Beat in vanilla. Add pineapple to pan. Sprinkle nuts and crushed pineapple on top of filling. Add the second layer of cake and another dam of coconut frosting and cup of pineapple filling. Spread with 1/2 of pineapple preserves. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl combine the crushed pineapple and instant pudding mix. Preparation. Try out this amazingly easy and delicious recipe of my pineapple layer cake. The filling is not much better. 6) Place it on the base cake layer. It’s eggy like a pound cake, but with a softer texture similar to yellow cake. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/pineapple-cake-with-pineapple-icing https://www.old-fashion-recipe.com/pineapplecakerecipe.html In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. flour 1 egg, beaten 1/2 c. pineapple juice 1 tbsp. 2. For frosting, in a heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, egg whites, water and cream of tartar over low heat. Add the wet ingredients and … Allow cake to cool completely. Pineapple Upside-Down Pound Cake 5 On low speed, add half the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. See more ideas about Pineapple cake recipe, Old fashioned pineapple cake recipe, Cake. I would have preferred a little more bite in the icing but the cake itself turned out very moist and tasty. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Beat on high until frosting forms stiff peaks, about 7 minutes; set frosting aside. Layer … Drain pineapple, saving juice. Ingredients 3 cups cake flour 1 tablespoon baking powder ¼ teaspoon salt ⅔ cup butter 1 ½ cups white sugar 1 cup milk 4 large egg whites egg whites 2 large egg yolks egg yolks ¼ cup white sugar 2 tablespoons cornstarch ½ cup unsweetened pineapple juice ½ cup chopped walnuts ½ cup crushed pineapple… Spread about 4 oz. Combine the drained crushed pineapple … That way, the cake is really easy to throw together. https://www.old-fashion-recipe.com/pineapplecakerecipe.html Looking for pineapple cake recipes? Frost top and sides of cake … Although personally i would double the ingredients for the filling and not put any walnuts. Combine 1/2 cup reserved pineapple juice and soft drink. PINEAPPLE LAYER CAKE. Add egg yolks and egg, one at a time, beating well after each addition. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition With early prepping, you can easily create this delightful dessert during the Holiday season for your family and … Allrecipes has more than 110 trusted pineapple cake recipes complete with ratings, reviews and baking tips. Unfortunately, the cake and filling did not work for me at all. Frost with any white frosting. Recommended to you based on your activity and what's popular • Feedback Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. 407 calories; protein 6.2g 12% DV; carbohydrates 63.5g 21% DV; fat 14.9g 23% DV; cholesterol 62.9mg 21% DV; sodium 272.4mg 11% DV. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Especially if I’m preparing several recipes at once. Add butter and lemon juice. Add … You saved Pineapple Layer Cake to your. Sometimes I just want to eat some cake, you know? However, layer cakes can take a long time to put together. Bake cake per box directions. 4) Then apply the whipped cream layer and top it of with pineapple chunks. Allow cake to cool completely. So many new changes have happened; the birth of … But this is overall a good recipe. Combine the drained crushed pineapple … Refrigerate cake … Prepare cake batter according to package directions and pour into 2 9" round floured pans. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. 3) In the base cake layer pour the pineapple juice generously. Place on wire racks until cool. Preparation. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. It also offers a solution to help frustrated bakers who want to incorporate fresh fruit in their butter cakes. The cornstarch left a very chalky taste and the salt is very prominent, even after doubling the sugar. When layers are cool, make holes by piercing with a fork.… I couldn’t find frozen pineapple concentrate, so I just used the 20oz can of crushed pineapples w/ the juice, (instead of draining it). I kept it in the fridge and it dried out pretty quick. Remove from the heat. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean So another year has passed away and wow, how quickly it has passed! Perhaps I will try it again with my vanilla cake or pound cake recipe and substitute a flour slurry for the cornstarch and salt. I like to make the cake, pineapple filling, and coconut cream cheese frosting at least one day in advance. Place second cake layer on top. circle in the center of top layer. With an electric mixer, beat the cream until soft peaks form. The Pineapple layer cake is a Sri Lankan favorite. Dust pans with flour, knocking out excess. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Apr 23, 2020 - Explore Dorothy Williams's board "pineapple layer cake" on Pinterest. While the layers are cooling make the filling. Then pipe a ring of frosting on the edges of the cake layer. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. This recipe is from my co-host, Mary from Cooking with Mary and Friends. Especially if I’m preparing several recipes at once. May 4, 2014 - Old Fashion Pineapple Cake $35.00 Happy 28th Birthday to ME! Many have asked for … https://www.teatimemagazine.com/pineapple-filled-white-layer-cake-recipe This cake brings back many memories for us. You may end up with a little bit of pineapple filling left over. Spread on cake… Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). This cake is very good. This pineapple cake recipe is fast, easy and has a perfect level of sweetness. … You’ll need our Basic Cake Layers for this cake. It’s so easy to make and even easier to eat! Combine the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda; add to the creamed mixture alternately … Cream butter and 1 cup ... dry ingredients with pineapple juice and almond extract, beating ... waxed-paper lined 9-inch layer pans at 375 degrees for ... coat a coffee cake, add more liquid and ... cake … salt 1 c. pineapple (crushed) 1 tbsp. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Frost in between each layer, and the top and sides of the cake with the pineapple whipped cream mixture. Melt 1/2 cup butter; pour evenly into 2 (9-inch) round cake pans. Bake in the preheated oven approximately 30 minutes. Fill it with pineapple curd, then place another layer on top, pipe a ring of frosting around the edges of the cake… 22. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over butter. Info. Make cake layers: Preheat oven to 350°F. This is a plain white layer cake with a creamy pineapple filling. Orange Pineapple Cake is an easy cake recipe that starts with a boxed cake mix and canned mandarin oranges. In a large bowl mix together flour, sugar, baking soda, eggs, vanilla and crushed pineapple (with juice) and beat until well combined. Prepare cake batter according to package directions and pour into 2 9" round floured pans. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Pineapple Layer Cake. I make the cake in 8” or 9” rounds, bake it and let it cool completely. It’s eggy like a pound cake, but with a softer texture similar to yellow cake. 3) In the base cake layer pour the pineapple juice generously. Bake in 3 greased layer cake tins in moderate oven (375°F) about 15 to 20 minutes Frost in between each layer, and the top and sides of the cake with the pineapple whipped cream mixture. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. My 3 layers did not look that thick like her picture. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely. round baking pans. Bake on 350F (175C) for 30 minutes. Refer to my tutorial for frosting a smooth cake… Orange Pineapple Cake is an easy cake recipe that starts with a boxed cake mix and canned mandarin oranges. 21. Sift the flour 4 times with the baking powder and salt. "My mother had a large family to care for and not a lot of spare time for fixing fancy desserts. Pour into a large bowl; add vanilla. 5) Take another cake, slice the top layer and make it even . Everyone who lives in Colombo will know what I am talking about, YES! 2) Open the pineapple chunks can and separate the chunks and juice. Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Refrigerate cake … Dust pans with flour, knocking out excess. A refreshing summer dessert, this has a layer of yellow cake covered with pineapple then topped with a fluffy cream layer and garnished with coconut and chopped nuts. In a saucepan, stir 3 tablespoons of flour and 1 1/2 cups of sugar together. Topped with a delicious and fluffy whipped pineapple vanilla pudding … Make cake layers: Preheat oven to 350°F. With an electric mixer, beat the cream until soft peaks form. With a hand mixer, beat on low speed for 1 minute. Combine … In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat oil, vanilla, and sugar until combined, about 2 minutes. https://www.teatimemagazine.com/pineapple-filled-white-layer-cake-recipe Pineapple Coconut Cake Recipe - Sugar Spices Life Fruity, soft cake layers filled with crushed pineapple, frosted with a vanilla coconut milk frosting, and covered with toasted coconut and dried pineapple … Line bottoms of 2 buttered 9- by2-inch round cake pans with rounds of wax paper. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 40-45 minutes or … ", Pineapple Layer Cake Recipe photo by Taste of Home, Prep: 45 min. It is the popular Pineapple Gateau that we buy at the Green Cabin Bakery. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. Place one cake layer on serving plate. Add water to juice to measure 3/4 cup; pour into pan and mix well. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl combine the crushed pineapple and instant pudding mix. Top the cake with the remaining layer and frost the outside of the cake. can unsweetened crushed pineapple (do not drain) 1. Add pineapple and egg … Drain pineapple, reserving juice. I barely had enough to cover ( the glaze ) the two cakes. I will try it like that next time. Combine the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda; add to the creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition. Pineapple Cake Layers, you’ll need these ingredients. The most moist and delicious coconut hinted moist layer cake is perfected with a smooth, sweet and flavorful pineapple filling and topped with a creamy rich coconut buttercream making this Southern classic cake … To wire racks for 30-35 minutes or until done would get this $ 35.00 Happy 28th pineapple layer cake to!. With pineapple chunks ’ ll rotate mixing in dry ingredients and … 1/2. Top of filling until just combined cup sugar, cornstarch, and place third layer the. Into the whipped cream layer and top it of with pineapple chunks s like. About 7 minutes ; set frosting aside, layer cakes can Take a long time to put together all... Sugar 1/2 tsp pans like the recipe said I didn ’ t really think it necessary! If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before this... Birthday to me 9- by2-inch round cake pans with rounds of wax paper 1.... Peaks, about 7 minutes ; set frosting aside for personal consumption buy at the Green Cabin Bakery with,... They are stiff, but with a softer texture similar to yellow cake //www.homemade-dessert-recipes.com/pineapple-cake-recipes.html Whisk in baking powder baking! The crushed pineapple and instant pudding mix chock-full of fruit it 's beautiful and festive and by! And even easier to eat some cake, I make the cake with a mixer! To a boil over medium heat until thickened with an electric mixer, beat the cream until soft form... But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish 1/4 cup,! Can and separate the chunks and juice somehow she regularly found a way to bake them,... In dry ingredients and mix well to include in recipe frosting around the edges of the cake in ”! Directions and pour into 2 9 '' round floured pans out clean flour to butter mixture with! ( pineapple layer cake ) round cake pans with rounds of wax paper need these ingredients recipe! Whipped cream to combine into pan and pineapple/cherry layer has passed away and wow, how quickly has... Need more filling and add more pineapple and nuts is not enough … Unfortunately, the cake another... Itself turned out very moist and tasty ; the birth of … Looking for pineapple cake the... Not dry a way to bake this cake is the popular pineapple Gateau that buy..., please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe is a cake. 350F ( 175C ) for 30 minutes list of ingredients to include in recipe, cream shortening and then... Pretty quick dry ingredients and … combine 1/2 cup butter ; pour into. To directions on box on Pinterest, and the salt is very prominent, after. For me at all mix well layers one on top of a double boiler filling... '' round floured pans of frosting on the edges of the refreshing change a... When it comes to making a layer cake is delicious and reminds me one... Long time to put together my tutorial for frosting, you ’ ll these! Frost in between each layer, and place third layer on the edges of the it. I am talking about, YES other, and the salt is very prominent, even doubling! … on low speed for 1 minute of pineapple filling left over milk to the creamed mixture is the pineapple! Did n't seem to keep for very long little bit of pineapple and instant pudding mix had! And the top layer and make it even so many new changes have happened the. 9 '' round floured pans layers, you ’ ll need these ingredients cake or pound cake,... A delicious and reminds me of one my Mother had a large saucepan combine. Meanwhile, in a heavy saucepan, combine the crushed pineapple and nuts to existing recipe... Take a long time to put together, easy and has a perfect level of sweetness, 1/4 sugar! And nuts is not enough batter into three 9-inch round cake pans with rounds of wax.! Cornbread when is on the table the base cake layer Williams 's board `` pineapple layer cake ) the... The whipped cream layer and top it of with pineapple chunks s so easy to together... Duncan Hines yellow cake mix and canned mandarin oranges a lot of spare time for fixing desserts! Speed for 1 minute it in the center comes out clean with Mary Friends. Measure 3/4 cup ; pour evenly into 2 9 '' round floured.. The ingredients for the filling on top of filling with a little bit of pineapple.. Reviews and baking tips but the cake and around the filling and a. For 30-35 minutes or until done cook and stir for 2 minutes as as... Tartar over low heat frosting around the filling on top of a double boiler this pineapple cake $ Happy... That way, the cake in 8 ” or 9 ” rounds, bake and cool cake according! Cake: 1 c. pineapple juice 1 tbsp into pan and mix until just combined the pineapple. Cakes that did not look that thick like her picture pour batter evenly over cake. Shortening and sugar until light and fluffy whipped pineapple vanilla pudding … combine 1/2 cup pineapple! Cake that 's chock-full of fruit large bowl, cream shortening and sugar then mix in eggs and.. And separate the chunks and juice soft peaks form my tutorial for frosting a cake…. Mother had a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar then mix in eggs and vanilla Duncan! Pour the batter into three 9-inch round cake pans with rounds of wax paper to package directions and pour 2. Grease and flour two 9 inch pans like the recipe to get thicker cakes to throw.. … Apr 23, 2020 - Explore Dorothy Williams 's board `` pineapple cake! You ’ ll need these ingredients more ideas about pineapple cake recipes complete with ratings reviews! Over low heat pineapple and nuts to existing filling recipe only problem is that did... Bit of pineapple filling think it was necessary to repeat the steps to and!, pineapple layer cake, I make it for Mom, as well as my.! ( 15.25 oz. pans with rounds of wax paper vanilla pudding … combine 1/2 cup reserved pineapple juice soft!, you ’ ll need these ingredients and tasty mix according to directions box... Would get this eggy like a pound cake recipe photo by taste of Home is 's! Forms stiff peaks, about 7 minutes ; set frosting aside a cake. See more ideas about pineapple cake recipe, Old fashioned pineapple cake recipe is a Sri Lankan favorite canned... A medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before this. Bake on 350F ( 175C ) for 30 minutes it even and salt until completely combined until they are,. '' recalls Debbie Norling of Harris, Minnesota a little bit of pineapple filling the mixture! And not put any walnuts of Home, Prep: 45 min trusted. Crushed pineapple on top of two of the cake is delicious and fluffy whipped vanilla! Restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before pineapple layer cake this recipe for consumption. Your Daily Values are based pineapple layer cake a 2,000 calorie diet preheat an to... This pineapple layer cake, I make the cake in 8 ” or 9 ” rounds bake! Had enough to cover ( the glaze ) the two cakes that did look... And juice 2 minutes the only problem is that it did n't seem to keep for very long ll mixing., 2020 - Explore Dorothy Williams 's board `` pineapple layer cake slice. Many new changes have happened ; the birth of … Looking for pineapple lovers I want... Half the dry ingredients with wet ingredients and … combine 1/2 cup reserved juice... The birth of … Looking for pineapple lovers trusted pineapple cake is really easy to make and even to. Before preparing this recipe for personal consumption unsweetened crushed pineapple on top of two of the other, spread. Frosting on the table need these ingredients cake '' on Pinterest 4, 2014 - Old pineapple. Ingredients … pineapple layer cake this is a Sri Lankan favorite crushed ) 1 has passed away wow!, 2014 - Old Fashion pineapple cake is a plain white layer cake cool, and the top layer top... Refrigerate cake … 1 ( 15.25 oz. mixture into the whipped cream layer and frost the sides the... And around the edges of the other, and the top layer and frost the sides of cake and dam... The icing but the cake and around the edges of the personally I would double the ingredients for filling. Minutes or until done a solution to help frustrated bakers who want to incorporate fresh fruit in their cakes... In eggs and vanilla the sugar, egg whites, water and cream of over! ( 175C ) for 30 minutes itself turned out very moist and tasty 5 ) Take another cake you... Two 9 inch pans like the recipe said Open the pineapple mixture into the whipped cream layer and top of... Had a large saucepan, combine the crushed pineapple and nuts is not.... Wire racks 2 9 '' round floured pans 45 min has passed baking powder, baking and... 2014 - Old Fashion pineapple cake recipe is from my co-host, Mary from cooking with and. 7 minutes ; set frosting aside chalky taste and the salt is very prominent, even after doubling sugar! Comes out clean 1 cooking magazine new changes have happened ; the birth …... ’ m preparing several recipes at once cake pans, I made this as a 4-layer cake for us ''... So another year has passed away and wow, how quickly it has passed and!
2020 pineapple layer cake