May 22, 2012 12 Comments. Add a comment below or tag @somuchyumblog in a photo on Instagram! * I’m not even going to attempt to hide it. The product promises a similar experience to vanilla cream-filled, soft and chewy, spiced oatmeal cakes, but with a solid 10g of protein per serving, just a gram of fat, only 2g of carbohydrates, zero sugar, and a total of 60 calories. Bake for 10 minutes, or until cookies are barely golden around the edges. Melted, sticky, gooey: the perfect adhesive to these gluten free vegan Oatmeal Cream Pies! When I was little I used to love oatmeal cream pies until I discovered zebra cakes, when I was younger my friends and I would hop on our bikes and ride to the corner store and split a box of oatmeal cream pies. Add in the oats and mix using a rubber spatula or a spoon. I’ve taken your childhood favourite oatmeal cream pies and made them vegan. Spread 1 1/2 tablespoons of the cream filling on the bottom side of one of the cookies and top with another cookie, repeat until all of the cookies are used and dig in. Tender and moist and just crispy and SO GOOD. https://sweetvegansara.com/cookies/vegan-oatmeal-creme-pies (vegan, gluten-free + soy-free) Did you have a favorite Little Debbie as a kid? Your email address will not be published. By Melissa 19 Comments *Recipe + photos updated 2/17/20. 3. Learn how your comment data is processed. Add pumpkin puree, coconut oil and sugars to a large mixing bowl, and using a handheld mixer, mix for about 1 minute. I thought I knew myself. Pour in the aquafaba, molasses, vanilla and beat until well combined. The four sticks of (vegan) butter in the recipe speak for themselves. Spiced oatmeal cookies with a fluffy and creamy vanilla frosting in between! Just as tender and delicious, but grain-free, gluten-free, … Low-Carb Oatmeal Cream Pies (Dairy-Free, Paleo, Vegan) May 7, 2020 / “Oatmeal” Cream Pies – amazingly without any oats or sugar! Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 C). Oh, and Star Crunch! Vegan Oatmeal Cream Pie Recipe. Add the brown sugar and beat until the mixture is fluffy. However, the filling recipe does make quite a lot and you don’t have to use all of it to make the sandwiches. This looks delicious! Roll the dough into 2 tablespoon sized balls and place on the baking sheet and flatten with your hands and bake for 8 to 10 minutes. This sweet cream pie made with quick-cooking oats, coconut flakes, and maple syrup is reminiscent of pecan pie, but without the nuts. ______________________________________________________________________________, Yield: Approx. The cinnamon spice is enough to tease us of what’s to come. 1 Ener-G Egg Replacer egg* (1 ½ teaspoons egg replacer + 2, Please read the next line on the list for the continuation of that ingredient , I recently made these and they were so delicious I got about 24 cookies and they were nice size. With these vegan oatmeal cream pies it’ll be hard not to eat them all as well! Add vanilla and milk, and mix on high for 5 minutes, or until sugar has dissolved. All that butter does have a purpose! […] http://www.somuchyumblog.com/vegan-oatmeal-cream-pies/ Pasta, pesto, garlic, onion, broccoli, chickpeas…all the goodness Romanesco explosion but […], Your email address will not be published. This Vegan Oatmeal Cream Pies … RELATED: Giant Oatmeal … However, if you don’t have that particular ingredient, you can use 1 large egg in place of the 1 Ener-G egg that’s listed in the ingredients. Love CHOCOLATE? But again, I’ve never tried it. I'm Melissa - creator of So Much Yum, registered dietitian, plant-based foodie, and fitness fanatic. Yes, I admit that I ate a lot of crap in high school. *. The butter IS important in the cookie recipe. I imagine the cookies wouldn’t turn out quite the same. These vegan oatmeal cream pies will take you back in time. Friends, get your fat pants out! Thanks for sharing! I just took my prized oatmeal cookies and made the cream and turned them into pies.. these are really good and you won’t regret buying them.. *if you want an ice pack or two, add it to the cart off my shop* Oatmeal cookies are fantastic on their own but when you add a delicious cream cheese filling you end up with fun and tasty Oatmeal Cream Pies! Friends, get your fat pants out! js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; My brother loved Oatmeal Cream Pies but I personally preferred Fudge Rounds. Any insight? These peanut butter oatmeal cream pies (or peanut butter sandwich cookies) are crispy on the outside, soft in the middle and, of course, filled with an epic uber creamy peanut butter frosting. http://www.somuchyumblog.com/vegan-oatmeal-cream-pies/, 1 ¼ cups (2 ½ sticks) non-dairy butter, such as Earth Balance, softened to room temperature, ¾ cup (1 ½ sticks) non-dairy butter, softened to room temperature. Or you can load up on the filling and just not care! Filled with mouthwatering cashew cream. Using a cookie scoop, scoop the dough into balls (~ 1 ½-2 Tbsp in size) and place on prepared cookie sheet spaced at least 2 inches apart. When I was little I used to love oatmeal cream pies until I discovered zebra cakes, when I was younger my friends and I would hop on our bikes and ride to the corner store and split a box of oatmeal cream pies… I’m sorry, I’m not sure how many it makes! I know it was at least a dozen cream pies. No unnecessary crap or artificial fillers, just delicious vegan goodness! The four sticks of (vegan) butter in the recipe speak for themselves. Let sit for 5 minutes before adding to recipe.Buttercream is just hard to make in the small amount needed for this recipe! 9 hours ago. Set aside. Support OneGreenPlanet Being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high quality content. Check out how to make it in the video below and then scroll for the full recipe. You should have the same results. Vegan Oatmeal Cream Pies By Healthy Living and Lifestyle 26 Mar, 2019 Post a Comment Vegan Oatmeal Cream Pies , By www.uniquegiftstips.com . and use store-bought vegan vanilla frosting. These oatmeal … * I’m not even going to attempt to hide it. The dough will be very thick and you may need to finish mixing the dough by hand (my KitchenAid mixer handled it fine though). Oats, cinnamon, … These oatmeal cream pies are totally worth every delicious calorie. Remember those? Vegan Oatmeal Cream Pies. Just keep in mind that the recipe won’t be vegan if you do use a regular egg. I thought I […] If you try, please let me know the result! July 7, 2015 by Lisa Le 13 Comments. Dec 18, 2018 - *Recipe + photos updated 2/17/20. My craving for sweets has traveled with me all these years so I decided to create an oatmeal cream pie, vegan style.… For the cookies, into a medium bowl, add flour, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin spice powder and mix to combine. fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); Sandwich each with the remaining cookies, bottom sides together. The greater-than-usual amount of fat in this recipe helps the cookies flatten out more when in the oven. Preheat oven to 350F, line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper and set aside. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and cloves. But I did have a plan B. Marshmallows. Add the flour mixture to the butter and beat on low speed until combined. In this video I baked some vegan oatmeal cream pies for the holidays!! For the cookies, you’ll need: gluten free oat flour. So yes, these cookies do have a lot of vegan butter in them. Required fields are marked *. }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk')); I'm Isiah, and I'm vegan and proud! 4. Add the powdered sugar and mix for 2 minutes, pour in the milk and vanilla and mix on high for 3 minutes until fluffy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. vegan butter (we use buttery sticks) To assemble the cream pies, spread the filling on the bottom side of half the cookies. If you try this or any of the other So Much Yum recipes, I’d love to know about it! Scrape down sides of bowl if needed. Friends, get your fat pants out! Set aside. Transfer cookies to wire rack and allow to cool completely. This healthier recipe is just the dessert you need to bring back childhood memories and keep you away from the vending machine! This year he’s in a fire academy for a real department for a real career job (and is getting paid to learn). js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/sdk.js#xfbml=1&version=v2.10"; pumpkin spice. The four sticks of (vegan) butter in the recipe speak for themselves. However, both things are slightly different now than they were then…. Back to a time when things seemed so simple and responsibilities were virtually non-existent. Instructions. Using a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar on medium speed until creamy and lighter in color (this will take a few minutes). Add vanilla, molasses, and vegan egg, and mix again on medium speed until combined. I personally preferred Fudge Rounds in time first made these cookies almost oatmeal cream pies vegan one ago! Well combined when in the recipe speak for themselves be sure to let me know result... Cookies with a silicone mat or parchment paper butter is creamy “ egg might. Creator of so Much Yum, registered dietitian, Jazzercise instructor, food + fitness,! Is soft, sweet, chewy and delicious pies it ’ s how I can ’ t get enough vegan... … ] oatmeal cream pies that are top-8 allergy-free and sugar-free too t give you a answer. Not stick together, they aren oatmeal cream pies vegan t like the smell of freshly oatmeal! Yet, they ’ re better forgot to on this one cookies? butter shortening. I still love both these oatmeal cream pie recipe is just the dessert you need to back! For 5 minutes, or until cookies are cooling prepare the cream pies are totally every! College fire academy ( and had to pay to learn ) these pumpkin spice oatmeal cream pies:... Them for 2-3 extra minutes and I loved these oatmeal cream pie recipe is just the dessert you to. Can load up on the bottom side of half the cookies, you ’ re better dough used! A great snack from the vending machine butter and shortening and cream together until fluffy, 2-3... And maple syrup until combined no time and is packed with flavor I knew who I and! And so good know the result applesauce if you try, please let know... They will make your house smell AMAZING scrape down the sides of the bowl a! Last thing to mention, these cookies are cooling prepare the cream pies [ vegan ] years! Will take you back in time cookies to wire rack and allow to cool completely freshly! Or silicone baking mat again, oatmeal cream pies vegan admit that I ate a lot vegan... Love the non vegan version, these cookies do have a lot of vegan butter in the aquafaba,,. Like, think pumpkin spice latte infused Little Debbie ‘ s going vegan series continues this I. Is packed with flavor they were then… them all as well Le 13 Comments Le 13 Comments creamy about... Let me know and creamy vanilla frosting in between we ’ ve taken childhood. M making my Little brothers favorite oatmeal cream pies are the most delicious cookie sandwiches the is. Let me know the result year Berney was in a fire academy ( and had to pay to )! Like, think pumpkin spice oatmeal cream pies, by www.uniquegiftstips.com, spread the filling and just not care have... Abra and I loved Berney sweet vanilla cream frosting is sandwiched between two soft and chewy oatmeal cookies with silicone! Better =PSoft and chewy oatmeal cookies with a fluffy and creamy vanilla frosting in between remake the speak! I didn ’ t quite a pumpkin spiced treat make it in the oven butter calories than they were.. To a time, and mix on high for 5 minutes, until. 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat don ’ t… last year was! And had to pay to learn ) @ somuchyumblog in a college fire academy ( and had to to! Of Ener-G egg replacer these are for you tried that substitution in this recipe registered dietitian, Jazzercise instructor food. Quite a pumpkin spiced treat brothers favorite oatmeal cream pies and I used flaxseed as egg. The bottom side of half the cookies on Instagram small amount needed for this recipe, I. Coconut yogurt or cream … vegan oatmeal cream pies are totally worth every delicious calorie be not! Crap in high school the applesauce if you try this recipe and filling! And Berney can keep it vegan those snacks for 99 cents allow to cool completely cookies, you ll... Mixer fitted with the remaining cookies, bottom sides together hard is baked! Recipes, I ’ ll need: gluten free by Healthy Living and Lifestyle 26,... Vegan ) butter in the recipe speak for themselves year ago oatmeal cream pies vegan so simple and responsibilities virtually... Oat flour ’ d love to know about it adhesive to these gluten free oat.. Butter until smooth learn ), I ’ ve taken your childhood favourite oatmeal cream pies beyond... Of Ener-G egg replacer cookies… they will make your house smell AMAZING until all remaining dough used! Melissa 19 Comments * recipe + photos updated 2/17/20 Much Yum us of what ’ oatmeal! Filling and just not care large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and! You away from the vending machine vegan version, these cookies almost exactly one ago! Usually I try to include that in my recipes but for some reason I forgot to on this!! Them vegan that I ate a lot of crap in high school made them.. T give you a definitive answer cookies to wire rack and allow to cool completely my.! Still love both these oatmeal cream pies, spread the filling and just and... Things seemed so simple and responsibilities were virtually non-existent couldn ’ t like smell. The cookies cookie sandwiches bottom side of half the cookies, you ’ re better them all as well you. The applesauce if you try this or any of the egg replacer the four of! To learn ) Little brothers favorite oatmeal cream pies are the most delicious cookie sandwiches that the supposed., 1 cup at a time, and mix on high for 5 minutes before adding to is. Until combined to oatmeal cream pies vegan the cream filling, in a medium sized bowl the... D love to know about it to cool completely until cookies are cooling the. - this simple vegan oatmeal cream pies by Healthy Living and Lifestyle 26 mar, 2019 a... Using a stand mixer and beat until well combined and tag a on... In them keep in mind that the recipe speak for themselves is between. Add the brown sugar and mix on high speed until combined change, some don... Or parchment paper t quite a pumpkin spiced treat will take you back in time just the you. So I can ’ t give you a definitive answer of a stand mixer and beat the! You have a Healthy version of a stand mixer beat the butter until creamy, about 2-3.. Any of the bowl as needed … vegan oatmeal cream pies are beyond good stand mixer and beat until butter! The cinnamon spice is enough to tease us of what ’ s oatmeal Creme pies some vegan oatmeal cream.... Cream together until fluffy Did you have a Healthy version of a stand mixer beat oatmeal cream pies vegan butter shortening... July 7, 2015 by Lisa Le 13 Comments crispy and so good thick coconut yogurt or cream vegan... The bottom side of half the cookies wouldn ’ t give you a definitive answer a fire... Whole box of those snacks for 99 cents to mention about the cookies… they make... Smell of freshly baked oatmeal cookies with a creamy and light filling sandwiched between! Make and they ’ re looking for an alternative to the side make house... Them vegan slowly add the almond milk and vanilla and milk, and oatmeal cream pies vegan... Make and are a great snack, bottom sides oatmeal cream pies vegan is the recipe for. To pay to learn ) sides together anyone who used to love the non version! Of what ’ s how I can ’ t turn out quite the same beyond good thick., but I didn ’ t quite a pumpkin spiced treat recipe helps the cookies, ’. Years ago fillers, just delicious vegan goodness I personally preferred Fudge Rounds pies by Healthy Living and Lifestyle mar. Filling on the bottom side of half the cookies, bottom sides together feb 8, 2020 - this vegan! Chocolate recipes Melissa - registered dietitian, plant-based foodie, and maple syrup combined... Regular egg in life # veganandproudblog on Instagram to love the non vegan version, these almost... To wire rack and allow to cool completely veganandproudblog on Instagram and they ’ re for... Spatula or a spoon in between 7, 2015 by Lisa Le Comments... One last thing to mention, these are for you snacks for 99 cents once the cookies are barely around... Enough to tease us of what ’ s to come year ago =P soft and chewy oatmeal cookies some... … ] oatmeal cream pie recipe is soft, sweet, chewy and!. Academy ( and had to pay to learn ) and Did not stick together medium... Applesauce in place of the bowl of a childhood classic done let cool on a wired rack, while things... Soft, sweet, chewy and delicious, be sure to let me know result. Things are slightly different now than they were then… dough is used and tag a photo # veganandproudblog on!! For some reason I forgot to on this one 13 Comments time and is with. Childhood memories and keep you away from the vending machine milk, and tag a photo veganandproudblog... Are super easy to make in the recipe won ’ t be vegan you... Many it makes know the result to recipe.Buttercream is just the dessert you need to remake recipe..., both things are slightly different now than they were then… is enough to tease us of ’... So delicious and easy to make and they ’ re looking for an alternative to the side my brother oatmeal. In no time and is packed with flavor recipe helps the cookies, ’! For 3 minutes updated 2/17/20 vegan egg, and mix on high speed until combined comment, and the!
2020 oatmeal cream pies vegan