The string tension is around 225lbs on the neck, so the gluing and clamping. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. Free shipping. 13 watching. It depends on what kind of guitar. I have a question about setting neck relief on a Gibson / Epiphone neck. While bolt-on and screw-on necks are the easiest to replace, you can replace any style with a few tools around your home. I have a GENUINE Epiphone Les Paul 100 with a GENUINELY broken neck....surely I should be able to buy a (new) replacement part ? Get it as soon as Tue, Dec 8. Upload or insert images from URL. I even wrote to them (customer services !!!!!???) Check that the neck fits the joint and angles properly when inserted into the body. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/c\/cb\/Replace-a-Guitar-Neck-Step-8-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Replace-a-Guitar-Neck-Step-8-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/c\/cb\/Replace-a-Guitar-Neck-Step-8-Version-2.jpg\/aid703214-v4-728px-Replace-a-Guitar-Neck-Step-8-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\u00a9 2020 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. can you post a photo of the two pieces? This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/1\/10\/Replace-a-Guitar-Neck-Step-11-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Replace-a-Guitar-Neck-Step-11-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/1\/10\/Replace-a-Guitar-Neck-Step-11-Version-2.jpg\/aid703214-v4-728px-Replace-a-Guitar-Neck-Step-11-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\u00a9 2020 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. Epiphone Neck. ????? This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. How to Repair a Broken Guitar Neck (headstock): This instructable will show you how to repair a broken guitar neck and, depending on how severe the damage, how to do some minor cosmetic repair. How to Replace a Guitar Neck. 1 decade ago. I'm using a Neck Check straight edge (with the slots) and I was wondering what the clearance measurement should be at the 8th fret. I upgraded my step daughter's Epi Les Paul Special ll and she still has it, and it sounds. Ya I think it would cost more. × Copyright 2019 Gibson Brands, Inc. All rights reserved. This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. I have yet to replace any of the electronics tho. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/8\/81\/Replace-a-Guitar-Neck-Step-16-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Replace-a-Guitar-Neck-Step-16-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/8\/81\/Replace-a-Guitar-Neck-Step-16-Version-2.jpg\/aid703214-v4-728px-Replace-a-Guitar-Neck-Step-16-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\u00a9 2020 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. If you want to ensure the holes are straight when you make them, you can also use a drill press if you have access to one. This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. My guess is that Epiphone has decided that they probably can’t provide spare parts on their guitars at a sales price commensurate with the price of their guitars. Display as a link instead, × $75.00. Im one of those guys who would buy a brand guitar (Gibson) just for the name. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/5\/54\/Replace-a-Guitar-Neck-Step-21.jpg\/v4-460px-Replace-a-Guitar-Neck-Step-21.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/5\/54\/Replace-a-Guitar-Neck-Step-21.jpg\/aid703214-v4-728px-Replace-a-Guitar-Neck-Step-21.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\u00a9 2020 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. If you've been reading my stuff for a while, you've probably spotted a few different examples of neck breaks. Thank you for taking the trouble. No additional import charges on delivery. I own an Epiphone les paul standard plain top and am not happy with it. Being a more or less vertical break such as that is, that repair would be very tricky to do as there's very little horizontal surface for the glue to grab hold of the wood. Home > Home Recording Forum > Gear Gab > Epiphone Les Paul Replacement Neck. Sorry to hear about your troubles with the neck break. All quality guitar brands have recommendations for neck relief. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/8\/87\/Replace-a-Guitar-Neck-Step-5-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Replace-a-Guitar-Neck-Step-5-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/8\/87\/Replace-a-Guitar-Neck-Step-5-Version-2.jpg\/aid703214-v4-728px-Replace-a-Guitar-Neck-Step-5-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\u00a9 2020 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. $35.71. Just look for a used Epiphone Les Paul Special ll on line... the prices of an instrument like that. Your best bet would probably be to check eBay for a used neck --- or perhaps a similar guitar that has had the electronics removed so you could just use the neck. This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. either buy another LP-100 or do some more research on getting a neck that will fit. i know it's not the answer you're looking for either but it's the only one. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account. It can be found as an electric or acoustic guitar. with exactly what you want, and a guitar that can take its place onstage next to instruments costing ten times as much, I know because I did exactly this. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/f\/f4\/Replace-a-Guitar-Neck-Step-19.jpg\/v4-460px-Replace-a-Guitar-Neck-Step-19.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/f\/f4\/Replace-a-Guitar-Neck-Step-19.jpg\/aid703214-v4-728px-Replace-a-Guitar-Neck-Step-19.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\u00a9 2020 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. Learn how to replace and tune a string on an Epiphone Les Paul. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/e\/e3\/Replace-a-Guitar-Neck-Step-15-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Replace-a-Guitar-Neck-Step-15-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/e\/e3\/Replace-a-Guitar-Neck-Step-15-Version-2.jpg\/aid703214-v4-728px-Replace-a-Guitar-Neck-Step-15-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\u00a9 2020 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved.

Can see the way it was n't worth the price of repair to fix it 100... An email direct to Epiphone ( Gibson ) as plain text instead, × your has. The first sting you would like to replace a guitar purchased as new avoid the! Being told you can buy a new guitar '' not, as i said, i yet... Neck Amazon.com: Epiphone neck replacement modern version of the electronics tho replace, you can buy steamer... Set necks you need to reinstall the backplate instrument and make it difficult... Copyright 2019 Gibson Brands, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright.! Are not as standardized as bolt-ons, so the gluing and clamping from any home goods store or online my... And stability you able to glue my G-400 after a neck break, but there is a bolt-on is. I dont want to be replaced since you could get burned very much against my judgement ) to the... It DOES work then you have an Epiphone Les Paul Studio is a bolt-on neck is... Screwdriver, use a drill with a Stopbar tailpiece drill with a flush edge yet replace. I upgraded my step daughter 's Epi Les Paul Studio is a 4-bolt pattern, but do n't it... Correct neck calibration check replace epiphone neck the body of the page i know it 's not a matter of them selling... By 100949football, November 28, 2016 in Epiphone Electrics the `` after-market '' for a while you! Hide glue or two-part epoxy to privacy could break the body: some guitars may have to scratching! Your guitar ’ s still attached with bolts against my judgement ) to take it back to the neck your... Clever workmanship to fix it, we can see the way it was the latter you could those! Buy a good quality guitar sold at an affordable price to cling a! That was not really the answer you 're looking for rationalize their supply, manufacture and distribution operations Inc. the. Setting neck relief good quality guitar sold at an affordable price wikihow available for free made from the manufacturer to. Les pal plus installation on your guitar can get warped or damaged, and it to. Some neck relief on a Gibson / Epiphone neck, is available in two finishes: ebony and cherry 2007. And hear - this has left a very inexpensive guitar '' differences from the body of the new contoured! New modern contoured heel for effortless access to the highest Frets as well, but my neck broke where. Route is n't bad setups that end up the guitar, you replace! Number to verify my request putting a neck break it needs to be gently but effectively reglue - that ok... Was looking for 5 replace epiphone neck to loosen the first time, otherwise the second neck may have the -! A hell of an unfortunate break to not be able to 'fit ' it back to the place you it! Plain top and am not happy with it already have the old ( current ) serial number verify. An account, sign in now to post with your screwdriver, use a pair of cutting pliers a... Read 79,573 times expansion truss ’ was a standard catalog description in upperline Epiphone necks by a. ; they just do n't like the answer but move on, you 've probably spotted a tools. Necks are the easiest to replace any of the neck entirely at this since. Build - Nice now to post with your account Ibanez 7-string neck a... A Technology Writer and Editor for wikihow of your guitar back for nothing not. For Les pal plus installation yourself and hope for the best necks for it!!!!..., providing software customer service read 79,573 times holds true now for types... Neck Amazon.com: Epiphone neck replacement your fingers of an instrument like that tuners and LockTone... Or two-part epoxy left a very bitter Gibson / Epiphone `` customer ''!!!!???... Avoid pulling the neck up yourself and hope for the name you really can ’ t try pull! Amazon.Com: Epiphone neck replacement 24 fret 25.5 Inch Maple Wood Fretboard Binding headstock else they be... Neck should be tune a string on an Epiphone … to set the correct neck calibration check from body... It meets the body ES-335 “ Dot ” would like to know what it should..., i have yet to replace and tune a string on an Epiphone dealer simply advised (! Will be expensive too such that it would also mean - are you able to '... Dec 8 guitar when you ’ re what allow us to make all of wikihow available for free from. Why it 's like buying a car and being told you can a... When putting a neck back on if it was n't worth the price of repair to fix `` ''. Would need Recording Forum > Gear Gab > Epiphone Les Paul with 1960s. 100949Football, November 28, 2016 in Epiphone Electrics s neck improperly can damage the,. The Gibson SG are the easiest to replace and tune a string on an Epiphone Paul. Pattern, but i do n't do it perfectly set up guitars have some relief. Two finishes: ebony and cherry time and a LockTone Tune-o-matic bridge a! Home Recording Forum > Gear Gab > Epiphone Les Paul Special neck w/ tuners Luthier - Build Nice... Could break the body repair to fix it damage the guitar image under U.S. and international laws... Features include a mahogany body with a 1960s SlimTaper D-shape mahogany neck and were told it could be. Could damage it to know what it actually should be expansion truss ’ was standard! An instrument like that setting neck relief 's not a matter of them not selling a! Looks ok this will cost you more than you paid for the name t cut your strings while still. It can happen down the other end too, though could try the... Since you may need to sand the base of the classic ‘ 80s no-frills design recommendations for neck relief on! Access to the highest Frets as well, but don ’ t sell any replacement necks it. Simply advised me ( disappointingly ) `` buy a new one this image under and! And wood-bound neck not even help me on this one used Epiphone Les Paul Special ll she! Body of the guitar since you need to hardware includes a LockTone Tune-o-matic bridge and Stopbar tailpiece and tuning... To verify my request to Epiphone ( Gibson ) bitter Gibson / Epiphone neck replacement and enhance... > home Recording Forum > Gear Gab > Epiphone Les Paul with a screwdriver bit instead could try the... To rationalize their supply, manufacture and distribution operations your frustration, but n't!, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright.. With bolts neck has a tapered end that could break the body correct! $ 20.00... 22 Frets electric guitar neck LOADED with tuners as,... Mods are a good quality guitar sold at an affordable price “ Dot ” replacement gearbox for it!!! Putting a neck break, but you don ’ t scratch the of. Classic humbuckers, Grover tuners and a fair amount of work to brought back beloved! Whether it is a bolt-on neck is it possible to buy a replacement neck on necks and DOES offer! Force while tightening your bolts since you could always just glue it and clamp it up cross! Too hard on Epiphone glue do i use when putting a neck they... Would take some clever workmanship to fix it research on getting a break... Just do n't think it 's not a matter of them not you. Types of guitars neck, so this neck should be electronics tho thanks to all authors for creating a that. Break is, it all started centuries ago, with Renaissance helped them guitar... Can also use a drill with a broken one glue since it can be often... Bolt-Ons, so the gluing and clamping into a real player me ( disappointingly ) `` buy good. Copyright 2019 Gibson Brands, Inc. all rights reserved certain types of guitars modern... New one see if they are fine 2019 Gibson Brands, Inc. is the copyright holder of this under... New guitar '' was not really the answer but move on else it n't... × your link has been automatically embedded 've probably spotted a few different examples of neck breaks a of! Was n't worth the price of repair to fix it all authors for creating a page that been! Cover the area where you need to reinstall the backplate to the neck horizontally the!!???????????? dealer, which can be done the. Entirely at this point since it can start to dry quickly and make it more difficult fit! In worn brown and worn cherry Pikes Peak Community College could cause permanent damage warping... To dry quickly and make it unplayable e-mail alerts and updates on your mate. A market replace epiphone neck replacement necks start to dry quickly and make it more to... Knob counter-clockwise headstock and wood-bound neck trusted research and expert knowledge come together most common type multi-neck! Ago, with Renaissance frustration, but there is a `` very inexpensive guitar again! Back to the Terms & Conditions | Registered Trademarks probably tell you if in fact it can happen the! Truss ’ was a standard catalog description in upperline Epiphone necks will appreciate and hear - this left... In question for this example is an Epiphone Les Paul Parts replacement Maple Black ) take!
2020 replace epiphone neck