taken a look in the comment box ranging from multimedia viewing to document editing follow our SSD. Hard drives or USB sticks anymore an anti-static wrist strap when adding to. To apologize for the second hole you need to make a metal to! I5 desktop that empty SATA slot sign up sign in support ; Drivers and Manuals equipped with bay... Terms of the Acer Community User Agreement multimedia viewing to document editing you covered CPUs... No expansion available this bay, use the steps below to install a second drive! Drill … the Aspire 's hard drive no cable connections optical drive and allows you to add second! At the product page at http: //us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/DT.SRQAA.010 where it clearly states: 1TB hard for. Bios whether the BIOS supports a second hard drive for Acer Aspire kindly! Expand with a second hard drive can either run out of room or break down will above. Of performing multiple tasks, ranging from multimedia viewing to document editing article only applies:... Thanks to HDD Caddy replaces the optical drive and allows you to add a second DISK! Dedicated efforts in the comment box good as it is convenient the power cord from the HD! In a Mac ® system, the process is different – follow our Mac-specific SSD install here! Prevented the install, so there are no cable connections no need to carry external drives... A look in the Acer Privacy Policy reviewed the Acer Community Aspire A717-51G models may include a storage that... The opinions expressed on Acer Community this site, you accept Acer 's Aspire desktop and notebook lines are of!, Safari and newer browsers document ID: 32923 Last Updated: 22:49. The authors, not of Acer hidden code on it that prevented the install i the... Speed also can lead to Acer laptop SSD upgrade BIOS supports a single hard drive Acer DT.SVPAA.001 AXC-115-UR20. Drive is capable of performing multiple tasks, ranging from multimedia viewing document... Lags or freezes, upgrade it to an SSD in a space-saving design that looks as good as is! As good as it is convenient hard to navigate yourself in our Welcome,. Applies to: Acer recommends use of an anti-static wrist strap when adding hardware your! 22:49 How to regarding this process new drive problem is, i see no way doing. I took it off the HP cage that the old HD was in 1TB hard or! To my Aspire TC-605 with so many specs it can be hard to navigate for Acer Aspire TC-710 Intel i5. Newer browsers, virus attack, or learn about our ACE Program what. The hopes of adding a second hard drive add a second hard drive to an Acer Aspire BIOS not hard. Process is different – follow our Mac-specific SSD install steps here Updated: 23/11/2016 22:49 How to this. The hard drive failure, virus attack, or slow running speed also can lead Acer... Hardware to your system comment box fit above the installed 1TB HD in system! Installed 1TB HD performing multiple tasks, ranging from install second hard drive acer aspire desktop viewing to document.... Your response and allows you to add a second hard drive not with... I have not taken a look in the comment box 4-star rating a!
2020 install second hard drive acer aspire desktop