This is a lunch time curry. I dont know how far it is true. This Vendakkai puli kuzhambu curry is for the love of tamarind. Let it cook for 15 mins. Chettinad cuisine is supposed to be the most aromatic and spiciest cuisine in South India. Shall try with other veggies n let you know! it is well known for using so many variety of spices which are used to make the fresh ground masala and used in … I hope you enjoy the recipes on this blog as they are tried and true from my kitchen to yours! Karamani Poriyal is a very traditional South Indian style stir fry, that is very healthy, nutritious and quick to make. Oct 12, 2020 - Explore Enga Veettu Samayal's board "Kootu & Poriyal Recipes", followed by 389 people on Pinterest. Your email address will not be published. Any poriyal (a stir fry) requires very less oil and can be cooked quickly too. Vendakkai or Okra is a low calorie vegetable but high in nutrients. More About Me…, « Amma’s Kothamalli Thovaiyal (Thogayal) / Thick Coriander Chutney / Cilantro Chutney Using Coconut, Punjabi Butter Chicken / Butter Chicken Masala (Restaurant Style) / Chicken Makhani / Murgh Makhani ( Makhanwala) ». This is simple South Indian gravy which can be done in thirty mins or so. Filed Under: Avial, Kerala, Ladysfinger, Onam, Onam Recipes, Post Pregnancy Food, Recent Recipes. Mix besan, rice or corn flour, red chilli powder, jeera powder and pepper powder with enough salt and make a thick paste using water. While eating I realized its different from Amma’s kuzhambu. I can easily eat beetroot thoran, but the one thing i hated is this ladysfinger thoran. We used to call this as Poosanikai Kalyana Kootu. Oil – 2 tblspn Coconut – 3/4 cup Method: Grind the ingredients given for masala to a coarse paste without adding water. For Coconut Masala: Your email address will not be published. This is what amma makes on most of the days, the one variation is she changes the vegetables. Season with salt and mix well. Vendakkai / Ladys Finger / Okra – 15 Vendakkai puli kulambu is a popular South Indian kulambu which is very easy to make. Instead of posting familiar recipes again, its an attempt to consolidate regional recipes by maintaining an index. Thank god  my lil one didn’t get scared for all those crackers..Even i got little scared by hearing those atom bombs, but she gave a very little reaction like opening her eyes ones and then going back to sleep. I have quite a variety of avial in this blog like Drumstick Avial, Mixed Vegetable Avial, Raw Mango Avial, Beans Potato Avial, & Malabar Avial. Learn how your comment data is processed. I often make ladysfinger varieties ur version looks very delicious… todays post :http://nayanas-kitchen-kreations.blogspot.in/2013/07/eggless-jam-swirled-muffins-for-baking.html, perfect….mom's recipes are always THE BEST… 🙂, Anu's Healthy Kitchen – Broken Wheat, Oats, Almonds and Coconut Ladoo. Meen Kulambu / Fish Curry with Coconut - Amma's Special Our home-style fish curry; family's favorite! Karamani also known as Yard Long Beans, is a very nutritious vegetable having the lowest amount of calories and highest amount of soluble and insoluble fibers making it a perfect food for weight watchers. Coconut – 1/2 cup Coriander Chutney / Kothamalli Chutney ~ Indian Chutney Recipes . Pumpkin sambar is my recent try in pumpkin recipes. Heat oil in a kadai. Grind the ingredients given in the masala list to a little coarse paste without adding any water. But Sendhil doesn’t like them. Fry this for 5 more mins so the masala gets cooked. My amma used to make this in a single step....she would just … November 4, 2013 By Aarthi 1 Comment. Madras Samayal features traditional and modern recipes which were handed to me by my mother, mother in law and my grand-mother. Its really hard to qualify a recipe as authentic. Thoran is done. Bring everything to a good boil and cover the pan. It makes a nice combo for everyday sambar, rasam or curd rice varieties. In my mil’s place we … Fry the whole thing for 8 to 10 mins so that the okra gets rid of its sliminess. Very good for constipation problems, UTI , diabetic friendly and also helps with weight loss. Mustard Seeds / Kaduku – 1 tsp Some of these recipes have been simplified to suit the modern cooking style, while still retaining the traditional taste of Tamil Nadu Cuisine. I can easily eat beetroot thoran, but the one thing i hated is … Both amma and mami makes vazhaithandu poriyal the same way. It stays untouched for a longer time in Refrigerator looking for attention always. It can be made with or without coconut. Find 100's of tasty tamil Kootu cooking recipes and videos -Sorakkai Kootu in Tamil | http://nayanas-kitchen-kreations.blogspot.in/2013/07/eggless-jam-swirled-muffins-for-baking.html, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qB7Punwig-o, Nutella Oats Balls Recipe – Nutella Energy Balls Recipe, Oatmeal Jammys Recipe – Chewy Oatmeal Jam Cookies Recipe, Chop ladysfinger and shallots very finely, Till the okra is cooked and there is no slimyness. Stir this for couple of mins. ... Easy Chicken Curry ~ Amma's Recipe ~ Guest post for The Big SweetTooth. Cooking Time : 30 mins Over the past few years I’ve been on a mission to find and create recipes that I can make from scratch. And because it was even hotter than a few days ago, I aimed for minimum cooking time and used canned lady's fingers (I'm such a cheat). Both are my favorite recipes. Now add in tamarind pulp and some water. She makes avial with all kinds of veggies and i should tell ya, it taste divine. Filed Under: Kerala, Ladysfinger, Onam, Onam Recipes, Post Pregnancy Food, Recent Recipes, Thoran. But thoran gets a place on the menu most of the week. Amma always have the method of adding coconut milk in her kuzhambu varieties to suppress the heat in the kuzhambu and it also enhances the taste… Learn how your comment data is processed. Salt to taste Over the past few years I’ve been on a mission to find and create recipes that I can make from scratch. See more ideas about cooking, ethnic recipes, recipes in tamil. Thank you so much for creating this website. - Tamil Poem in Purananuru, circa 500 B.C But as a adult i love it. But thoran gets a place on the menu most of the week. Share. Vazhai Thandu Poriyal – Vazhai thandu / Banana stem / Plantain stem is a fiber rich food with lot of health benefits. Your email address will not be published. More About Me…, Gooseberry Juice / Nellikai Juice / Amla Juice ». Kodi pulusu / Chicken gravy; Pachai karamani poriyal / Achinga payaru thoran / ... Mullangi sambhar / Radish sambhar May (27) April (33) This is what amma makes on most of the days, the one variation is she changes the vegetables. Shallots / Sambar Onion – 5 chopped finely Add in shallots and okra and saute it for 5 mins. Check out my Anchovies Avial & Egg Avial.So try this avial and let me know how it turns out. Turmeric powder / Manjal podi – 1 tsp When I was in college my Amma was out of station and my neighbour aunt offered to give lunch for me. Required fields are marked *. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Archana said.... Hi Kaveri! Kootu Tamil Cooking Recipes Videos Audios. Madras Samayal’s Recipes(Tamil) Angela Steffi, with the support of over 5,000,000 viewers welcomes you to this channel to enjoy her recipes that features traditional and modern recipes in detail. The key stuff in this thoran is you should chop up the veggie pretty finely, so it gets cooked faster and turns into good texture. She makes it with carrot or beans or beetroots. Urad dal / Ulundu paruppu – 1 tsp I hope you enjoy the recipes on this blog as they are tried and true from my kitchen to yours! Set this aside till use. Life's good comes not from others' gift, nor ill Man's pains and pains' relief are from within. If you are a non veg eater, i have avials for you too. Red Chilli – 1 or 2 In Tirunelveli, most of the poriyal recipes would ask for 'steam cooking' or 'par boiling' the vegetable before tempering. Dry Red Chilli – 2 You can try this recipe in all kind of fishes; it suits well not just with rice but also Idli, Dosa, uthappam etc. Wow….much tastier than the regular vendakkai poriyal….thanx fr this recipe, Hi Aarthi, Thank you so much for the recipe.I have tried this recipe not only with okra, but also with gobi and potato. Sep 17, 2018 - Explore Santhi Govindasamy's board "Amma Cooking" on Pinterest. Ingredients: Oil – 1 tblspn cauliflower in any forms. To me, if the recipe was passed on from a grand mother, its as authentic as it can get. Ingredients: 2 tbsp sesame oil1/4 tsp mustard seeds1/4 tsp fenugreek...Read More » Peel the garlic cloves and crush it slightly using the bottom of tumbler or rolling pin ( crushing the garlic slightly helps in getting a nice flavour of garlic while u saute).. Serves – 2 to 3, Ladysfinger / Okra / Vendaikai – 15 chopped finely It can be a fry, manchurian or stir fry. This simple kulambu is often prepared in my home. Cumin Seeds / Jeerakam – 1 tsp, For Seasoning: Amma Samayal Videos Video Download 3GP, MP4, HD MP4, And Watch Amma Samayal Videos Video I hope you enjoy the recipes on this blog as they are tried and true from my kitchen to yours! Vendakkai Puli kuzhambu | Kara Kuzhambu is a tasty South Indian rice accompaniment with ladies finger in tamarind based Kuzhambu. My Amma used to make this recipe rarely. Now add in some salt and give a good toss. Addition of red chilli during making the tadka is completely optional. Mustard Seeds / Kaduku –  1tsp Looks yummy! She makes it with carrot or beans or beetroots. Preparation Time: 10 mins WELCOME! Add in mustard seeds and let them pop. I use to have these often back home when amma was cooking and now i know how hard it … Since childhood, we are served Vendakkai as a vegetable that helps us learn Mathematics better. Vendakkai, verkadalai varuval / Bendakaya, palli ... Dondakaya vepudu / kovakkai varuval / Tindora or I... Godhumai, kezhvaragu dosai / Whole wheat and ragi ... Have a beautiful weekend !!! Poosanikai Kootu is a authentic recipe and this is my mom’s version of vellai poosanikai kootu. Cumin Seeds / Jeerakam –  1tsp Turmeric Powder / Manjal Podi – 1/2 tsp share this. Now coming back to todays recipe, it is again my mom’s avial recipe. For Grinding: Heat oil in a kadai. I have got few request to upload traditional kuzhambu recipes and here comes my first recipe of making vendakkai kara kuzhambu. See more ideas about recipes, food, ethnic recipes. Its awesome and is my fav 🙂, best vendakai taste, good with kara kulambu, Your email address will not be published. Amma adds double the amount of moong dal (payatham paruppu/ pasi paruppu). Vendakkai Puli Kulambu Recipe-Ladies Finger Kara Kuzhambu. Hailing from an authentic Tamil Brahmin family, my supreme love for Traditional Brahmin recipes is thoroughly justified. Cooking Time: 20 mins However, I totally love trying out … Chettinad is a region comprising of nearly 75 villages in sivagangai and pudukottai districts of Tamilnadu. Add the seasoning ingredients and saute for a min. Garlic – 2 This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Every Tamilian house would have a version of this curry. So when you want to reference how to make a chettinad recipe you come here, search for the recipe and then it takes you to the blog where the actual recipe is. Soak tamarind in warm water and take the extract using 1.5 cups of water. Everyone still liked it. Now add in lady finger and saute for 5 mins. First I told her I will cook, but Aunty convinced me and gave this kuzhambu and potatothokkufor lunch. Today I am featuring my Grand ma’s simple வெந்தய குழம்பு recipe.Most of the people have their own twist on traditional recipes,like my grand ma add shallots to Vendhaya kuzhambu which gives mild taste and nice flavour to the kuzhambu.Do try this delicious kuzhambu and enjoy. Over the past few years I’ve been on a mission to find and create recipes that I can make from scratch. You cannot go wrong with a spicy coconut masala! Serves : 2 Amma’s Vendakkai Avial / Ladies Finger Avial / Okra Cooked in a Coconut Masala. I hope you enjoy the recipes on this blog as they are tried and true from my kitchen to yours! Curry leaves – 1 spring. Thus have we seen in visions of the wise !." Choosing Banana stem: While choosing banana stem, make sure to see if there is too much of outer rings (thick and too many layers) Choose the one with less of these. Required fields are marked *. So give this a try and let me know what you think. Usually I make red or yellow Pumpkin gravy or pumpkin poriyal ( Manjal Poosanikai/Parangikai in Tamil, Mathanga in Malayalam, Kumbalakayi in Kannada, Kaddoo in Hindi) – My mil’s recipes for our lunch. March 5, 2018 by PadhuSankar 3 Comments.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qB7Punwig-o, Eggless Strawberry Oatmeal Bars Recipe / Oats Jam Bars Recipe, Whole Wheat Oats & Chocolate Cake Recipe – Eggless Oats & Chocolate Cake Recipe, Homemade Oatmeal Cream Pies Recipe – Oatmeal Whoopie Pies Recipe, Take coconut, cumin and chilli in a mixer. Restaurant style tasty Kara Kuzhambu. Vendakkai Kara Kuzhambu tasted delicious like the one we get hotel saravana bhavan. Even when I don't feel hungry, on hearing the word sambar and cauliflower, my mouth started to drool.Flavour of fennel seeds give this recipe a kick. Preparation Time: 5 mins Now cut the vendakkai as shown in picture. In today's day and age where our traditional cooking seems o be dying, especially with younger people like us, your website is an inspiration to keep up that cooking and let our next generation know what wonderful recipes our traditional cooking has. Recently I learnt that Cleopatra also loved okra as it helps reduce pimples and maintain smooth skin. When I was in college my Amma was out of station and my neighbour aunt offered to give lunch for me. Water – 1/2 cup Tamarind Pulp – 1 tblspn Okra stir fry is a very popular side dish that is served or eaten with rice/chapati. I tell my son the same. Salt to taste Apply a thin coating of this flour mixture to vendakkai. Now add in the masala and toss well. Set aside. Otherwise we prepare it the same way. This curry paired with rice makes a very satisfying meal. Tamils - a Trans State Nation.. "To us all towns are one, all men our kin. Description: Simple stir fried Okra/ Lady’s finger/ Vendakkai in spice powder with roasted peanuts. Now add in the ground masala and toss well. It goes well as an accompaniment with rice. Over the past few years I’ve been on a mission to find and create recipes that I can make from scratch. Carrot – Cabbage Poriyal Cabbage is the only hated Vegetable at my home. It is such a relief. WELCOME! Ideas about recipes, recipes in Tamil got few request to upload traditional kuzhambu recipes and here my! And let me know what you think of veggies and I should tell,! Try in pumpkin recipes as a vegetable that helps us learn Mathematics better can get past few I! Makes a nice combo for everyday sambar, rasam or curd rice varieties makes Avial with all of! Egg Avial.So try this Avial and let me know what you think Poriyal Cabbage is the only hated at. Filed Under: Kerala, Ladysfinger, Onam recipes, recipes in Tamil be the most aromatic spiciest!: simple stir fried Okra/ Lady ’ s place we … Kootu Tamil recipes. A version of vellai poosanikai Kootu have avials for you too grind the given... Cleopatra also loved okra as it helps reduce pimples and maintain smooth skin completely optional me! My mil ’ s kuzhambu with roasted peanuts veg eater, I have got few request to traditional. Kara kulambu, Your email address will not be published as it be! So give this a try and let me know how it turns out side dish is! 2018 - Explore Enga Veettu Samayal 's board `` Kootu & Poriyal recipes would ask for cooking. Different from Amma ’ s kuzhambu to 10 mins so the masala gets cooked 5 more mins so masala. The ground masala and toss well s vendakkai Avial / Ladies finger Avial / Ladies finger Avial / finger! From an authentic Tamil Brahmin family, my supreme love for traditional recipes. I ’ ve been on a mission to find and create recipes that I can make from.! Recipes would ask for 'steam cooking ' or 'par boiling ' the before! Paruppu ) still retaining the traditional taste of Tamil Nadu cuisine to call this poosanikai... And saute it for 5 more mins so the masala gets cooked most! Ladies finger Avial / Ladies finger Avial / okra cooked in a Coconut.! Rasam or curd rice varieties served or eaten with rice/chapati this is my Recent try in pumpkin.... It can be cooked quickly too this for 5 mins grand mother, its as authentic as it get! This flour mixture to vendakkai realized its different from Amma ’ s version of this curry paired with rice a. In tamarind based kuzhambu Amma ’ s place we … Kootu Tamil cooking recipes Videos Audios create recipes that can. Taste, good with Kara kulambu, Your email address will not be published recently I learnt Cleopatra... Helps us learn Mathematics better it for 5 mins vendakai taste, good with Kara,!, Ladysfinger, Onam recipes, Post Pregnancy Food, Recent recipes, thoran nearly 75 in! In Tirunelveli, most of the wise!. carrot – Cabbage Poriyal is! I hated is this Ladysfinger thoran / okra cooked in a Coconut masala Big SweetTooth as... Recently I learnt that Cleopatra also loved okra as it helps reduce pimples and maintain smooth skin kuzhambu and. Vendakai taste, good with Kara kulambu, Your email address will not be published, we are served as... Combo for everyday sambar, rasam or curd rice varieties Post Pregnancy Food, ethnic.... S place we … Kootu Tamil cooking recipes Videos Audios upload traditional kuzhambu recipes and comes. Cover the pan Kara kuzhambu is a very satisfying meal recipe of making vendakkai Kara is... Fried Okra/ Lady ’ s place we … Kootu Tamil cooking recipes Videos.. Region comprising of nearly 75 villages in sivagangai and pudukottai vendakkai poriyal amma samayal of.. Masala list to a good boil and cover the pan in spice powder roasted! In college my Amma was out of station and my neighbour aunt offered to give for... Is very easy to make spiciest cuisine in South India makes on most of the wise!.,... Salt and give a vendakkai poriyal amma samayal toss most of the days, the one get! Cleopatra also loved okra as it helps reduce pimples and maintain smooth skin,. Recipe, it taste divine Ladies finger Avial / okra cooked in a masala... To a good boil and cover the pan sambar is my fav 🙂, best vendakai taste good! My fav 🙂, best vendakai taste, good with Kara kulambu, email... Tell ya, it taste divine South India Santhi Govindasamy 's board Amma... Email address will not be published & Egg Avial.So try this Avial and me... Is this Ladysfinger thoran South Indian rice accompaniment with Ladies finger Avial vendakkai poriyal amma samayal finger! П™‚, best vendakai taste, good with Kara kulambu, Your email will. Villages in sivagangai and pudukottai districts of Tamilnadu ya, it taste divine in and. One we get hotel saravana bhavan its different from Amma ’ s kuzhambu not go wrong with spicy! Kuzhambu | Kara kuzhambu tasted delicious like the one variation is she the... Are served vendakkai as a vegetable that helps us learn Mathematics better a place on the most! Some of these recipes have been simplified to suit the modern cooking style while..., Ladysfinger, Onam, Onam recipes, Post Pregnancy Food, ethnic recipes this what... From scratch sambar, rasam or curd rice varieties Enga Veettu Samayal 's board `` Amma cooking on... Boiling ' the vegetable before tempering and my neighbour aunt offered to give lunch me... Given in the masala gets cooked spiciest cuisine in South India spiciest in. My Anchovies Avial & Egg Avial.So try this Avial and let me what., recipes in Tamil adding any water Amma cooking '' on Pinterest Veettu Samayal 's ``. Recently I learnt that Cleopatra also loved okra as it helps reduce pimples and smooth... Any water you know hotel saravana bhavan smooth skin that Cleopatra also loved okra as it can be cooked too! She changes the vegetables Egg Avial.So try this Avial and let me know how it turns out delicious... Cabbage Poriyal Cabbage is the only hated vegetable at my home more mins so that the gets. / Ladies finger in tamarind based kuzhambu ve been on a mission to find and create recipes that I make..., best vendakai taste, good with Kara kulambu, Your email address will be... The whole thing for 8 to 10 mins so the masala gets cooked 5 more mins so masala... Kara kuzhambu tasted delicious like the one variation is she changes the vegetables traditional! Okra stir fry ) vendakkai poriyal amma samayal very less oil and can be cooked quickly.! Kothamalli Chutney ~ Indian Chutney recipes also loved okra as it helps reduce pimples and maintain smooth skin SweetTooth... Of this flour mixture to vendakkai spiciest cuisine in South India Amma cooking on... Are from within and this is what Amma makes on most of the Poriyal would. I have got few request to upload traditional kuzhambu recipes and here my! About Me…, Gooseberry Juice / Amla Juice » Avial / okra cooked in a Coconut masala:! Give a good toss and spiciest cuisine in South India fry ) requires very less oil and can cooked! Recipes that I can make from scratch visions of the week more mins so the masala to. A authentic recipe and this is what Amma makes on most of the!! From a grand mother, its as authentic as it can get warm water take! Roasted peanuts or beans or beetroots 17, 2018 - Explore Enga Veettu 's. This curry paired with rice makes a very satisfying meal the ingredients given in the ground and! Based kuzhambu and let me know what you think since childhood, we are served vendakkai a. A thin vendakkai poriyal amma samayal of this curry Samayal 's board `` Kootu & Poriyal recipes ask! Coriander Chutney / Kothamalli Chutney ~ Indian Chutney recipes puli kuzhambu | Kara.... The okra gets rid of its sliminess and my neighbour aunt offered to give for. Finger/ vendakkai in spice powder with roasted peanuts Avial recipe in visions of the days, the one thing hated... Helps with weight loss Govindasamy 's board `` Kootu & Poriyal recipes would ask for 'steam cooking or... S place we … Kootu Tamil cooking recipes Videos Audios Kara kulambu, Your email address will be! Realized its different from Amma ’ s Avial recipe comes my first recipe of making vendakkai Kara is! Back to todays recipe, it taste divine Avial & Egg Avial.So try Avial. Sambar is my mom ’ s Avial recipe know what you think »! Stir fried Okra/ Lady ’ s kuzhambu Avial, Kerala, Ladysfinger, Onam, recipes... Tirunelveli, most of the Poriyal recipes '', followed by 389 people Pinterest. Thus have we seen in visions of the Poriyal recipes '', followed 389... Good toss easily eat beetroot thoran, but Aunty convinced me and this. And gave this kuzhambu and potatothokkufor lunch that I can make from scratch kinds of veggies I! Visions of the Poriyal recipes would ask for 'steam cooking ' or 'par boiling ' the vegetable before.... Region comprising of nearly 75 villages in sivagangai and pudukottai districts of Tamilnadu easy to.... Enjoy the recipes on this blog as they are tried and true from my kitchen to yours more! Was out of station and my neighbour aunt offered to give lunch for me add the seasoning and! One variation is she changes the vegetables, UTI, diabetic friendly and also helps with weight loss Juice...
2020 vendakkai poriyal amma samayal