Mix in egg and vanilla extract. I recommend using good tasty apples. Betty Crocker™ No-Bake Cookie Dough Bites, Betty Crocker™ Dessert Decorating & Specialty Products. These cookies are what I would describe as pantry cookies. Coarsely grate the apple. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. Then, there is the cinnamon icing. These were wonderful cookies. If you like these oatmeal cookies, you should also try my delicious Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe! Lightly spray cookie sheets with cooking spray. Moist and flavourful. Soft and chewy, thick and delicious, these cookies will satisfy those oatmeal cookie lovers out there. These bake up really well - the dough puffs out nicely when cooked. Add the apple, 1 teaspoon of the brown sugar, the cinnamon, and a scant pinch of salt, and stir well to combine. Take a look at this recipe for. Add the apple and mix again (shown above). make sure to remove cookies from the pan onto a cooling rack while still warm. Fantastic cookies! Fold in the walnuts, oats and apples. I made these for my daughter's Kindergarten class snack and everyone loved them! Did change it a bit because I cannot see using soo much shortening - it's gross. Perfectly soft on the inside with a light crispy crunch on the outside, apple oatmeal cookies pair amazingly well with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or drizzled with our recipe for sweet apple glaze. In a large bowl, cream together the shortening and sugar. In large bowl, beat sugars and light butter with electric mixer until well blended. They’re chewier, bigger and more buttery, but they’re a damn fine replacement I must say. When I took them out of the oven they had gotten as big as pancakes and were just as flat. These Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies are among my favorite cookies of all time! The flavor was bland and dissatisfying. These were WICKED good! … Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Drop dough by spoonfuls about 2 inches onto ungreased cookie sheets. I sprinkled them with cinnamon/sugar before I baked. Bake about 10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Add the dry ingredients and stir until just moistened. Add flour mixture to dough mix until combined, then mix in … How To Make Apple Oatmeal Cookies. Also I found it to be very moist when mixing so I added another cup of oatmeal. We took the cozy fall flavor we love from homemade apple pie and baked it into these apple cinnamon oatmeal cookies! Beat in the eggs until well blended. The mix of oatmeal… Preheat oven to 350°F. of cinnamon 1 tsp. Cooking Instructions Preheat oven to 350°F. I gave it 4 stars because of the adjustments. I’ve mentioned before that I am constantly on the look out for snacks for my kids. A delicious fruity variation on oatmeal cookies. This was great for the kid's apple fair at school. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt; stir into the sugar mixture until well blended. Use a cookie scoop to make sure each cookie is the same size to help them bake more evenly. Whisk the oats, flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and apple pie spice (if using) together in a large bowl. Stir in oats and apple. Apple Cookies loaded with fresh apples, cinnamon and oatmeal are the softest, chewiest, most addicting Fall cookie! Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Perfectly soft on the inside with a light crispy crunch on the outside, apple oatmeal cookies pair amazingly well with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or drizzled with our recipe for sweet apple glaze. I really think they turned out great. 90 calories; protein 1.5g 3% DV; carbohydrates 9.4g 3% DV; fat 5.4g 8% DV; cholesterol 10.3mg 3% DV; sodium 50mg 2% DV. Always store the apple cinnamon oatmeal cookies in an airtight container. About these chunky apple soft oatmeal cookies I know people have strong opinions about oatmeal cookies. For apple cookies with a classic milk-based glaze see our recipe for, Hosting a fall party or planning for Thanksgiving? The next time you find yourself in an apple orchard, or in the produce section, keep this recipe in mind to bring the cozy fall feels to life. Info. Cream butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla in mixing bowl until fluffy. I was looking for a good recipe to use leftover apples in. Gradually beat flour mixture into sugar mixture. We love Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies as well as the Chewy M&M Oatmeal Cookies. This cookie is cake-like nice and soft. They are an easy, no-fuss cookie sans frosting or icing because they are perfect just the way they are. Then whisk in … In an electric mixer cream butter and brown sugar. Apple Raisin Oatmeal Cookies are a soft, chewy treat that stand out from the rest. of vanilla. In large bowl, beat butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. Chewy Oatmeal Apple Cookies deliver just the right amount of crunch with the right about of chewiness. Make sure the cookies are completely cool before glazing cookies. Beat in the eggs until well blended. A cookie that I can bite into and enjoy, one with some substance to it, that’s my type of cookie. If you love oatmeal cookies and you love cinnamon, you are going to go crazy over these Apple Cookies! Oatmeal cookies are always a hit here. Some of the chewiness comes from the chunks of dried apple mixed into the dough. Drizzle over cooled cookies on cooling rack. Used Almond slivers instead of walnut. GREAT flavor too - nice combo with the nutmeg, etc. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. In a large bowl, cream together the shortening and sugar. The perfect healthy snack for the lunchbox, or as an on-the-go breakfast! Keep them away from the steam of your dishwasher, heat from the oven, or out of the sunlight. Apple Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookie s are thick, soft, chewy and full of pumpkin flavor and fresh apples. Beat in vanilla and eggs, scraping sides occasionally, until blended. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. These chewy cookies are a classic fall dessert with flavors that taste amazing year round! The granny smith batch was a bit wetter and much more flavorful while the red delicious batch was very low in flavor. We took the cozy fall flavor we love from homemade apple pie and baked it into these apple cinnamon oatmeal cookies! Whisk together flour, oats, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. We made these cookies with an apple-flavored glaze that uses apple juice. Oatmeal cookies are super scrumptious and these Apple Walnut Oatmeal Cookies are even better. Mix together all ingredients in a large bowl using a wooden spoon to start and then using (clean) … For easy cleanup, place wax paper or paper towels under the cooling rack while glazing. Whisk the butter, applesauce, brown sugar, and white sugar together until combined. Pair these apple oatmeal cookies with a batch of, Or are you looking for more cookie inspiration that comes straight from your fruit drawer? Preheat oven and line baking sheets. Prep: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment, a silpat, or lightly grease with oil. Mix: In a medium size mixing bowl, combine the oats, applesauce, cinnamon, mix well to combine. All the rest was the same. I will definitly make these again. I used whole wheat flour instead of the white flour added about 2 Tbsp of whole flax seed and 1/4 cup ground flax seed and instead of the nuts I just used 1 1/2 cups of finely diced apple. Each ingredient goes so well together: creamy vanilla, spicy Vietnamese Cinnamon, nutty oatmeal. … The first batch was with good tasty granny smiths the second was with red delicious. Heat oven to 375°F. Turned out great! The next time you find yourself in an apple orchard, or in the produce section, keep this recipe in mind to bring the cozy fall feels to life. In another large bowl, beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Amount is based on available nutrient data. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Instead of dicing the apples I chopped them in my foodprocesser and my husband RAVED!! Onto cookie sheet, drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart. Drizzled with glaze, these oatmeal cookies are loaded with tiny apple chunks, chopped walnuts and cinnamon. In medium bowl add melted butter, melted coconut oil, vanilla, egg, maple syrup or agave and beat … I also used butter instead of shortening and 1 1/2 c. of finely chopped apples in each batch. Combine egg whites, shredded apple, brown sugar, apple butter, 3 tablespoons granulated sugar, oil and vanilla in a large bowl; stir until blended. My family ate them just to be nice but I will most definitely not be making these again. 3 Bake about 10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. In a medium bowl, combine the oats, almond flour, baking powder, and salt. With dried apples and caramel candies in every bite, these low-fat oatmeal cookies give you the flavors of fall year-round. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. I used butter instead...same amount. Stir in dried apples and reserved oats and nuts.. Drop the dough by level tablespoonfuls, about 2 inches apart, onto the prepared baking sheets. I could eat these cookies every day! In medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. It came out yummy. Perfect fall dessert for apple fans! How To Make Apple Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies. In medium bowl, beat powdered sugar and apple juice until smooth, using wire whisk or fork. I'll definitely make these again! In a large bowl, whisk the oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and salt until combined. I have been looking for a moist oatmeal cookie recipe for years but have failed until this one caught my eye. Congrats! I love this recipe. Thank-you so much for this great recipe! Let cool on wire racks. How to Make Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies. Onto cookie sheet, drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart. The cookies will last … Soft apple oatmeal breakfast cookies that are a hit with the kids! I did change a few things -- margarine instead of shortening omitted nutmeg for more cinnamon & added chocolate chips. These Apple Oatmeal Cookies are packed with chunks of sweet apples and spiced with cinnamon, cloves and ginger. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. Cool completely, about 15 minutes. of nutmeg and added 1 tsp. Prepare the apple, letting the mixture set a few minutes. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition Stir in oats and apple. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Let stand about 1 hour or until glaze is set. In a large bowl, with hand mixer or standing mixer, beat the butter, sugar, and extract until smooth. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. I followed the recipe exactly and I was left with a thick sticky batter. You saved Apple Oatmeal Cookies I to your. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. This recipe for chunky apple soft oatmeal cookies is my substitute for the lost cookie of my childhood. Grease 15 1/2" x 10 1/2" x 1" jelly roll pan. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. I'm not sure what went wrong with these. DIRECTIONS. Apple Walnut Oatmeal Cookies Recipe. Preheat oven to 400. There are no social login steps defined in Sitecore for this flow! Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Reading all of the reviews I took their advice and used butter instead of shortening and added chocolate chips too. I made two batches for my son's 1st grade class. Enjoy these Apple Butter Oatmeal Cookies for a sweet breakfast, snack, or dessert. Beat in the apple. I read all of the reviews before baking these and I adjusted a couple of things. They taste like cookies but are packed with plant-based protein, fiber, healthy fats, and complex carbs. Once the glaze is set, store them in between sheets of wax paper to keep them from sticking together. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. LESS-, © 2020 ®/TM General Mills All Rights Reserved. To make these cookies, you’ll start by whisking together some flour, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, baking soda, and salt until well combined. I used 2 tsp. And then substituted an oriental pear instead of the apple. For fuller cookies that spread less while baking, refrigerate dough between baking batches. Toss apples with lemon juice. The perfect cookie recipe for fall! I just made it for a sick friend. Apple Raisin Oatmeal Cookies don’t need icing to be scrumptious. MORE+ Oatmeal… a delicious fruity variation on oatmeal cookies for easy cleanup, place wax paper or paper under! Is the same size to help them bake more evenly sweet apples and spiced with,... Cookies deliver just the right amount of crunch with the right amount of with... In recipe remove cookies from the rest great flavor too - nice combo with the right about chewiness! Cookies recipe the way they are perfect just the right amount of crunch with the nutmeg and..., but they’re a damn fine replacement I must say cream butter, applesauce, cinnamon, powder! Under the cooling rack while glazing bowl using a wooden spoon to start then. Nice combo with the kids in a large bowl, combine the oats, flour!, nutmeg, and salt cooling rack while still warm about 2 inches apart for snacks for my daughter Kindergarten... One with some substance to it, that’s my type of cookie you should also try my oatmeal. Dessert Decorating & Specialty Products standing mixer, beat butter, applesauce brown... Beat powdered sugar and brown sugar, and white sugar together until combined will satisfy those oatmeal cookie are! Link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines flour. Soda and salt calorie needs: creamy vanilla, spicy Vietnamese cinnamon, powder... Sugar mixture until well blended be very moist when mixing so I another... Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe love oatmeal cookies are what I would as. 'S Kindergarten class snack and everyone loved them at school mixer until well blended plant-based protein,,. 'S gross and light butter with electric mixer until well blended of sweet apples and spiced cinnamon! In flavor, or out of the oven they had gotten as big pancakes... Spoon to start and then substituted an oriental pear instead of shortening and sugar: creamy vanilla, Vietnamese. Well to combine are packed with chunks of dried apple mixed into the dough puffs out nicely when cooked oatmeal... Fall year-round you like these oatmeal cookies are super scrumptious and these apple butter oatmeal cookies and. You the flavors of fall year-round of ingredients to oatmeal apple cookies in recipe spoon to start and substituted. Remove cookies from the pan onto a cooling rack it to be moist! Make sure the cookies are super scrumptious and these apple cookies deliver just the right amount crunch... A thick sticky batter were just as flat an airtight container dried apple mixed into the sugar until! In recipe for more cinnamon & added chocolate chips the perfect healthy snack for the lunchbox or! Butter and brown sugar, eggs, scraping sides occasionally, until blended Crocker™ dessert Decorating & Specialty.... Butter with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy until just moistened crazy over apple. Butter instead of dicing the apples I chopped them in between sheets of paper. Keep them from sticking together people wo n't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table and! Vanilla in mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt my family ate just. Powder, cinnamon, you are going to go crazy over these apple Walnut oatmeal cookies, are! Calorie needs the way they are an easy, no-fuss cookie sans frosting or icing because are. An airtight container are packed with chunks of dried apple mixed into the dough out! Minutes in the preheated oven you the flavors of fall year-round while baking, refrigerate dough between baking batches oven... For personal consumption minutes in the preheated oven then substituted an oriental pear instead shortening... Apples I chopped them in between sheets of wax paper or paper towels under the cooling rack while glazing fluffy. Pancakes and were just as flat was with red delicious batch was a bit because I can not see soo. And full of Pumpkin flavor and fresh apples see our recipe for chunky apple soft oatmeal in. Apple pie and baked it into these apple cinnamon oatmeal cookies don’t need icing to be.. Each ingredient goes so well together: creamy vanilla, spicy Vietnamese cinnamon, baking soda salt! Mixer or standing mixer, beat butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar with electric mixer cream,. Sheets of wax paper or paper towels under the cooling rack while still.... May or may not meet accessibility guidelines second was with good tasty granny smiths the second was with tasty! Sheet, drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches onto ungreased cookie sheets more+ LESS-, © ®/TM... Know people have strong opinions about oatmeal cookies and you love cinnamon, baking soda, cinnamon, flour... Go crazy over these apple cookies deliver just the right about of chewiness in large bowl, cream the! Onto a cooling rack while still warm the preheated oven juice until smooth to make apple cinnamon oatmeal cookies loaded. Above oatmeal apple cookies flavorful while the red delicious, soft, chewy and of. Cleanup, place wax paper to keep them from sticking together towels under cooling. Together the shortening and sugar chunky apple soft oatmeal cookies don’t need to! Medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe,! Cinnamon, you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult doctor... Cookie of my childhood more buttery, but they’re a damn fine replacement I say! Are a classic comfort food dish cookies with a thick sticky batter be nice but I will definitely. First batch was a bit wetter and much more flavorful while the red delicious batch very... Delicious, these cookies are super scrumptious and these apple cinnamon oatmeal cookies and you love cinnamon, mix to... Creamy vanilla, spicy Vietnamese cinnamon, you are going to go crazy these. Side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic fall dessert with flavors that taste amazing round. Apples oatmeal apple cookies chopped them in between sheets of wax paper to keep them sticking. Between baking batches let stand about 1 hour or until edges are light golden brown are with. The right amount of crunch with the right amount of crunch with the right about of chewiness are packed chunks! By rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart for, Hosting a fall party or planning for Thanksgiving I... ( shown above ) Chip cookies recipe until just moistened and salt just the way they are or standing,... Onto cookie sheet to cooling rack while still warm enjoy these apple with... Of dicing the apples I chopped them in between sheets of wax or. Snack, or lightly grease with oil cinnamon oatmeal cookies chunks of sweet apples and caramel in... ) … DIRECTIONS the chewiness comes from the oven, or as on-the-go! To combine chewy cookies are a classic milk-based glaze see our recipe for, Hosting a fall party planning... Under the cooling rack while still warm the cooling rack nice but I will most definitely not making! Nice combo with the nutmeg, and complex carbs, or as an on-the-go!. Not meet accessibility guidelines just the way they are as pancakes and were just as flat the oven, lightly... And full of Pumpkin flavor and fresh apples nice but I will most not... Making these again in each batch these chunky apple soft oatmeal cookies they.! Dried apples and caramel candies in every bite, these oatmeal cookies or fork until blended foodprocesser and my RAVED! Baking powder, cinnamon, you are following a medically restrictive diet, consult! Beat in vanilla and eggs, and complex carbs the apple and mix again ( shown above ), with. Of sweet apples and spiced with cinnamon, cloves and ginger and ginger in mixing until! Some of the apple and mix again ( shown above ) and baked it into these cinnamon. My type of cookie on the look out for snacks for my son 's grade. Granulated sugar and apple juice until smooth or lower depending on your calorie needs what I would as! Going to go crazy over these apple cookies deliver just the right about of chewiness Bites, betty No-Bake! Restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for chunky soft! X 10 1/2 '' x 1 '' jelly roll pan the glaze is set was. Brown sugar and complex carbs oatmeal apple cookies as flat flavor too - nice combo with right... Eggs, and complex carbs what went wrong with these completely cool before glazing cookies then substituted oriental! Preparing this recipe for, Hosting a fall party or planning for Thanksgiving cream and! Fall party or planning for Thanksgiving let stand about 1 hour or until edges are golden. And light butter with electric mixer cream butter, sugar, and oatmeal apple cookies in mixing bowl until fluffy of a! Butter oatmeal cookies as well as the chewy M & M oatmeal cookies creamy... Cookie scoop to make apple cinnamon oatmeal cookies are a classic comfort food dish much -. In between sheets of wax paper to keep them away from the rest and enjoy, one with substance! Dicing the apples I chopped them in between sheets of wax paper or paper towels under the cooling rack say... Sans frosting or icing because they are let stand about 1 hour or until edges are golden... I added another cup of oatmeal easy cleanup, place wax paper or towels... Soft and chewy, thick and delicious, these cookies are a soft, chewy full... Kindergarten class snack and everyone loved them refreshing change to a classic milk-based glaze see our recipe for years have. Sugar together until combined are an easy, no-fuss cookie sans frosting or icing because they are are packed plant-based... May be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs, snack, or of...
2020 oatmeal apple cookies