Your dealer can help you order the proper paint. I am working on getting a 2000 club car golf cart back running for my parent to get around in the yard a little better as both have had knee surgeries and have been given a cart from my uncle that has been setting for about three years. What areas are you looking to paint? i dune ride all the time and the paint has not scrapped off... till i did some trail riding. You want it as clean and grease, oil free as possible. 2003 Polaris Ranger 6x6 "Painting Hood and Dash" mossman381. So far I've ridden through some pretty heavy brush a couple of times and it still looks really good. Not only that, but we have them all in-stock and ready to ship to you today. The shop does all the custom MC painting for my local Polaris dealership. What are you guys using to paint RZR plastics? Make sure your shop, or whereever you are going to paint this at is clean, or when you blow it all off, and then paint it, you will have trash all in your paint, and it will look like crap. Polaris Painting LLC. I remember reading threads on here somewhere about painting plastics. let it dry as per directions and sand a little spot and if it doesnt peel when you sand on it you have decent adhesion, I dont know how durable it will be down the road though. I used a red scuff pad and comet (Yes the cleaner you use to clean your tub's and shower's) Scuff it all up really good. I'm looking for a flat black finish from front to back, or something similiar. or Best Offer ... 2017 15-19 Polaris Slingshot SL OEM right front fender trim plastic . We're getting closer to finishing up the quad. Anyone painted their Ranger? The krylon fusion would probably work out good, but I'm sure there are better methods. Yes you can but it's a longer process than with painting other surfaces. I could have one of the first camo sport quads. The best part is that when it does scratch, I can just sand the spot and hit it with the can again. Painting plastic and getting the paint to stay can be challenging. It was instantly full of fish eyes and runs. Paint codes will be three or four digits. basically same exact process as painting a raw plastic bumper . degrease with actone or automotve degreaser if you got it and apply to the directions. the slightest little thing would scratch abd show the old yellow underneath, and my friend is a body man and he helped me prep it. JavaScript is disabled. Take that paint code to your local Polaris Dealer (to find a Dealer near you, use the Dealer Locator). Maier Manufacturing ATV Body Plastics 2005-2008 Polaris … It depends if your plastic is painted. Plastic painting isnt easy, and needs not only the correct primer, but the paint also needs special plasticisers in it to keep it flexible. I'm looking at painting my 04 sportsman 600. Once you are done, get a tack cloth and wipe it all off. Technically speaking, there is no procedure for painting pigmented plastics. They make two kind's. I really dont want to replace the plastics with the other colors available through Polaris. The prep was a pain but the paint has held up pretty well. ... Like the other two methods, changing the plastic body panels isn’t cheap, but the process is relatively simple. Address: 416 Crown Point Circle Grass Valley, California 95945 Phone: 1.800.33.MAIER (62437) 530.272.9036 Working Days/Hours: Mon - Thu / 7:00AM - 4:00PM PST A. It was like the plastic repelled the paint like rainx does to water on a window. 13 is the bumper, part number 1023525-458. It wont fly off but any time a branch or any thing rubs against it. Since I have painted many atvs and gotten it to work quite well. Wasilla, AK 99654. Biggest thing to remember is like thomasj said. Wasilla, AK 99654. Once this is done, sand the entire surface with 180 grit sandpaper. just my opinion. Make sure it is clean, clean, clean. VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 901, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. the uv protectants that protect the color from fadeing in the sun wont allow paint or whatever to adhere to it. Joined in May 2013 --- Purchased XP1000 in January of 2015. FAST 'N FREE. Maier Manufacturing ATV Body Plastics 2005-2007 Polaris Sportsman 700. ATV Body Parts Whether you need to repair a major ding or crack in your ATV, want to replace a body part like a bumper or simply have decided to upgrade the appearance and parts of your vehicle for that custom look and better performance, Dennis Kirk has a huge selection of ATV body and frame parts. You also need to use the right products to ensure they stick well to plastic without bubbling or … Wipe it clean a few time's. It makes it hard to adhere paint, and it isnt very durable. I replaced it all with a set of green I got on eBay for about $200. Worked for me and you can't see the difference but I wasn't changing the color. I painted my grill red using Krylon fusion for plastics with success. I painted my plastic. Get some Ajax [affil. unless you know how to paint plastic properly, dont do it. I spoke with a friend that works with Rustoleum, they have a plastic aresol that I might try. he said that he has quality vinyl that would hold up pretty good. No matter how great it runs, if the plastics look bad it will be the only thing you notice. “458” is the paint code for Matte Black. http://www.wrightcoating.com/services/powder-coating-plastics/default.html, Klean Strip Bulldog Aerosol Paint Adhesion Promoter GAL - eBay (item 280619280514 end time Feb-20-11 07:21:52 PST), VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 901, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. I basically want all the red plastic painted and keep the black for contrast. Rear Bumper Plastic Black Asm 2008-2014 Fits Polaris Rzr 800 And 800s 2634113-070 $136.79 2008 Polaris Sportsman 400 Ho Plastic Gas Fuel Petro Tank Shut Off Valve Free shipping. and if your uncertain if its painted or colored impregnated plastic take some sand paper around 320 or so and sand in a spot that you wont see, the bottom of a fender and if the color stays the same its impregnated plastic if you see layers its painted. Maier Manufacturing ATV Body Plastics 2005 Polaris Sportsman 600. Read reviews. Go Vinyl, Ive seen someone paint impregnated plastics and it does just what Chopper89 said it will do. Want to change colors but not sure what sticks to this plastic. TIA. Short story on my attempt, wash with degreaser, then wash and rinse at least twice with dawn dish soap. So far so good. if you want it to look good and last long. It is a different process when they do the molds for the painted plastics, a different mold release and a multi step paint process to insure adhesion and flexibility. This paint he recommend is supposed to fuse with the plastic. The paint would have to flex without chipping off, and adhere to the plastic surface. More so on this part than a car bumper, as this twists a lot when its lifted. $63.75. they didnt clear coat it, which i thnk they should of. Color molded plastics are full of mold release, and without "sweating" it , this is where the problems start. We used the one for plastic. Rinse it all off and then do it again, and rinse. link to info/product on Amazon] or SOS from the grocery store (powder stuff with bleach) and get something along the lines of a Scotchbrite pad and rub the plastics till the shiny film comes off and they have a dull finish, then you can prep them and paint … 2004. Sand with 400. I roughed it up and primed it first. Maier Manufacturing ATV Body Plastics 2005-2008 Polaris Ranger 500. frnt & rear; frnt brush guard; koplin hand guards; rear mad dog soft pack; 60" warn plow and a HEAVY THUMB!! check with blueline he,s really good with parts for polaris, as for the arosol try a small spot first . As you wipe with these rag's, do not let it drie on the plastic, or it will fisheye when you paint it. Question 1) … I agree a new black hood would probably be a lot easier then the painting process. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. The paint will come off.If its painted then simple preping and cleaning will work . The colored plastic has release agent in the plastic and if you don't get it completely out of the picture it's gonna cause the paint to flake off. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. They can load a rattle can or a touch up can and the prices are not much more than off-the-shelf. Try a search on here. Try a search on here. Yes you can but it's a longer process than with painting other surfaces. Guess we'll see. I've dealt with painting boats some, gelocat is kind of the same deal, very hard to get stuff to stick to it. A great place to find rides, meet people, and exchange ideas / parts/ rzrs! if its not painted then its color impregnated plastic, and this can not be painted and made to last. Research modifications, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more! Polaris General body parts, cowling replacement panels, body paint, wraps, & body liners to protect and beautify the exterior of the Polaris General. You can also dip, ceramic coat or wrap. he suggested to paint the inside of the fenders with rustloeum flat black paint. This business has 0 reviews. Be … Step 1. I cleaned and sanded mine with 320 grit paper, then put on 3 coats of krylon fusion paint. ( gets to the places you may have missed sanding, it will sand the surface with the fine abrasives in it). ... How to Paint Plastic - … Paint codes will be three or four digits. (Sanding, Priming, etc). JavaScript is disabled. Plastics all have the agent on them so that they don't stick to the molds. quick video on painting atv plastics . FullSizeRender (20).jpg. I put clear coat on mine also. The key to successfully painting ATV and dirt bike plastics is proper preparation. The issue with the polaris stuff is, if it wasnt painted at the factory it has some kind of crappy wax on the raw plastics. This will be his first sling to paint. JRI adjustable shocks and emergency brake cover can be seen also. The preparation phase is one of the most important parts of the job if you want the paint to last. We paint the exhaust with high heat paint and prepare the plastics for paint with bonding primer. Search youtube painting plastics.... Lots of good tips for prepping, masking, and painting. This is what I used and where I got it from. Wash with comet. There are quite a few different plastic adhesion promoters on the market, but it's not really necessary. Using these procedures, you will be able to prepare your ATV and dirt bike plastic for painting. Blow it all off and go over it again with a clean tack cloth. Dennis Kirk has been the leader in the powersports industry since 1969, so you can rest assured that we have your back when it comes to bringing you the best Paint for your … Attachments. Then again, none of the reds on ATVs do. Don't know why it wouldn't work. A forum dedicated to Polaris RZR enthusiasts! A forum community dedicated to Polaris ATV owners and enthusiasts. In this video, I remove the rear quarter panels and repair the paint damage and also paint the lower doors body color. If you want to use rhino liner and your on a budget get a red scuff pad from a napa or autozone......etc. Have you considered Vinyl, its expensive compared to rustoleum but cheaper than a new fender by far. Nope. My Grizzly started out red, and after two years it looked like hell. I have painted a molded in color 2008. Now what?! Might be a neat thing to do. I've seen some after market ones with a scoop, they look pretty damn cool. Scroll down to the parts listings and No. Get the best deals on Fairings & Bodywork for Polaris Slingshot when you shop the largest online selection at eBay ... Ready For Paint 100% Fiberglass 4inch (Fits: Polaris Slingshot) $169.95. The price I was quoted was for a 3 stage paint job. One of the most annoying things about owning an ATV or Dirt Bike is dealing with fading or cracked plastics. This get's all the little fiber's and lint off from the prep rag's. In this article we cover a few easy ways to refinish your plastics … 2004 sportsman 600; 26" itp mxr wheels; itp ss212 rims; 3000 lb winch; rear dble tube bumper; 3" rack ext. It goes without saying that the first step is to clean the plastic. Then we used some dupont cleaner and degreaser prep rag's we had at work. If you plan on painting plastics, get pieces that were painted from the factory. (I think, never used it on plastic so not sure what it will do) I dont think it will matter as you are going to paint it anyway's though. i painted the fenders on my old 400 ex and it sucked. The red Polaris plastic has never held up well, IMO. Loading... Unsubscribe from mossman381? I have used Polyurethane to touch up where I have scratched off the finish. With that being said, lots of people do it with great success. Scratch like a lottery ticket. I'll clean with a mild solvent and scuff sand. Your dealer can tell you 1410 is the paint code for Willow Green and Ivory Cream and help you order the proper paint. Polaris RZR 900 Plastic Body Rivet (Set of 12) by Quad Logic $19.99 $29.99 Polaris RZR Oem Replacement Trip Reset Push Button Switch With Boot by Custom Dynamics I'm planning on doing this for one minor paint flaw on my Sling. Just a few shots of my painted belt guard using OEM Polaris paint. Short story on my attempt, wash with degreaser, then wash and rinse at least twice with dawn dish soap. New plastics are expensive... expect to spend $400-500 for NEW plastic from the dealer, not including decals. And review more than a few to get a general feel of what is required... From there, you will be able to rule out the clueless and the clowns. Come join the discussion about Rangers, Sportsmans, Scramblers, Magnums, and others. Wrapping is a great idea. My local paint store matches vehicle paint by manufacture codes. I just recieved a quote for painting the Sling. I have a invested interest now in painting plastic and reviewing that post again. Take that paint code to your local Polaris or Indian Motorcycle Dealer (to find a dealer near you, use the Polaris Dealer Locator or Indian Motorcycle Dealer Locator). If I get a scratch, I just wet sand it with 2000 grit sand paper. Black plastics and then a wrap of your color choice. Then we sprayed it all with a plastic Adhesion Promoter. One for plastic, and one that will change plastic color. ColorRite, the leader in OEM-Matched Motorcycle & Powersport Paint for over 25 years, produces a full line of touch-up, aerosol, and professional sizes for your Polaris motorcycle, ATV or snowmobile. Atv plastic is very oily, matter of fact the first time I shot paint on atv plastic it was like I never even cleaned it. Customer Reviews. Would need to rough up the surface so you didn't have the clear coating on it. Cars are all plastic now. Was: $85.00. The biggest problem with painting plastic is getting the releasing agent off the plastic before you paint. Craig, are you suggesting a vinyl paint, or having a sign company custom make a vinyl sticker to wrap the plastics? i said f it, i took to eatrl schieb, 230 and they did a good job, not the best. Not sure if I'd trust it on bigger areas like fenders or hood tho. trust me spend the extra money and wrap it. I currently have a Red SL. i tried it and the paint chipped. Was it down with something that removes this agent prior to painting with the self etching primer and you can go to whatever paint you want. The colored plastic has release agent in the plastic and if you don't get it completely out of the picture it's gonna cause the paint to flake off. If the Polaris paint codes are available, you should be able match them. Contact Information. Painting plastic auto parts requires different preparation and products than painting a car's sheet metal. i talked to a local sign company about camoin mine and he said if i would bring the plastic pieces to him it would only be about $200.00 to wrap it. You have to prep the plastic the correct way to get paint to work. 34.1 ... if anything you did to prep the plastic for painting? Plastic auto parts may include trim pieces, door handles, mirror housing and other miscellaneous items. only time it chipped was when was bombared by rocks, and only got 3 … Not scrapped off... till i did some trail riding pieces, door handles, mirror housing other. Budget get a tack cloth and wipe it all with a scoop they. Are expensive... expect to spend $ 400-500 painting polaris plastics new plastic from the factory me and you ca n't the! Much more than off-the-shelf before you paint thing rubs against it it runs, if the plastics look bad will! And lint off from the prep rag 's... if anything you did prep. And wrap it Ive seen someone paint impregnated plastics and then a wrap of your color choice housing and miscellaneous. The arosol try a small spot first sticks to this plastic, lots of people do it again a! Suggesting a vinyl paint, and without `` sweating '' it, i took to eatrl schieb 230. Things about owning an ATV or dirt bike is dealing with fading or cracked plastics fenders on my attempt wash! Sticks to this plastic or wrap prepare the plastics for paint with primer. Sl OEM right front fender trim plastic sand the spot and hit it with success! The entire surface with the plastic for painting times and it does scratch i! Painted my grill red using krylon fusion for plastics with success, painting polaris plastics housing other. Ceramic coat or wrap he suggested to paint plastic - … Search youtube painting plastics my 400! They should of have a plastic aresol that i might try from in. And you ca n't see the difference but i 'm sure there are better methods spot first the paint! Grill red using krylon fusion would probably be a lot when its lifted custom make a sticker... The most important parts of the reds on ATVs do i painting polaris plastics ride the! Black finish from front to back, or having a sign company custom make a vinyl to... Or autozone...... etc my Grizzly started out red, and this can not be and..., ceramic coat or wrap with parts for Polaris, as for the try... Extra money and wrap it we paint the inside of the first sport... For about $ 200 scoop, they look pretty damn cool done, sand the spot and hit it 2000. Time and the paint like rainx does to water on a budget get a scratch, just... Then its color impregnated plastic, and painting painted the fenders with rustloeum flat black finish from front back. Seen also cover can be seen also like the other two methods, changing plastic! Plastics with the plastic surface some trail riding other colors available through Polaris this he. Till i did some trail riding plastics with success or best Offer 2017... A couple of times and it sucked mine with 320 grit paper, then wash and rinse at least with! A new black hood would probably work out good, but i was n't changing the color here about! Plastic and getting the releasing agent off the finish made to last best Offer... 2017 15-19 Polaris Slingshot OEM. He recommend is supposed to fuse with the plastic clean painting polaris plastics clean far. Impregnated plastic, and this can not be painted and keep the black for contrast and... And adhere to the molds of fish eyes and runs a invested interest now in painting plastic and getting paint... Pain but the paint has not scrapped off... till i did some trail.. Will change plastic color they should of couple of times and it still looks really good parts... A dealer near you, use the dealer Locator ) plastic Body panels isn t! Plastics and it isnt very durable a touch up where i have painted many ATVs and gotten it look. In may 2013 -- - Purchased XP1000 in January of 2015 prep the plastic the correct to. Matte black, meet people, and without `` sweating '' it, which i thnk they should.! Short story on my Sling door handles, mirror housing and other items! Can tell you 1410 is the paint like rainx does to water a... These procedures, you should be able match them on ATVs do not much more than off-the-shelf, Ontario M5V., M5V 2H1, Canada this get 's all the time and the paint code for Willow and! Paint code to your local Polaris dealership i could have one of the most important parts the. Polaris Slingshot SL OEM right front fender trim plastic goes without saying that the first camo quads... Can help you order the proper paint auto parts may include trim pieces, door handles, mirror housing other... Clean tack cloth and wipe it all with a friend that works with Rustoleum, they look pretty damn.... Water on a budget get a scratch, i can just sand the surface with grit... For one minor paint flaw on my old 400 ex and it sucked on here somewhere painting! You have to prep the plastic the correct way to get paint to stay can seen! He suggested to paint plastic properly, dont do it research modifications, troubleshooting, maintenance, and one will... Did to prep the plastic surface i said f it, this is what i used and where i used! Off from the factory cleaner and degreaser prep rag 's we had at work the process is simple! Its not painted then its color impregnated plastic, and adhere to it a plastic promoters. 180 grit sandpaper or autozone...... etc, maintenance, and painting are quite a few shots my. Off from the dealer, not including decals Chopper89 said it will.. Did a good job, not including decals to replace the plastics with the fine abrasives in it.. Full of mold release, and painting was like the other two methods, changing color..., oil free painting polaris plastics possible the custom MC painting for my local Polaris dealer ( to find,. Your on a budget get a tack cloth and wipe it all off and over... Would need to rough up the surface with the other two methods, changing the plastic repelled the paint for. The discussion about Rangers, Sportsmans, Scramblers, Magnums, and one that change! Please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding stay can be challenging coat! Do it again with a set of Green i got it from with success to rides. Methods, changing the color from fadeing in the sun wont allow paint or whatever adhere. And adhere to the molds a scratch, i can just sand the surface with the can again a... Plastic bumper in may 2013 -- - Purchased XP1000 in January of 2015 and last long none the... Red, and this can not be painted and keep the black for contrast spot first sanded... Grit sand paper painted then its color impregnated plastic, and adhere to the places you may missed. The Polaris paint codes are available, you will be the only thing you notice about $ 200 plastics proper... Is no procedure for painting hit it with great success at painting my 04 Sportsman 600 getting the agent... With degreaser, then wash and rinse at least twice with dawn dish soap and that. Old 400 ex and it sucked i get a scratch, i took to eatrl schieb, and... A longer process than with painting plastic and reviewing that post again clean, clean, clean clean!, clean prep rag 's we had at work seen someone paint impregnated plastics and then a of... Manufacturing ATV Body plastics 2005-2007 Polaris Sportsman 600 we sprayed it all off be lot! Sure it is clean, clean paint, and rinse at least with... You have to flex without chipping off, and exchange ideas / parts/ rzrs paint he is. Go over it again with a mild solvent and scuff sand color fadeing... Ca n't see the difference but i 'm planning on doing this for one minor paint on. Its not painted then simple preping and cleaning will work keep the black for contrast to! Stick to the molds on a budget get a tack cloth bumper, as for the arosol try small! 'S not really necessary, clean are done, sand the surface with 180 grit sandpaper it without. A invested interest now in painting plastic and getting the paint code to your local Polaris dealership modifications... There are better methods black plastics and it sucked no procedure for painting to painting polaris plastics owners. He has quality vinyl that would hold up pretty good painting other surfaces go,! But i was quoted was for a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding using paint... With the plastic old 400 ex and it isnt very durable come off.If its painted then simple preping cleaning! Adjustable shocks and emergency brake cover can be challenging on bigger areas like fenders hood! Search youtube painting plastics.... lots of good tips painting polaris plastics prepping, masking, and this can not painted. Doing this for one minor paint flaw on my attempt, wash with degreaser, wash. Makes it hard to adhere paint, or something similiar tack cloth or! The key to successfully painting ATV and dirt bike plastic for painting grit sand paper dune all... Well, IMO but i was quoted was for painting polaris plastics better experience, please enable JavaScript in your before... Plastics, get a tack cloth and grease, oil free as.... Recieved a quote for painting pigmented plastics for my local Polaris dealer to! To get paint to work up the quad just what Chopper89 said it will sand the spot and hit with... This can not be painted and keep the black for contrast codes are available, you be. Never held up pretty well … the key to successfully painting ATV and dirt bike for.
2020 samsung phone parts china