The murderous cephalopod had been sharing an aquarium with several dogfish sharks until staff kept finding the dead, mutilated bodies of the fish at the bottom of the tank. The octopus would wrestle the sharks, often turning them upside down so they become paralysed, and then gorging on their flesh before it had enough of their bodies and dumping them before moving on. In fact, it was also in Seattle, at the Seattle Aquarium, that a giant Pacific octopus was filmed killing a shark a few years ago. The Giant Pacific Octopus is happiest more than 6,000 feet below the surface of the ocean, swimming among the dark and murky depths. Algae octopus — 50+ gallons. www.FreeScienceLectures.com The giant octopus is extremely common throughout the Pacific North West and they held a regular spot on display of the Seattle Aquarium over the years. It's not the first time that octopus have made a dogfish shark their dinner - but it seems the Seattle Giant Pacific had some additional help. The murderous cephalopod had been sharing an aquarium with several dogfish sharks until staff kept finding the dead, mutilated bodies of the fish at the bottom of the tank. The Giant Pacific Octopus has a very particular choice of snack, The octopus targets sharks if they swim to closely to eat, It turns them upside down so they're paralysed and then feasts on them, Subscribe to Daily Mirror and Sunday Mirror newspapers, Mirror newsletter - all the biggest stories with everything you need to know in one email, Second largest shark in the world measuring 26ft spotted swimming off popular beach, Great Big Football Lockdown Survey: Tell us your views on football's restart, Asian Hornets: What the terrifying insects are and what to do if you spot one in the UK, Naughty goats take over town during coronavirus lockdown - even police can't stop them, Fisherman's epic tug of war with three sharks as they battle over huge fish, Avonmouth explosion: Four killed in 'major incident' at water treatment works, A major incident was declared following the blast at a water treatment facility at around 11.20am today. It looks like one of the most terrifying beasts of the deep - the Giant Pacific Octopus can be 20feet long and reach speeds of up to 25mph. Megalodon Shark Tooth Embedded in Whale Vertebra: Real or Fake? Rescue teams have found no trace of the 37-year-old hiker despite using drones, helicopters and dogs for eight days, The three ways you'll know if you're in line to get the new coronavirus vaccine on NHS, The government has announced who will get the jab as a priority - but how will you know if it's time to get vaccinated? Learn about the giant Pacific octopus exhibit at the Monterey Bay Aquarium. Using its arms as legs, the ocotopus can also crawl slowly along the bottom of the sea and despite its giant size, this octopus can fit into incredibly small spaces. The jab doses are already in the country, Tom Fletcher breaks Christmas promise to wife Giovanna while she's in I'm A Celeb camp, Tom Fletcher has admitted that he's broken a promise he made to wife and I'm A Celeb star Giovanna, AJ Pritchard quit Strictly over 'gruelling' days - but his mum let slip hidden motive, I'm A Celebrity star AJ Pritchard walked away from Strictly Come Dancing after four years and said viewers 'didn't see his true personality', Gareth Bale and Tottenham told his Premier League return 'is not working', There was plenty of excitement surrounding Gareth Bale's return to Tottenham in the summer but the forward, on loan from Real Madrid, has struggled for game time, I'm A Celeb 'fix' claims as fans suggest Jordan 'knew' AJ was leaving after odd remark, AJ Pritchard and Mo Farah became the latest stars to leave Gwrych Castle - but I'm A Celebrity fans have been speculating that the campmates already knew the vote result, Tess Daly gushes she's proud of I'm A Celeb's Vernon Kay as she pines for him, Tess Daly praised her husband Vernon Kay for making her "so proud" in the I'm A Celeb camp - but without him at home she's been left in tears and suffering sleepless nights, Strictly's Giovanni Pernice wants to dance with Piers Morgan 'to destroy his confidence', EXCLUSIVE: Though the dance pro is doing well in the current show with GMB’s Ranvir Singh, he's keen to bring Piers out on the dance floor, I'm A Celeb's Jordan North's 'other job' with unexpected best friend, Jordan North is a fan favourite in this year's I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here, but listeners of his podcast Help I Sexted My Boss have been laughing along with him and his best pal for years, Fans return to Premier League grounds for first time as 2,000 supporters flock to watch Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium, Arsenal became the first Premier League club to host fans since March on Thursday night, as 2000 supporters returned to the Emirates Stadium, Mum loses husband, home and job after 'gentle' son dies of secret drug problem, EXCLUSIVE: Marie Daniels, from Shrewsbury, Shropshire, was shocked to discover after her son Daniel's death from a drugs overdose that he had stripped his uni room bare and emptied his bank account, Kate Middleton and William's new Christmas plans as they can't spend day with Queen, Kate Middleton, Prince William, Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis won't be able to spend Christmas with the Queen this year, but they've got some other exciting plans to look forward, Brit hiker missing in Pyrenees 'could have been attacked' with boyfriend 'very worried', EXCLUSIVE: Esther Dingley has been missing in the Pyrenees for more than a week.
2020 octopus eats shark in aquarium