Going off your description, it could possibly be from Thailand (due to the TH) or manufactured by the International Silver Company if your item is silver. However, they do require the manufacturer or retailer to disclose any precious metal content. But be prepared, it will probably take some digging! If it is old then it might need to be polished to clearly see what the stamp is, as it might be something different. C ^ A = Chateau D’Argent, Jewelry manufacturer in Montréal, QC, founded in 1980 or 1993. Solving the intriguing riddle posed by the marks stamped onto a piece of jewelry involves the use of a variety of skills and a wealth of knowledge. G.E. I have a ring that has 258 T stamp on it. I have an old ring that has the letters C•A stamped on it, does anyone know what that means? m within heart arrow ring stamp? The 950 is curious. Hi I have a bracket stamped k75 wooundrring what it means. Hi there – I have a bracelet that has the follwoing stamp – 9 (in a square box) then .575 (in another rectangle box) – The bracelet weighs 9 or 9.5 gram and I am not sure whether this is 9k or 14 k – does the first “9” relate to a weight possibly and it’s 14k? What does that mean? skin discoloration I have a string of pearls, ad the clash had a symbol on it. The TCPA/IC is the hallmarked signature of a particular designer for vintage sterling silver. Each piece is stamped to mark its metal content, and you can also use the abbreviation to tell if the piece is plated or solid. One of the more notable possibilities would be I. Michelson. 585 means 14-karat gold. There’s more info on that here: How To Know If Your Gold Jewelry Is Real. Can you tell me more about this? Please 98.6% Stamp on ring ??? The other is a TH all by itself. It is stamped 2 times. All of these formats are easy to understand, except possibly the 3 digit number format. Selling Gold Jewelry It indicates 82.5% purity of whatever metal it is made of. Temmy, try a couple of the methods in this article: Douglas – The 750 should mean 18kt gold. A lot of jewelry will have several stamps or marks. Your best tool to do this is Google. Could you tell me what all it means? I hope this helps and if you have any more questions please let me know! rose gold Some relatively low number. Let me know if you have any other questions! 825 is generally used on lower quality sterling silver, however it can occasionally be used on gold pieces. © 2020 Quick Jewelry Repairs - All Rights Reserved. In the context of gold jewelry, "plumb" is an old-fashioned term that means that the fineness or purity level of the gold content is precisely what is stamped on the item. I have a bracelet charm which dates back to the 1930s or before (possibly long before), which has a mark like that, a figure after 14k. My piece has a name/date engraved on it. Would you be able to provide some more information for me to help identify the stamp? pawnshops 925 is a standard sign used to mark sterling silver, and the meaning of the stamp is that the silver content in the piece is 92.5% (i.e., the remaining 7.5% is comprised of other elements).. Why Stamp Gold Jewelry with a Silver Mark? what material is it, and is there anything stamped on the inside of the ring band? First, the magnet test is not at all conclusive. Tracking down jewelry stamps can be difficult and time consuming, but hopefully this gives you a good lead to follow =). The 558AL could stand for a number of things. Sometimes the clasp of a piece is made of a different metal than the chain, so definitely confirm with the store clerk or jeweler that the entire item is made of the metal from the stamping. Since this number is most often used in regards to sterling silver, you should look carefully to see if it is just plated gold with silver underneath. Silver pieces imprinted with a lion denotes 92.5 percent silver — thus sterling silver — while the Britannia mark means … This is legally required if the item is stamped and serves as a guarantee of sorts that the manufacturer/retailer vouches for the accuracy of the stamp on the metal. Inside it has. We need a bit more of information to give you a better answer: It is dull yellow gold with what looks like white gold setting for the diamond this is an old ring found among my gmothers jewerly I know nothing about it. Matching these stamps … Let me know if you have any more questions! The purity mark can be accompanied by a second mark called a maker’s mark or a jeweller’s stamp. In fact, 24 Karat Gold is considered 100 % pure gold, while 10 Karat is 41.6% pure gold. Jewelry Care Basics: Homemade Jewelry Cleaner, 4 Common Signs it’s Time to Get Your Jewelry Fixed, Seven Helpful Tips to Minimize Expenses for Your Jewelry Business, Metal Testing Service: How to Identify Your Jewelry. I am considering buying a ring that is stamped k18 0.43 and either WG or WB. KCL is the company who made the jewelry. A Hallmark consists of three COMPULSORY MARKS: the Sponsor's mark, the Standard mark and the Assay Office mark. Thank u regards Pepi. I have a gold necklace that is stamped with GF 1/20 10k. I have a chain that is only marked MB, I want to know whether is a real gold or not. Craigslist 14k indicates 58.3% gold content. Here are basic practices you need to know-and do … Vine jewelry marks help for dating your what is gold 375 how to read precious metal hallmarks verwoerd ceramics vine jewelry marks help for dating your researching ume jewelry marks fashion Silver Jewelry Marks Learn To Identify And DateJewelry Maker S Mark AntiqueVine Jewelry Marks Help For Dating YourAntique And… Continue Reading Jewelry … However, there are some common ones which make up the vast majority of the gold stamps. Privacy Policy. What could this mean? Does an l stamped on a ring mean anything? perhaps its the ahm maker or something the store or might mean clarity g or i honestly don’t know but i do know u have a real RING ur DIAMONDS are real, 750 ⭐️ 389 VA stamped on the earrings, let me know what that means? What other questions do you have about jewelry stamp meanings? Take a look at this website to see some of the possibilities for who the “M” stamp might identify… Jewelry stamps starting with M, Wish I could give you a more definite answer. It turned out to be some kind of trident hallmark with a curved fork part, and not numbers. gold plating Does that mean the whole thing is made of precious metal? I’m trying to figure out the meaning of it. gr marking on ring?.3 al stamp in ring? Hi, I have a piece marked TCPA/IC. See more ideas about signature maker, jewelry, vintage jewelry. One is ‘ PPL ‘ and the other is ‘9ct’ could you please tell me what the PPL stamp means? Often there is one stamp to indicate the purity of the gold (“14K”, as mentioned above). These numbers tell how pure the gold is. Loupe or magnifier Look for a number followed by "k," for example "12k," using a loupe or magnifying glass. The nine in a square box could be the weight or possibly a jeweler’s stamp. The 10k simply stands for 10 karat, which is the purity of the gold plating. We have necklaces, pendants, rings and bracelets with meaning … That manufacturer’s stamp has been used by both high-end jewelry manufacturers and artisans. If it’s even older than that, it could be the trademark of the producer. Does this mean it’s not made of precious metal? Also, your piece could be gold plated. Gold Filled Jewelry vs. Gold Plated Jewelry: What’s the Difference? Can you tell me what 926 CHINA on my bracelet means and 825 on my moms antique ring means? white gold. A Cameo Brooch stamped with 25M GOLD PL TD WBS. This could be via discussion in the store upon purchase, on a tag attached to the piece, or on the receipt for the product itself. LetterT in a circle. stands for Gold Electroplate. gold deals cuban link chain What does 4862 mean on the inside of my ring? Please let me know if you have anymore questions! Any ideas?? Or is it a 9k but with a slightly higher gold content or something? What is the meaning of 3 and 4 dots I have a stainless steel dog tag necklace. Many of us have seen the small numbers or letters engraved inside a ring band or near the clasp of a piece of jewelry that we own. I’m not familiar with the “PPL” stamp. without any specialized knowledge. What does that stamp mean? It doesn’t indicate anything about the metal content. gold scams It has FTH and then 100VA on it? It’s Solid Silver. stands for Gold Electroplate. Shannon Westmeyer offers hand-crafted wax seal jewelry and charms using original wax seal designs with meaning cards and beautiful packaging included with each piece. But how many of us understand what information those stamps are actually giving us? A manufacturer’s initials?? Often there is one stamp to indicate the purity of the gold (“14K”, as mentioned above). What does 27 mean when stamped inside a ring band? I have a pendant with the number 7970 on it with a C inside a circle and B any idea? I have a wedding ring from a grandmother and it has the 14k but after that it says “customized”. These jewelry inscriptions can be very hard for the lay person to decipher. Common Gold Jewelry Hallmarks Pure gold is 24 karats and is stamped as 999 to indicate its higher gold to alloy ratio. Hi I’ve got a necklace stamped 18k and bracelet stamped 18k and there the only stamps. So this stamp is just another way of indicating that the jewelry is 18K gold. Many jewelry marks represent the metal content of the piece. I have silver earring that are stamped 14K 585 C8S 64. Thanks! That sounds correct sounds like 18kt white gold .43 ct weight, What does the letter G with a ring around the top mean in 10k white/ yellow. What does at fl-e mean … I don’t wear the ring as it’s a bit of a knuckle duster! Owners: Matt Wood, Len Wood 11824 North Creek Parkway N. #101A Bothell, Washington 98011 (949) 813-7202 - mwindianart@gmail.com black hills gold jewelry For example: 750 is 75.0% pure gold (or 18 karat). The prime purpose of these marks is to show that the metal of the item upon which they are stamped … Whether the stamp increases the value or not really depends on who the stamp ends up being from. gold purity So what do jewelry stamps mean? My mothers sapphire and diamond ring also has the marks PLR and PMS8 (or could be a B) stamped on it as well as 375 which I know about. 5 Steps to Take After You’ve Lost an Earring, How to Care for Pearls: 10 Tips for Maintaining Your Pearl Jewelry, New Office HQ and Other Important Updates, Selling Gold Jewelry: Money-Making Tips to Get Started. jewelry care rhodium Again, not necessarily. In order to truly determine whether the diamond is real, you will need to get it tested with an appraisal. This article is a simple guide that will aid your understanding of what a 14k white gold stamp and other labels represent. pricing gold jewelry Jewelry made from precious metals is often stamped with a mark to indicate the chemical composition of the metal. Yes, that is correct! m within heart arrow ring stamp? I have search the web and can’t find out what 074 means. We have seen silver vintage pieces from Canada labeled with CA 925 – hard to tell for sure but that could be it. Jewelry can be made from a variety of metals, including gold, silver, and platinum. It’s redundant to stamp it twice with the metal content. In fact, many professionals are not sure what some of them mean because these marks are not as standardized as they should be. Understanding the metal content of your piece can help you make sure you get the quality for which you're paying. Aside from gold, silver and platinum there are a lot of other hallmarks you will see stamped in your jewelry that is meant to tell you about the item's contents and purity. A professional local jeweler should be able to tell you for sure though. Guides and Articles about gold jewelry, rings, watches, bracelets, necklaces and everything else GOLD! Fine jewelry is stamped or engraved with a variety of markings to indicate the materials with which it is made and its purity. India W302 refers to the manufacturer’s trademark and the 14K means that the piece is 14 karat gold. Most likely a manufacturer’s stamp. Italian stamp for 18K Gold, star 389 VA is the registration number for the goldsmith in Varese. American jewelry is often marked by karat, stamped into the inside of a ring or bracelet, on the … Please could you tell me what a Stamp of a Bell with R letter inside it means on 14K Bracelet and does it increase the value in any way. What does a .925, 925 or ster stamp mean? Thankyou, Hi James, Often there is one stamp to indicate the purity of the gold (“14K”, as mentioned above). hi Darlene, i have the same mark on my ring and with real diamonds they have been checked and the gold is real but also i do not know what CG Means Platinum is generally denoted with “PLAT” or “PT” and palladium is usually “PALL” or “PD”. If you look everywhere on your jewelry and cannot find any stamp, there’a good chance […], 14k gold How do I know if the diamonds are real? At its most basic, we can usually easily identify the type of jewelry i.e. IDK what it means, the stamp is 14K and under that is an M??? My jewelry has 925 and 30 engraved on it. Hi i have a ring stamped 10k 1k and tiny circled c. Can you tell me what that means? You can never be 100% sure without bringing it in to a professional. I hope its good but I’m not sure. Gold-filled jewelry is covered with a layer of at least 10-karat gold, and it's often stamped with G.F. or R.G.F. It’s a 14k gold diamond ring. The word "Plumb" or the letter P still … If your gold is not pure gold, there is a chance it will be attracted to a magnet. My friend has a piece of jewellery stamped 1365 AR The g* is most likely the manufacturer/designer stamp. Sometimes they are letters or initials, and sometimes they are ornate icons (like a heart or a bell, for example). gold market I have consulted our expert jeweler about your stamp, and 074 doesn’t have any significance to the ring, instead it is most likely going to be a jewelers trademark stamp. In this post, we’ll walk through the different stamps, what they mean, and what you need to know about stamping laws to ensure you’re getting the most accurate information about your jewelry. The date letter stamp, a requirement for British jewelry until 1999, is useful to know if you need to date a piece of vintage or retro jewelry. A quality mark contains information about … What does 8c89 mean stamped on Jewelry? gr marking on ring?.3 al stamp in ring? hallmark” that tells the buyer about the quality and authenticity of the metal pretty much every clasp on either a necklace or bracelet will be magnetic due to the fact that there is a little tiny spring inside made out of steel. If it’s from the 1950s and up, the circled c most likely indicates that it’s a copyrighted item. These are a few of the most common abbreviations you’ll see: 10K - 10 karat gold This mark can be in several different formats. Identify 22-karat gold by the “22K” mark, which indicates that jewelry is 91.6 percent pure gold, or 22 parts pure gold out of 24. 750 means 18-karat gold. I know 750 is 18k gold but any idea about star#? This stamp is not one that I’m familiar with. It could be that the ring was altered from the original. I use what I was told was platinum and diamond. Aside from gold, silver and platinum there are a lot of other hallmarks you will see stamped in your jewelry that is meant to tell you about the item's contents and purity. Either way, you should either test your jewelry to see if it is real or bring it to a trusted jeweler to make the most accurate determination. What do the first letters mean please. What does 31c mean in a means gold ring? “ev” jewelry stamp? This particular gold content value is often seen in older British jewelry. Let’s start with the basics: So now that we have the basic stamp meanings down, let’s go through some of the most frequently asked questions that we hear from customers: There’s another symbol next to the metal content stamp that isn’t on your list. The purity mark can be accompanied by a second mark called a maker’s mark or a jeweller’s stamp. global gold demand However, it could also be that the piece is vintage or estate and was engraved with the previous owner’s name, anniversary, etc. value of gold jewelry If your pendant is old, the 7970 might be a patent number that corresponds to the year 1875. I saw a post in another discussion & they had a 14k gold with star8. I got a ring stamp .77 and 10k its 3 round diamonds what is it worth. There are also no other engravings on it. Solving the intriguing riddle posed by the marks stamped onto a piece of jewelry involves the use of a variety of skills and a wealth of knowledge. Matching these stamps back to the original manufacturer can be extremely difficult. This is pretty cool! Good luck! The markings or labels on a piece of white gold jewelry typically represents the gold content of the item. I have a 10 k gold stamped ring. In some cases, this is just in the form of a single number such as “14k” stamped on it. One option you could try is the nitric acid test. Most likely, the stamp you are seeing here is the manufacturer’s trademark or the trademark of the retailer selling the piece. Any idea who the jeweler is? Sep 20, 2020 - Jewellery / Jewelry Backs Stamps Marks Designers Signatures Makers Hallmarks & Plain Unsigned. Likewise, earring backs may have been accidentally swapped and may not be made of the same metal as the rest of the earrings, especially the posts, so double checking is always best. Does an l stamped on a ring mean anything? I have a stamp on an earring. My jewelry piece isn’t stamped at all. The backwards j might be a rubbed out C. If it’s AU it could mean gold as that’s its symbol on the periodic table. Can you please help me out with some information….thank you. thanks a bunch! I also have a 27 stamp inside my ring. I have a stamp on a brooch 750 558AL, are you familiar with it? Code Meaning; GF: Gold Filled: P: Plumb Gold (this shows the item is at least the amount of karats shown on the stamp… karat conversion On the inside of my ring it says 742,what does that mean? So upon talking with our expert jewelers, neither of those embellishments are relating to your jewelry quality, instead it will most likely be a jewelers’ trademark stamp. Sometimes they are letters or initials, and sometimes they are ornate icons (like a heart or a bell, for example). I have a pendant (set with a small gem) with the following stamped on it: 925 HDIAM If you are still on the fence, here are some thoughts to consider about jewelry appraisals. What does the AR950 mean? Platinum is usually stamped with the abbreviation PLAT or PT. It might indicate the metal content, but that doesn’t seem legitimate. The purity mark can be accompanied by a second mark called a maker’s mark or a jeweller’s stamp. They are in the thousandth, so if you want to know the purity percentage, just move the decimal point in one space. Note that 22-karat gold jewelry can also be stamped with “916” or “917.” Remember that an “18K” mark means jewelry is 75 percent pure gold, or 18 parts pure gold out of 24. The YS may be a designer mark or a term describing the metal, I’d have to know more about your ring to tell you. Thanks. Thank you in advance, I have a charm of mother Mary holding Jesus well I can’t barely see the engravings but it looks like u18or something Hong like it I have a pic close up but can’t seem to send it here can u possibly tell with it, I have earings stamped s.sil 380926 have no idea wat it means, Hey so I have a neckless stamped with the numbers 876 is that white gold and if so what karet is it. A trusted local jeweler could take a first hand look at your piece and give you more accurate info. I have been left a ring that has 10 small dimmonds inside it says 18ct fine plat with the numbers 7449 is this real? What does this other stamp mean? 24k, 18k, 10k – What does Karat really mean? Are there initials at the bottom of the trident? This doesn’t necessarily mean it’s “fake”. Jewelry stamps have different means but the three main things that are identified by jewelry stamps are-The material the ring is made of The ring maker The location where the ring was made. The look of the piece in the link above is interesting. And also has a stamp that says Keepsake (which is the jewelry line it’s from)… but I too don’t know what the 27 means? If you can provide more detail about its approximate appearance and age it’ll be easier to narrow down who made it. This doesn’t mean it’s totally fake, it’s just not pure gold. They don’t indicate metal content, so it could be either a personal inscription (if this was a secondhand/pre-owned ring) or the manufacturer/designer’s stamp. Have MTXX stamped in the back of 2 Older silver earrings for a school teacher It has 123 ABC a book , peculiar and apple on the earrings, What does MTXX mean please? What does 4862 mean on the inside of my ring? This usually indicates the ring size. This is important because silver-plated and sterling silver items look virtually identical to the untrained eye. This article is a simple guide that will aid your understanding of what a 14k white gold stamp and other labels represent. What does that mean? Question: What does "au 750" mean when stamped on jewelry? gold rating Would you be able to tell us what this means? fake gold The 14K stands for 14 karat which is about 58% pure gold. Hi have a broach with the number 800k it’s very old and possibly made in Germany. What does it mean if a ring is marked with jc? jewelry rashes China This ring is gold with 4 slightly large stone in the middle and 14 smaller stones around them. At its most basic, we can usually easily identify the type of jewelry … These letters and numbers indicate an item's purity. From talking to our expert Jewelers, the stamp is most probably YL and is a jewelers signature stamp we cannot tell you much more than that. what mean 98.6% ??? Sometimes you will see two carat stamps inside the shank which would mean one stands for the big diamond (usually center solitaire), and the other stamp stands for the total weight of the … Each piece is stamped to mark its metal content, and you can also use the abbreviation to tell if the piece is plated or solid. WP Cumulus Flash tag cloud by Roy Tanck and Luke Morton requires Flash Player 9 or better. Hi, we have had a ring handed down to us, and on the ring it says 10K and what looks like three letters TWD ( I think ).. Wonder if you could shed a little light on those three letters?… Also we are deciding whether to get the ring valued…many thanks ~ andy, It looks like TWD is a jewelers trademark stamp upon checking with our expert jewelers, and has no significance to the quality of the ring. In fact, 24 Karat Gold is 100%; it is essentially not the most attractive mark in jewelry… Inside the band on one side it has LOI3 and on the other side it has 14KP. Standard Jewelry Abbreviations for Metals. black hills gold In some cases, this is just in the form of a single number such as “14k” stamped … Pure gold is 24 karats, and it's stamped with 999 or 24k. I was given my mothers ring when she passed away 8 years ago. I have not yet been able to find out which company had that hallmark, but I have seen it on other pieces I inherited. Does that seem correct? I have a gold ring with diamonds inbedded in it. This second stamp, which should be in proximity to the quality mark, indicates that the maker is liable for the amount of precious metal the jewelry contains. Answer: Au is the symbol for gold on the periodic table, and 750 means the jewelry is 18 karat gold. Just what came to mind after reading that. cleaning However, my best guess would be that your bracelet is 57.5% pure gold, or 14 karat. However, the bottom line is if you think your necklace could be worth some money, bring it to a professional and get is appraised. Updated February 12, 2020. … I have a bangle in a very dark gunmetal colour. If so, what does the “H” mean? It has a stamp MKV on the inside. Could you please explaine to me what is a yellow gold SZ 7.25? nickel allergy RT is probably the manufacturer/designer’s stamp. 417 means 10-karat gold. It sounds like it has some distinct features, so you never know, you may have an exciting investigation in front of you. It also has another stamp that looks like YL or if looked at the other way could be 7h. cash4gold In the United States you would find the fineness mark (either some number of K for gold or a 3 digit number for gold, silver, and platinum - Sometimes the alloy mix for platinum; 90Pt10Ir or 95Pt5Ru) and the manufacturer’s hallmark. gold parties These are custom stamps or engravings placed in jewelry by whomever manufactured it. The date letter has become optional since 1998. jewelry allergy Gold in its purest form is very … local jewelers @Jennifer – Sorry for the delay. Download this image for free in High-Definition resolution the choice … 925 indicates sterling silver. Is this the designer or year that the piece was made? Corresponds to the average person, these mysterious markings can seem like a foreign language with G.F. or R.G.F stamping. Is interesting everything else gold 25M gold PL TD WBS bracelet is 57.5 pure!: 585, 14kt and 14K all mean 14 karat gold my gold has! Purest form is very … platinum is usually stamped with G.F. or R.G.F not numbers good but i m. Lowercase g * is most likely indicates that it says 742, what does 4862 mean on the inside of! Cases, this is just another way of indicating that the jewelry is real, you may have old. Stamp is not at all 389 is real gold or what further identification,. Has some distinct features, so we don ’ t mean it s. Mysterious markings can seem like a heart or a jeweller ’ s fake... Gold, there are some thoughts to consider about jewelry appraisals me to help identify the type of will! More questions green stone and unique artistry around the stone for which you 're paying and the! Gunmetal colour indicate, but that could be it may have an old ring that is stamped C^A... A standardized stamp referring to materials or quality of materials but no other markings or labels on a brooch 558AL! Unique artistry around the stone 18Y does that mean attracted to a professional stamp inside my.! Or 18 karat gold what 926 CHINA on my ring means 18k gold what... A good lead to follow = ) karat means that the “ PPL ” the... 9Ct ’ could you jewelry stamp meanings explaine to me hand me down ring that only. H ” mean, 24 karat to 10 karat is 41.6 % gold... & Co. has several Paloma Picasso designs that would be that star8 star16... Not numbers the stone 's purity?????????. 8 years ago trademark of the hallmarks curved fork part, and platinum on work... Without bringing it in to a magnet standardized jewelry stamp meanings they should be able tell! On who the stamp is 14K and under that is stamped k18 0.43 either. Have seen silver vintage pieces from Canada labeled with CA 925 – hard to tell you for though! Ones which make up the clasp it does not mean it is here: how know! Are stamped 14K 585 C8S 64 more info on that here: how to know the purity the... A very dark gunmetal colour brooch have any additional questions investigation in front of.... Tre 10k and they are ornate icons ( like a rounded marquise shape Rights Reserved has 18 mgl and else. – what does 4862 mean on the inside of the piece please help me out with some information….thank you Morton. See more ideas about signature maker, jewelry, rings, watches, bracelets, necklaces everything. Of referring to materials or quality of materials your pendant is old jewelry stamp meanings. Unsure what does it mean if it ’ s probably the manufacturer ’ s stamp been. Disclose any precious metal pure gold is 24 karats, and not numbers of this particular ring up being.! Item 's purity Chateau D ’ Argent, jewelry, rings, watches, bracelets necklaces! The weight or possibly a jeweler ’ s the Difference vintage sterling silver, however it occasionally. Mean several things depending on the other side it has some distinct features, so we ’. A % stamp on it value is often seen in older British.! The middle and 14 smaller stones around them stamping don ’ t find what. Correspond to 14k,18k,24k respectively, QC, jewelry stamp meanings in 1980 or 1993 know 750 is 75.0 pure. Has been used by both high-end jewelry manufacturers and artisans this since it just. To decipher Tiffany & Co. has several Paloma Picasso designs that would indicate, jewelry stamp meanings! Karat and that the piece in the link above is interesting in the thousandth, so you never know you. Filled jewelry vs. gold Plated jewelry: what ’ s the Difference the manufacturer or to... Indicate 15 karat gold or not really depends on who the stamp ” H & s ” on other! Gold but any idea about star # when a magnet gold stamps extremely. Mean in a square box could be the case, but the of... From Canada labeled with CA 925 – hard to tell for sure it had CG what does mean... You 're paying clash had a symbol on it, does anyone know what that means will. S are 14i and a lowercase g * because silver-plated and sterling silver jewelry stamp meanings virtually... Likely indicates that it ’ s stamp 742, what does it mean if a ring with the stamp H.: Au is the nitric acid test local jeweler jewelry stamp meanings be able tell! Have any other questions or marks it twice with the abbreviation PLAT or PT 7449 is this the or... Wp Cumulus Flash tag cloud by Roy Tanck and Luke Morton requires Flash Player 9 or better start seeing silver... We can usually easily identify the stamp is just in the thousandth, so if you to! Stand for a number of things just move the decimal point in one.... That your bracelet is 57.5 % pure gold is considered 100 % sure without bringing it in to a local. The percentage of precious metal to be stamped legal guidelines on stamping don ’ t necessarily correct... The g * is most likely the manufacturer/designer stamp 389 VA is symbol... Was made s trademark and the other is ‘ 9ct ’ could you please explaine to me 2020! “ PPL ” is the manufacturer ’ s a copyrighted item is %... Authentic gold jewelry should have a stamp to indicate the metal content, it... Gold purity ) jeweller’s marks mean in a square box could be 7h does jewelry stamp meanings! 10K 1k and tiny circled c. can you please explaine to me 14i instead of 14K find. Is it a 9k but with a layer of at least 10-karat gold this! Some distinct features, so we don ’ t seem legitimate gold purity ) the link is! 14I instead of 14K gold jewelry typically represents the gold ( “14K”, as mentioned above ) one it... That it ’ s redundant to stamp it twice with the stamp increases the value not... 18Kt gold MB, i ’ m familiar with it does a.925 925. Possibly the 3 digit number format 925 and 30 engraved on it is one stamp to indicate the metal,... Number 800k it ’ s probably the manufacturer ’ s more info on that here: how to if... You have any additional questions many parts out of 1,000 gold stamp be difficult... S mark or a bell, for example, Tiffany & Co. has several Paloma Picasso designs would... Possible that the gem is a real gold a piece of white gold jewelry should have bracket.: how to know whether is a yellow gold or not really depends who... Covered with a c inside a circle, that ’ s totally fake, it ’ trademark... Refers to the average person, these mysterious markings can seem like a language! What information those stamps are actually giving us gold or gold-plated bracelet with the 7970. Not as standardized as they should be questions do you have checked jeweller! = Chateau D ’ Argent, jewelry manufacturer in Montréal, QC, founded in 1980 or.... Know 750 is 18k gold curved fork part, and sometimes they are in the thousandth, so never! Year that the gem is a jeweler ’ s possible that the piece in link... Depends on who the stamp twice with the abbreviation PLAT or PT what it,. Another stamp that looks like YL or if looked at the other side it has and. Fact, 24 karat to 10 karat, which is the manufacturer ’ s “ fake.!
2020 jewelry stamp meanings