The easiest way to get cats active is through playtime. Any changes in behavior could mean something is off. You’d want your day to be predictable, right? Some dogs tend to be very playful as puppies, but that doesn’t mean that they will stay as playful when they become adults and especially seniors. I'll do all I can to help. His energy is good, very playful, he is still loving, friendly and alert. Many clients have said to me, “My cat isn’t interested in playing” when I ask what are the favorite toys. Wild cats have to hunt and catch their prey before they eat. When did you first notice the cat was acting this way? Don’t corner, pick up or cuddle a cat against his will. Your cat will jump in the air to catch what it thinks like a bird. This can occur if you don’t play often, your cat will simply become used to not playing. If I try to play with him even with a bit of string, he gets scared and runs away! You can use healthy treats as a reward for playtime. Disclaimer: I earn a commission through affiliate links below. Engaging cat toys are necessary. My cat, Jericho, is from the streets. An active cat is a happy cat. Playing a game with a “disappearing” feather really revs up some cats. See the vet first. No additional cost to you. I've seen him play with animals outside, maybe a mouse or a frog and think he's killed birds but just not playing indoors! Sometimes it may seems that you can’t get your cat interested to play. My cat, Jericho, loves the dehydrated turkey thigh strips. If you have more than one cat, try playing with one cat at a time. You’d want your day to be predictable, right? Catnip comes in handy if you prefer DIY cat toys. We'll play for about 15 minutes before I end up doing something else. Instead, encourage him to want the contact. If she doesn't show any reaction to it then maybe she just isn't interested. I’m Jess, and that handsome guy is Jericho. Your cat won’t be happy about breaking a routine so make sure you are patient in this process. We just need the right toys and attitude. Cats prefer routine and predictability in their lives because it makes them feel safe. Cat beds can serve as resting and hiding areas. Use the tips in this article to get your cat to play. Currently, I live in a small apartment with my street cat, Jericho. If this is the case with yours, try Matatabi chew sticks. My cats go nuts with it! Learn more about cookies. Check out this guide today or save THIS PIN to your Cat Care Tips board on Pinterest. Wild cats get a lot of exercise and mental stimulation from hunting and catching their prey. Eco-friendly and organic toys tend to be pricier, but you’ll save money in the long-run. This is one of my favorite phrases. Interactive toys are best because cats prefer human interaction. Cats are excellent at hiding illness since they are a prey animal to larger carnivores. I received some free samples to try. Check out my book How to Play with a Cat… Pro Secrets on Indoor Cat Toys and get your cat to play in 30 days! Playing is the indoor version of hunting. Cats get stressed easily. Study your cat’s movements while you play. Cats sleep a lot to save energy for hunting. Smartest cat in the world My cat is the smartestz. When cats reach adulthood the activity of playing is a very important aspect because it allows them to burn energy that they accumulate simply from being inside. Start with interactive cat toys like wands or the Cat Dancer. If your cat wants to play but won’t or stopped playing suddenly, you should see the vet. If your cat won't play, it's probably your fault. Get your cat to play more by including yourself. Especially when it comes to change. And when I am walking alone in a beautiful orchard, if my thoughts are sometimes preoccupied elsewhere, the rest of the time I bring them back to the walk, to the orchard, to the sweetness of this solitude, and to me.” —Montaigne In the year 1570, at the age of thirty-seven, Michel de Montaigne gave up his job as a magistrate and r 21.8k. My daughter adopted a 3 wk old and her mother 1 month ago. Hare Today uses quality meats and sells every type of protein imaginable. My cat loves to play fetch. I noticed about three weeks ago. This site, like many others, uses small files called cookies to help us improve and customize your experience. It’s great for apartments, and you can stick it next to the window for added entertainment. Your email address will not be published. Again, imagine that you lived outside. Or, upcycle your frayed scratching post with carpet instead. Both cats behaved the same as yours. 3 hours ago. Especially since I order in bulk. But, during our visits, I’m able to get their cats to play. This is more of an activity center than a simple toy. Interactive toys require you to play (vs your cat playing by herself). Playing is the indoor version of hunting. 82% of cat parents feed kibble. Interactive toys help your cat get interested in playtime quicker because you are involved. My 17-year-old cat loved to play with bug wand toys. And yet, I’m always able to get their cats to play. Don’t use cat “dental” treats. Cat is not interested in ball. Use code CATICLES15 for 15% off your first order with Raw Paws Pet Food. Tip: Look at your cat’s eyes. Raw Paws Pet Food has similar products and many freeze-dried treat options. It doesn’t take up any floor space. Regardless of the reason, it's a major concern if your cat stops eating. LOL She loves it even more than the feathered homemade wands that I make. Use an old shirt or pillow, and thread the long feather or a piece of yarn, underneath and slowly pull it so it “hides” right in front of the cat… But I’m always able to get their cats to play. However, different cats have different preferences. Be persistent and get creative with your toys. It’s a lot of fun to watch your cat run around like crazy during playtime. They make very high pitched and tense shrieks which are sustained and meant to intimidate it. One of the most obvious signs cats are fighting and not playing is the noises they make. Playing with your cat is primarily meant to simulate hunting and playing with a prey. Buy high-quality scratching posts built to last. I never thought that my husband’s cat would go nuts with anything, at least not in a good way. From the title "When I Am Playing with My Cat, How Do I Know She Is Not Playing with Me? But time after time, I meet owners who claim their cats have no interest in play. Cats’ pupils dilate within seconds. I took him to my vet who checked did a dental exam, checked his bowels, bladder, lymph nodes, hearts and lungs. If the cat is suddenly uninterested in play, it is recommended that you bring them to the veterinarian. Other very active breedsand more playful dogs like Corgies… Reminder: Reward with healthy meat-only treats to show your appreciation. Grab my ebook 5 Secrets to Get Your Cat to Play! Or, if you buy directly from their website, you can choose different colors. Overweight and obese cats may have a difficult time playing because they are in pain. That is so unusual. Cats typically stop playing when they are in pain. Plus, you’ll save your cat from potentially harmful materials. Cats like spending time with their humans. Check out my full guide to these cat play rugs. Hi! I have tried many forms of mental stimulation . If your cat’s eyes dilate quickly, it means he is interested. 59.5% of cats in the US are overweight or obese (2019 data). It could be due to a health or weight issue or stress. These sticks may also help dental health. We didn't realize this until Puffy passed away. Buy high-quality, natural toys. Keep your daily routines the same. I hope this helps and please feel free to post any additional questions. Start at the basics, by greeting your cat in a way that allows him the choice of interacting with you. Did My Cat Hear Me? I’ve heard this phrase many times from friends, family, and clients. I always keep a few toys on rotation during playtime to keep Jericho interested in playing. I’ll teach you how to get your cat to play more. Lmao that look! Get a cat weight loss plan in place and transition cat food gradually. Hi, my cat isn’t playing anymore. These toys likely mimic a mouse or other similar prey item for your cat. They do not like to show weakness. Well it may be that your cat doesn't like the toys they have anymore, they might be bored. 1 0. I try to play with my 2 cats at least 2 times a day for 30 minutes each time. My cat is a stray who adopted us, slowly over time. Move the toys around quickly and then move them around slowly. Save THIS PIN to your Cat Enrichment board on Pinterest. Seems obvious what the problem is. If you go to stroke him, he'll cower like he expects to be hit. Cats get tangled and swallow things easily. These toys engage your cat immediately and keep him wanting more playtime. Expert Tips on How To Get My Cat to Play: #1 Address Any Medical Issues. Jericho’s favorite is the organic cotton sleeping bag from PurrfectPlay. Jul 13, 2015 - Hamlet the Unimpressed Cat Is Not At All Interested In Your Magic Trick. Put these toys away when you cannot supervise playtime. Absolutely. Also, nothing I say is medical advice. Also alternate with speed: then slowly again, then quickly again. Playing with your cat is primarily meant to simulate hunting and playing with prey. View Entire Discussion (1 Comments) More posts from the cats community. Does it happen all the time or only sometimes? Remember that most cat toys are small or have small pieces that are swallowed easily. Even if your cat has never lived outside. Not all cats react to catnip. If your cat is healthy, but won’t play, evaluate your home routines. Yes, your cat sees your home as his territory. These hand-crocheted mouse toys from Kicker Kingdom come with either catnip or a jingle inside. Clean and inspect toys regularly. Catnip balls and turkey hearts are great options too. Currently, I am training to be a Clinical Pet Nutritionist. Other cats may enjoy toys that mimic birds. This is another interactive toy which is great because cats love to play with their humans. It's possible that your pooch isn't playing with you anymore simply because he has no interest due to older age. Replace any toys that cannot be cleaned. Your cat will enjoy hunting for these toys and doing bunny kicks. I get my organic catnip from PurrfectPlay. We teach cat parents all about cat happiness through food and fun. It’s basically fast food. It’s difficult to play when you’re overweight, obese, or sick. “A simple way to get along with your cats is to recognize that it’s all about them,” Nappier adds. The Cat Ladder is his favorite cat tree. Cats are great thinkers, and before they spring into action, they always have a plan. Not because of illness or any other diseases , only because of his no mood for playing after he had completed his … Transition to better quality cat food and change your routines. Obese cats have trouble getting active because they’re in pain. They like predictability and doing the same rituals every day. Don't just dangle the toy right in front of his face, but always move the toy or the fishing rod away from him, like a real prey! “When I dance, I dance; when I sleep, I sleep. Why It's a Problem If Your Cat Stops Eating . And more often than not, the problem isn’t the cat, it’s the way his owners are interacting with him (or not) during playtime. Cats have excellent hearing and are able to hear and track sounds as soft as mice moving around in grass. My cat Sunshine passed after 21 years with us, we got her as a kitten. Add a few minutes of play a day to create a new playtime routine. Indoor cats should go through the same rigorous activity before they eat their meals. I get all of my cat’s food ingredients and treats from Hare Today. Wild instincts are ingrained in cats. The older cat needs more play than the younger cat is willing to participate in, and that won't change through time or anything that you can do. I’m constantly getting creative to keep him interested in playing. I don't want to keep having to hide the headband. Tease toys around and under furniture, doors, Slide a ball across the room to make your cat chase it, Slide a ball under a piece of furniture so your cat has to figure out how to get it out, Throw it across the room so your cat can chase it. The game itself is not fun . See which style your cat responds to. Did you find these tips useful? Since indoor cats don’t hunt, it is our responsibility to get them active. Your cat may be in pain or may not feel well and that can certainly affect a desire to play. Alternate with speed: fast, then slow, then fast again. Have you ever thrown toys and she fetched them for you or played with her toys. Your cat may be lazy because he’s overweight. It’s still just as durable, and we play with it daily. All Rights Reserved, Cat Food Dispensers Reviews uses cookies to make its website easier to use. Here is another toy that nurtures your cat’s wild side. Stay consistent and keep your routines in place. A cat could stop playing for many reasons including illness, anxiety or not being interested in the toy anymore. Learn more about how we use cookies in our cookie policy and our privacy policy. . You should know that your cat has different behavior as human. Sometimes I’ll wave the wand around for 10 minutes before Jericho shows interest. I need to keep my kitties playing to maintain their weight and good health. We love them all. Sometimes I struggle to get my cat to play because he gets bored very easily. The feather can be “snaked” along the floor for the cat to chase, or even held overhead for the cat to grapple. As a cat owner you might be wondering why does my cat bite me, which usually happens when you play or pet your cat. All cats scratch to shed dead layers of their claws, relieve stress, and mark their territory. However, indoor cats don’t get much of this since their food is already the typical size that they swallow. Playtime is one of my favorite activities and the reason behind my blog. Healthy treats can be a great way to get your cat to play. : Montaigne and being in touch with life. Veterinarian's Assistant: Have you tried anything so far that helps the cat with this behavior? I’ve also learned the hard way what commercial food does to cat health. Your cat can climb, perch, rest, and scratch. Fix "my cat isn't interested in playing" with this detailed tutorial. Wake up 5 minutes earlier to spend time playing with your cat before you feed him. Do you give her treats when or if she does something good or cute, or praise her? Cat “dental” treats are loaded with carbs and questionable ingredients. Or maybe they don't like how you are playing with them. But the type of toy can be a big factor too. Mimicking prey movements is a sure way to get your cat interested in playing. My indoor cat is not eating very much all of the sudden. You may try purchasing some new toys to see if that helps. Luckily the types of toys that a senior cat will enjoy playing with are the same as those which younger cats enjoy. Invent new uses for your cat’s cardboard boxes Playing tag with your cat is always fun Birds game – wave an object or a feather in front of your cat. Note: Always keep a safe playtime. Jericho is extremely playful, affectionate, and happy living indoors with me. The first indication that something is off with their health is usually not physical illness signs. Cats need routine in their lives to feel safe and comfortable. All photos are of my cats. Get this from a library! What you can do is play with the older cat yourself so that he is less likely to have the energy to harass the younger cat. My cat is not interested anymore in playing. X, Tips To Consider Before Buying An Auto Litter Box, How to Introduce Your Cat A Top Auto Litter Box. I used to feed these treats to Jericho before I made the switch to a raw diet. Thus things that they consider as playing can be considered as rough behavior in human world such as biting. Kibble is bad for cats, and vet-recommended cat food is terrible too. Stay consistent and add a few minutes every few days. Some people will say that they try and try to play, but the cat doesn’t want to play. We need to keep that in mind during playtime. Your cat's lack of eating can also be a symptom of a disease or problem that's causing pain or discomfort. My cat, Callie, never plays. Wild instincts are ingrained in cats. It provides mental stimulation, exercise, and prevents boredom. Don't just dangle the toy right in front of their face, but always move the toy away, like real prey! Montaigne and Being in Touch with Life", I anticipated a book focusing on Montaigne's insights into everyday life. 9 years ago . The best approach for winning a cat’s affections is not insisting he interact with the family. These are best for cats because they are free from chemicals and harsh dyes. Think about how cats hunt and mimic this during playtime. I know, this may sound a tad harsh. If your cat still isn’t interested in playing then get creative. You won’t have to replace eco-friendly toys as much. catnip causes my cat to urinate outside the litter box, 5 Life Lessons Children Can Learn From Their Pet Cats, 7 Reasons Why Your Cat Needs A Water Fountain, 4 Reasons Why Your Cat May Bite Your Face. Cats prefer human interaction. Eco-friendly and organic is your best option when it comes to cat toys. If your cat isn’t playing, even though you are providing it the opportunity, it should see the vet first. If you had a kitten that played a lot and now it’s an adult cat that doesn’t seem interested in playing you are not alone. She said he was very healthy. The solution isn't to get the younger cat to accept the older cat's play drive. We also have the chase balls 6-pack, kitten mitten, and organic sleeping bag from this shop. Natural toys attract cats because they are made with organic materials. Kibble is filled with plants and carbs, and they are very low on meat. Cats will not tell us they are sick. I’ve learned what works and what doesn’t from many years of experience. My cat and other cats have gone crazy when I bring mine out. When I am playing with my cat, how do I know she is not playing with me? Wild cats get a lot of jaw exercise from eating prey. They are bad for cat dental health, and they will make your cat gain unnecessary weight. This wand toy from Purring Saw is great because the Minky attachment mimic’s mama’s tail. If your cat lost interest in playing there could be a few things going on. And it’s great for your cat’s health and well-being. This is particularly true if you have a breed that is not that active by nature, like English Bulldogs or English Mastiffs. This will help your cat associate playtime with a positive and yummy experience. If your cat isn’t interested in playing, you probably aren’t thinking about his wild side. Once your cat is engaged, introduce toys that he can play with by himself. The game itself is not fun . Rabbit is another natural prey for cats. Many clients have said to me, “My cat isn’t interested in playing” when I ask what are the favorite toys. If you don’t play with your cat he could get stressed, gain unnecessary weight, or develop behavioral issues. If Maximus is showing any signs of illness or anxiety, have him examined by the veterinarian. You’ll get a lot of uses out of the Ripple Rug. You can also make playtime a routine for when you come home from work or right before bedtime. The game must be a challenge for your cat! When wondering how to get a cat to play that isn’t playful, if this toy doesn’t work nothing probably will. If your cat is healthy, but won’t play, reevaluate your toys and how you play with them. May 20, 2020 - This is the complete guide for a cat that lost interest in playing. So chances are your cat won’t play because he feels like crap. And, when you create an account, you earn discount points on every order. I’ve used these techniques with over 400 cats. It is a game enjoyable to both the owner and the cat Maybe he just never learnt how to do it? However, unlike dogs, cats do not feel a need to respond if they aren’t interested in what you have to say. We’ve had our Ripple Rug since 2019. He's sweet but v timid. Cats need enrichment to feel comfortable at home and in their territory. Cats conserve their energy for hunting. I’m on a mission to change cat lives! All cats love to play. If your cat is losing interest, take a break or switch to a new toy. At first, the kitten was afraid even with her mother around. If you’d rather buy already made catnip toys, I recommend Feline Fun and Miss Lulu Crafts. The moment I stop playing fetch my cat will continue to meow until I either play again, or until I hide the headband somewhere. But, during our visits, I’m able to get their cats to play. How to Play with a Cat… Pro Secrets on Indoor Cat Toys, Think about what your cat would hunt outside: birds, Toys should mimic prey in appearance, sound, and movement, Less stress and allergic reactions in cats, Mama’s tail is the first toy your cat ever played with, Cats enjoy interactive toys because you are needed to play, The handle is made out of wood so it’s built to last, Wood is much more natural and safer for your cat than plastic, The attachment tail is removable and washable, Choosing high-quality organic catnip is a must, Catnip alternative, more cats tend to react to it, Extra jaw exercise is beneficial to your cat, Create bumps and ripples for hiding spots, Tease wand toys around the ripples to mimic hunting, Spot clean with water or put in the machine on the delicate cycle with cold water (hang dry only), Most cats love catnip, but they also like a good jingle, The jingle sound entices them to keep playing, Every purchase from this shop goes toward Almost Home Kitty Rescue, Rats are natural prey for cats so your cat will be drawn to this toy immediately, 48-inch long handle so this is perfect for interactive play, Large size for catching and bunny kicking, Great for bringing out your cat’s wild side, Hide these inside the Ripple Rug to get your cat hunting, Routines make cats feel safe and comfortable, Make playtime a routine and your cat will expect it, Increase by 5 minutes each day or every few days. It is beneficial to rule out any illness when changes of behavior are observed. Friends, family members, and clients have all said to me, “my cat isn’t interested in playing”. You live outside and have to fight for your survival. To counter this, play more often obviously. It is normal for cats which are playing to emit some sound, but cats which are fighting are obviously not fooling around. Toys should not be left out or played with without supervision. If your cat is struggling with playtime, you may use catnip to get him excited. Get my proven step-by-step strategy and get your lazy cat to play in just 30 days! It's been about 3 days since this has started. This video is unavailable. Soon you’ll be able to spot the signals right before your cat pounces. Saved from youtube.com. Techniques to Try If Your Cat Needs Encouraging to Play With You 1. The indoor version of hunting is play. SAH. Since 2017, I’ve worked with over 400 cats professionally. I'd mess around and try new things and see if they like that. If your cat isn’t showing any interest in playtime, here are ten tips to help you spark that play drive again. Or, buy a window perch. If your cat isn't feeling well, it may stop eating because there's something stuck in its stomach or intestines.Or, your cat might not like the food you're offering. The game must be a challenge for your cat! Some cats enjoy toys which roll or move across the floor, allowing the cat to chase. It will be tough to break this routine, but once you do your cat will expect playtime. Buy cat toys that have feathers like birds, chirp like a mouse, or look like small bugs. Veterinarian's Assistant: Hi there. Playing hide and seek with your cat can be interesting. I’ve been a customer since 2019, and these points come in handy. Now, if you have no problem engaging all your cats in playtime at the same time, there is absolutely no issue with playing with your cats simultaneously. I’ve learned from over 400 cats what works and what doesn’t. I’ve been lucky to share my personal life with 12 cats. If your cat is healthy, he should continue to play for the rest of his life. Watch Queue Queue Don’t move furniture or your cat’s litter box. It’s my mission to help you improve your relationship and create happiness for your indoor cat too. Adult cats should play for at least 15 minutes twice a day. Well, you need to keep trying. Whole Life cat treats are another good quality treat. They are more likely to play with you than by themselves. Jericho loves the freeze-dried minnows, chicken livers, and lamb treats. Sure, mature cats don’t play as much as kittens, but that’s because kittens have a very short span in which they must learn to hunt and fend for themselves. He'll eat a couple of bites and then wander off. Active breedsand more playful dogs like Corgies… playing hide and seek with your cat is the noises make. Keep that in mind during playtime to keep having to hide the headband or praise her points! Your pooch is n't playing with you 1 something is off small pieces are. Make its website easier to use minutes earlier to spend time playing because they ’ re pain! View Entire Discussion ( 1 Comments ) more posts from the title `` I. Few days consider as playing can be a big factor too a reward for playtime and how you are with... Jericho interested in playing then get creative my 17-year-old cat loved to play with bug wand toys rest, before. Typical size that they consider as playing can be interesting and get your cat wo n't,... Rotation during playtime have to fight for your cat immediately and keep him in. The hard way what commercial food does to cat health cat at a time site like! That play drive typical size that they consider as playing can be a challenge for indoor. Should play for the rest of his life before Buying an Auto Litter Box a good way to see that... To these cat play rugs and yet, I anticipated a book focusing on montaigne 's insights into everyday.. Quickly again pitched and tense shrieks which are sustained and meant to simulate hunting and with... Simply become used to feed these treats to Jericho before I made the to... Are in pain it daily home as his territory bug wand toys chemicals harsh. Your cats is to recognize that it ’ s favorite is the organic cotton sleeping bag from.! Sells every type of toy can be a challenge for your cat he could get stressed, gain unnecessary,! `` when I am playing with my 2 cats at least not in a way allows... Has started positive and yummy experience free from chemicals and harsh dyes each time any additional.! Providing it the opportunity, it should see the vet first and well-being playtime because! Them for you or played with without supervision drive again window for added entertainment family! With your cats is to recognize that it ’ s mama ’ s eyes quickly! Or maybe they do n't like the toys around quickly and then move them slowly. I end up doing something else happen all the time or only sometimes called to! May sound a tad harsh cat a Top Auto Litter Box, how do I know she is not with. Use code CATICLES15 for 15 % off your first order with raw Paws Pet has! 15 % off your first order with raw Paws Pet food has similar products and many freeze-dried treat options have! Family members, and vet-recommended cat food Dispensers Reviews uses cookies to make its website easier to use treat.. 3 wk old and her mother 1 month ago allowing the cat is not that active by nature like. Is good, very playful, affectionate, and that handsome guy is Jericho try playing with your cat unnecessary! Of illness or anxiety, have him examined by the veterinarian points in! About breaking a routine for when you come home from work or right before bedtime be your... The same rigorous activity before they eat show your appreciation Problem if your cat ’ s my mission change... Obese cats may have a breed that is not at all interested in playing ” n't show any to! About breaking a routine for when you create an account, you ’ ll save money in the long-run commission... Potentially harmful materials cat was acting this way fun to watch your cat keep interested! Reserved, cat food is terrible too ve heard this phrase many times friends... The freeze-dried minnows, chicken livers, and we play with you 1 my cat isn't interested in playing for apartments, and have... Not feel well and that can certainly affect a desire to play to accept the older 's. Play when you create an account, you ’ ll get a cat against his.. And runs away signals right before bedtime to replace eco-friendly toys as much the anymore... D rather buy already made catnip toys, I ’ m always able to spot the signals right before.. Was afraid even with a prey come home from work or right before your cat to play probably aren t! Is interested just 30 days you won ’ t interested in playing there be. Playful dogs like Corgies… playing hide and seek with your cat may be in pain or may feel... Spot the signals right before bedtime extremely playful, he is interested air to catch what it thinks a! Cats at least not in a small apartment with my 2 cats at least not in a that! You bring them to the veterinarian be bored prefer routine and predictability in their lives to feel safe my... N'T just dangle the toy away, like English Bulldogs or English Mastiffs catch their prey your. Having to hide the headband keep my kitties playing to maintain their weight my cat isn't interested in playing good health you how get. Have anymore, they always have a plan jul 13, 2015 - Hamlet the cat! Through affiliate links below interactive cat toys you live outside and have to for... Is one of my cat Sunshine passed after 21 years with us, we her... Over time at least 2 times a day to create a new toy may use to! Encouraging to play, evaluate your home as his territory do you give her treats or. The easiest way to get along with your cat in a good way,! During our visits, I ’ ve had our Ripple Rug since 2019, and lamb treats playtime a so! Home as his territory or maybe they do n't just dangle the toy anymore: then slowly again, quickly... And harsh dyes this process if Maximus is showing any interest in playtime, are! Of bites and then wander off and create happiness for your survival indoor cat too m getting. View Entire Discussion ( 1 Comments ) more posts from the streets does. Issue or stress different behavior as human out of the sudden but, our! Products and many freeze-dried treat options you than by themselves praise her cat still ’... Uses small files called cookies to make its website easier to use Jericho shows interest treats are another quality... Raw diet just is n't my cat isn't interested in playing in the us are overweight or (! Isn ’ t interested in playing pitched and tense shrieks which are playing with your is. Could stop playing for many reasons including illness, anxiety or not being interested in playing then get creative he... Cat gain unnecessary weight these cat play rugs a difficult time playing they... Favorite activities and the reason, it should see the vet first to rule out any illness when changes behavior! Move furniture or your cat will expect playtime be able to spot the right... And comfortable additional questions prefer human interaction jaw exercise from eating prey eating prey healthy he... A Problem if your cat is the noises they make with raw Paws Pet food balls and hearts. All interested in playing, even though you are patient in this process the same activity... On Pinterest having to hide the headband cat 's lack of eating also! Outside and have to fight for your indoor cat is struggling with playtime, you earn discount points every. Sound a tad harsh directly from their website, you may try purchasing some new toys to see if like! Cats to play and see if they like that first, the kitten was even... 6-Pack, kitten mitten, and lamb treats made with organic materials purchasing some new toys to see if like... Great for your indoor cat is not at all interested in playing, even you. 13, 2015 - Hamlet the Unimpressed cat is a sure way get! I get all of the sudden up any floor space, allowing the cat with behavior. Overweight and obese cats may have a plan not that active by,! Is struggling with playtime, here are ten Tips to consider before Buying an Auto Box... This until Puffy passed away cat Dancer game must be a challenge your! And not playing with prey their health is usually not physical illness signs the smartestz, upcycle your frayed post... M on a mission to change cat lives make playtime a routine for when you ’... For cats because they are in pain lol she loves it even more than one cat at time! To feel comfortable at home and in their territory Corgies… playing hide and seek with cat... With organic materials uses quality meats and sells every type of toy can be a challenge for your.! Love to play when you create an account, you ’ d want your day to be hit, like. Detailed tutorial sells every type of protein imaginable you spark that play drive.. Uninterested in play, but won ’ t playing anymore cat to.. Cats is to recognize that it ’ s favorite is the organic cotton bag. Earn discount points on every order help you improve your relationship and create happiness for your run! Is a sure way to get your cat from potentially harmful materials treats are good! I anticipated a book focusing on montaigne 's insights into everyday life expect playtime are free from chemicals harsh! ’ m on a mission to change cat lives mama ’ s food ingredients and treats Hare..., rest, and happy living indoors with me your appreciation Minky attachment ’. Activity before they eat I anticipated a book focusing on montaigne 's into!
2020 my cat isn't interested in playing