hit 60K miles(just about the time the It should be noted that these slow acceleration times are accompanied by a lot of engine and transmission whine. Getting it into 4-Lo was such a complicated procedure that Greg Anderson, the editor who finally managed to do it, doubted that the average driver would ever be able to figure it out. Metropolis and Adventurer limited editions arrive. Compare prices of all Land Rover Discovery's sold on CarsGuide over the last 6 months. Faults: Oil pump replaced, tie rods, new brakes, and door lock actuator. Chris Goffey takes a look at the 1998 Land Rover Discovery. This is my Land Rover Discovery Series II TD5. The fact that I saw so many of these things piloted by short moms with two or three kids really cracked me up. I'm not insanely tall, like our online editor, Greg Anderson, who can barely fold his towering six-foot five-inch frame into a Suburban. It pulls its weight well up dirt track hills, nicely appointed inside, easy to work on in the field, and really hard to roll over. The large wheel on the Discovery requires an excessive number of turns before the Discovery begins changing direction. Is it better to lease or buy a car? I think that I represent the middle ground when I say that the Land Rover Discovery is an impressive piece of machinery, but that it is simply too much for most people to cope with on a day-to-day basis. out what other owners paid for the Used 1998 Land Rover Discovery. If I were to build an on/off road auto this Discovery is very close to perfection. Third, the uncompromising nature of this vehicle is compelling. Their sticker prices are also less than half of the Discovery's. Though roomy enough, the Discovery holds fewer luxury fittings than might be expected in this price league. In the end, Edmund's staff was split over whether or not they liked the Rover. 1998: First year of ownership: 2010: Engine and transmission : Performance marks: 8 / 10: Reliability marks: 0 / 10: Comfort marks: 8 / 10: Dealer Service marks: 8 / 10: Running Costs … Land Rover Discovery 1998 Land Rover Discovery Colors: Land Rover. Acceleration is slow. If you expect to drive mainly around the suburbs rather than through the woods, the Discovery's high center of gravity and short wheelbase could be a drawback. Discovery. Although it bears more than a superficial resembla… Both brand new (0-3 years) and older Land Rover models (3-8 years) earned a low reliability rating, having been awarded just 1-star out of 5. It took two of our editors several attempts to get the Discovery into 4-Hi. The Insurance Institute of Highway Safety uses extensive crash tests to determine car safety. 8. An upright windshield combined with tall, comfortable front seats and large glass panes make it easy to see out of this truck, thereby making it simple to park in clogged parking lots and maneuver in close quarters. A full-size glovebox and four cupholders are included. I heard a lot of complaints about the windows and sunroofs either not rolling up or leaking. Both models get new rearview mirror-mounted map lights and a second row armrest; LSE models get wood interior trim, a leather-covered gearshift knob and a Harmon Kardon stereo. The Land Rover Discovery is a sensible choice only for those who need one vehicle to satisfy both work and serious play duties. This means that the Discovery accelerates to 60 mph in a leisurely 11.5 seconds. among other things a door lock In the last 3 months have replaced In urban America, the Discovery is all about prestige, and it doesn't come cheaply or conveniently. 1998 Land Rover Discovery Reviews: Read 6 candid owner reviews for the 1998 Land Rover Discovery. higher monthly payments, pay off the loan in full and keep the car for a few years. Introduced in April 1994, this compact 4X4 builds on a couple of Land Rover legends. Build quality is not perfect and so is reliability, but the design is great, both exterior and interior. Don't buy one if you're on a tight budget - the chances are that the purchase will be just the start of your spending. disappoints me. Kristoffer’s Land Rover: My 2000 Land Rover Discovery II has had more issues that I can count.It has minor leaks on everything, the window gear will eventually break on most of the windows including the sunroof, and there are factory flaws in many of the electrical systems. A little tight in the way back for shopping, but us "all consuming Americans", buy way too much crap any way. small quirks(cup holders, brakes, road Floodwater can get in and damage it irreparably. 1998 Land Rover Discovery LSE 4.0 Liter petrol from North America. How Reliable is the Land Rover Discovery? An automatic transmission is standard. In a rapidly developing market, changes were necessary. Doing so could save you hundreds or thousands of dollars. IMHO awesome. Summary: The best 4x4 by far. It came as no surprise, then, that my face lit up when I took delivery of the Land Rover Discovery. We receive lots of horror stories regarding Discovery reliability via e-mail, and Automobile magazine conducted a long-term test with a very troublesome 1995 model. It is a truck in the old-fashioned sense of the word. of over 6 million vehicles to find a cheap new, used, or certified pre-owned (CPO) 1998 Land Rover Discovery for With the Discovery 3, Land Rover's evergreen off-roader finally came of age. When maintained well (not cheap), the car should last a long time. First, outward visibility is exceptional. Research the 1998 Land Rover Discovery at cars.com and find specs, pricing, MPG, safety data, photos, videos, reviews and local inventory. find cheap prew-owned vehicles for sale near you. Warnings were given that the driver of the ML320 shouldn't attempt to go where the Land Rover was headed, but optimism prevailed over logic, as our intrepid editors soon found out. Reliability Index is brought to you by Warranty Direct. Roadholding is exceptional in any weather and terrain (British cars have the best suspensions). Changes for 1998 are limited to interior enhancements. This led two of our editors to head for the hills to tackle one of our staff's favorite off-road trails. Land Rover Discovery (1998 - 2004) Owner Reviews. I have owned my 1998 discovery 300tdi for close to 14 years. Used Cars How to Choose Prices & Deals Review Specs Photos ... safety, comfort, performance, fuel economy, reliability history and value. 1998. type of car you're interested in and then select a used car from our massive database to As mentioned previously, the Land Rover Discovery is all truck. I have spent my life in the company of tall people and have always gravitated toward those who are vertically enhanced. And from a financial perspective, it's true, provided you're willing to make 3233010 at Pinnacle House, A1 Barnet Way, Borehamwood, Herts, WD6 2XX and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, Register No.309075. General Comments: Although Land Rover is not known for it's reliability, my '98 Disco has performed quite well. Second, the cachet of the Land Rover name is hard to resist. Problem with your 1998 Land Rover Discovery? Be patient, it may take awhile. Passing power is similarly underwhelming. A ... A forum community dedicated to all Land Rover owners and enthusiasts. can be a less expensive option on a month-to-month basis. Edmunds' expert review of the Used 1998 Land Rover Discovery provides the latest look at trim-level features and specs, performance, safety, and comfort. Considering all the things. Of course, this means giving up that Land Rover cachet, but we think the $20,000 savings is worth it. Suspension ans steering bushes are prone to wear, so look for signs of perished rubber. They too are unyielding four-wheel drives that will take drivers across the wickedest terrain. The spare tire resides outside. The Discovery ranks 3rd in reliability out of 8 Land Rover models.Its overall PainRank ™ of 0.77 is based on relative complaint analysis from 4 owner complaints sent to CarComplaints.com over 7 model years.. new car every three years or so. The Discovery doesn't necessarily cost more than the other high-priced SUVs on the road, but it does command uncommon respect from those not used to seeing them on Pathfinder and Grand Cherokee-clogged avenues. When the first Discovery went on sale in 1989 it marked a fresh start for Land Rover and despite massive reliability issues sales held up amazingly well. Facelifted Discovery on sale, with new nose, improved dynamics. The Discovery has 2 generations and we'd recommend avoiding the 1st generation which runs from 1995–1998. Reliability Index is brought to you by Warranty Direct. Our only complaint about the brakes stem from the Discovery's tendency to pitch forward during our emergency braking maneuvers. It’s a large off road V8 it’s not a Honda. The Worst Land Rover Generation. Click to reveal details. However, it is spacious and seats up to seven in comfort. Great to drive at speed on the highway, to our surprise. Legendary off-road capabilities help make the aluminum-bodied Discovery an attractive choice, augmented by safety equipment. What to look for when buying a Land Rover Discovery 1998 - 2004, covering common problems to check for and overall vehicle reliability. The Discovery I was the vehicle used in the “Camel Trophy” which proved its reliability … Built in England, the Discovery also exhibits a distressing tendency toward reliability problems. Sorry, LR...gotta move Worse, this powerplant is rated for 13 mpg city/17 mpg highway, and that's with a light foot. Reliability Index is a trading style of Warranty Direct, a BNP Paribas Cardif brand. Our comprehensive reviews include detailed ratings on Price and Features, Design, Practicality, Engine, Fuel Consumption, Ownership, Driving & Safety. Besides that I have only done basic maintenance. Anniversary model because of the add. Review; Owner Reviews; Specs; For Sale; Used Prices; Lease deals; Filter by version: 60 owners have reviewed their car and noted advice on any problems they have experienced. because of the styling...which is still The driver and front passenger have adjustable lumbar supports and enjoy the benefits of dual-temperature control air conditioning. This is a disappointing score and one that many fans of the manufacturer will struggle with. The Discovery has a bouncy ride on almost all road surfaces, an engine that is geared for pulling stumps out of the ground, not racing along expressways; a high ground clearance for traversing rough terrain that makes it difficult to clamber aboard and switches, dials and control knobs that were tacked onto the dashboard and center console like an afterthought. It also costs too much money. Electrics can be knocked out altogether, once water has leaked into the fusebox. So when a heavily revised Disco appeared in 1998, billed as the Discovery 2, all those yummy mummies just couldn’t get enough of this boxy seven-seat SUV. A lack of suspension travel meant that the Mercedes was constantly lifting a wheel while traversing deep ruts and clawing for traction due to a lack of a locking differential and off-road tires. What mom would want to stand on tiptoe to get a child secured in the tall backseat of this thing? Go. Find a used Land Rover for sale - 5 great deals out of 18 listings starting at $8,589. This is an enthusiast's car, not an appliance. BNP Paribas Cardif Limited is a company, registered in England and Wales No. The Land Rover Discovery is a 77.4-inch tall vehicle that weighs 4465 pounds. It's easy to see what Wardlaw is talking about. I'm a tall guy; I have been all my life. that car buying is the way to go. The rearview mirror also features map lights for the first time. Learn more about the 1998 Land Rover Discovery. No doubt about it, the Discovery is one tall truck. What looked so easy in the Land Rover became very difficult in the ML320. Available styles include LE 4dr SUV AWD, 50th Anniversary 4dr SUV AWD, and LSE 4dr SUV AWD. There's almost an unspoken suggestion that if you are driving a Land Rover then there must be a Jag parked in the garage, too. Find out what your car is really worth in minutes. Fuel economy is antiquated. for our ratings thanks to millions of pounds they pay out every year in car repair bills. See our in-depth analysis of 40 car manufacturers... See Ratings. sale near. on. )but the reliability What did you expect? The driver sits high--three feet above the road surface. Edmunds shoppers get on average $235 more for their trade-in. Only a handful of options are available. Facelifted Discovery launched, based heavily on first-generation car. But the previous model can be horrifically unreliable and very costly to run, even if it is great in the mud and a brilliant towing vehicle. Review by Kieran Keyes Click to read full user review, Review by Mark Weston Click to read full user review, Review by Theodoros Taliadoros Click to read full user review, Review by Mark Rothwell Click to read full user review. She claimed she would immediately put one in her garage if she could afford it. Search for any car and find out how reliable we say it really is. Land Rover Discovery (1998-2004) ... With the Discovery 3, Land Rover's evergreen off-roader finally came of age. At Edmunds … Changes to the Discovery include interior trim enhancements for the LE and LSE. Get reliability information for the 2002 Land Rover Discovery from Consumer Reports, which combines extensive survey data and expert technical knowledge. A generation is a collection of years for a specific model where the design, parts, and manufacturing process mostly stay the same. Get the real truth from owners like you. The Discovery happens to be a leather-lined truck typically owned by wealthy people, but it makes no apologies for the fact that its intended purpose is for climbing the Rubicon Trail, not climbing the onramp of the Bloomingdale's parking lot. 1998 Land Rover Discovery vehicles have 16 reported problems.The most commonly reported 1998 Land Rover Discovery problem is: Door Won't Open Due to … View all 29 consumer vehicle reviews for the Used 1998 Land Rover Discovery on Edmunds, or submit your own review of the 1998 Discovery. Please enter a U.S. ZIP code to see vehicles for sale. It's guzzles diesel like you wouldn't believe and leaves me with no spare cash at the end of every month. Acceleration isn't bad, but is accompanied by gear noise and other aural annoyances. Ask most people and they'll probably tell you As an example, I can list countless friends and acquaintances that stand over six-feet tall. Beneath the hood of all models sits an aluminum 4.0-liter, 182-horsepower V8 engine. Axles, gearboxes and transfer casings are all prone to oil leaks; check for drips. The fact that a Discovery can ford a stream up to 19.7 inches deep isn't exactly a benefit when its primary duties involve driving to the office or the mall. It's also good if you're someone who likes to drive a Alternators fail because of faulty ECUs; ask a Land Rover dealer for a health check, which will highlight the problem. During my first encounter I didn't care much for the Land Rover, either. We lived with the Land Rover Discovery for two weeks with most of its duties confined to the tedium of suburban life. Check out Land Rover lease specialsCheck out Land Rover Discovery lease specials. Was initially attracted to the LR "If it aint broke then don't fix it" seemed to be Land Rover's design philosophy when approaching the Series II Discovery. But you can lift a front wheel every now and again. Ha ! Some, like Wardlaw, found it difficult to drive, lacking in friendliness and totally over-priced. We imagine that this slow ratio is to give the vehicle superior off-road performance, but we found it infuriating in the 'burbs. When I took the keys from editor-in-chief, Chris Wardlaw, however, he warned that I was going to hate the thing. Find a used certified pre-owned Land Rover for sale - 1 great deals out of 20 listings starting at $20,843. Score one for Land Rover -- our Discovery never put a foot wrong, and was a source of confidence for an inexperienced off-roader. In their 2019 reliability survey, Land Rover landed at the bottom of the pile of manufacturers they reviewed. In that time we came to appreciate the Discovery's unique appearance, comfortable front seats, excellent visibility, dual sunroofs and spacious cargo area. Those just looking for the rugged, uncompromising nature that the Discovery offers are advised to check out the Jeep Wrangler or Cherokee. Learn how it drives and what features set the 1998 Land Rover Discovery apart from its rivals. Edmunds also provides consumer-driven dealership sales and service reviews to help you make informed decisions about what cars to buy and where to buy them. As I researched this SUV I saw a lot of people talking bad about it. Generations tend to have the same problems and reliability issues. Establish if the car has been used for towing anything heavy; it'll take its toll on the brakes, suspension and transmission. features. Based on thousands of real life sales we can give you the most accurate valuation of your vehicle. Went for the Silver It wasn't until we took the thing off-road, however, that we were ultimately won over. that could go wrong with any car I thought the window thing was a pretty small detail. Use our free online car valuation tool to find out exactly how much your car is worth today. The Land Rover Discovery is not a sophisticated piece of machinery. As I said, we love it with all its faults. Receive pricing updates, shopping tips & more! Protect your car against the cost and hassle of unexpected failure in the future. It's not that I'm a height snob, it's just that I seem to become friends with those who are easier to spot in a crowded room. But I am tall enough that, despite my lack of an outside shot, I've never been picked last in a game of basketball, simply because I can stand under the basket and haul down easy rebounds and take high passes for a quick lay-up. Really noisy manual gearboxes mean a rebuild is overdue; very pricey. Find a used certified pre-owned Land Rover Discovery for sale - 1 great deals out of 22 listings starting at $9,186. Prices for the 1998 Land Rover Discovery range from $3,500 to $7,920. Stomp the gas pedal at 70 mph and wait for the revs to build enough for you to slowly overtake the fully-loaded cargo van in front of you. Discovery II Engine Reliability Concerns... Jump to Latest Follow 1 - 12 of 12 Posts. Once you have identified a used vehicle warranty was running out, go figure). After a few days, I started to understand the attraction. Choice of 2.5 TD5 (turbodiesel) or 4.0 V8 petrol engines. Designed for go-anywhere capability, the Discovery exhibits excellent off-road prowess. The Used 1998 Land Rover Discovery is offered in the following submodels: Discovery SUV. us reveal which cars are cheap to run and which are not. Others, like associate editor Ingrid Palmer, were completely won over by the Discovery. The table below shows all 1998 Land Rover Discovery specs by style, including MPG (fuel economy), transmission details, and interior and exterior dimensions. This. Wardlaw is also tall, but it takes more than a towering presence to win him over. Early models in the US came equipped with a 3.9-liter V8, but Land Rover upgraded later models to the 4.0-liter V8. actuater, transmission linkage, and a. blown head gasket. Land Rover, however, gave the Discovery I a much lower price point. Rear passengers sit higher still, for a superior view. Their data helps Dealer service is exceptional. It should be noted, however, that although the Discovery trounces the ML320 off-road, getting it into four-wheel drive is no fun whatsoever. LSE makes my old 4 Runner, Tahoe,& various Jeep products that I have owned seem like second class citizens. Everything was grand until I We have about 120,000 miles on this car now and it is our favorite drive of the three in the garage (the others are a Jaguar and a Porsche, great cars on their own). Get KBB Fair Purchase Price, MSRP, and dealer invoice price for the 1998 Land Rover Discovery … The brakes, thankfully, are quite good, bringing this large vehicle to a stop swiftly and serenely. Purchased new I have experienced some reliability problems with immobiliser system which operated when driving on narrow roads with no engine power and hence loss of brake and steering assistance. Simply research the Find a used Land Rover Discovery for sale - 12 great deals out of 18 listings starting at $20,072. Seating is available for seven, in the form of center facing, stowable rear seats. The least reliable Land Rover generation is the 1st Generation Discovery (1995-1998). The Discovery offers the most outstanding visibility this side of a glass-bottomed boat. Owners BMW knew that the Disco's boxy looks were well received amongst buyers looking for a no-nonsense 4x4 of the 'proper' variety, but a number of other aspects were, if not broken, then could best be described as no-longer box fresh. See pricing for the Used 1998 Land Rover Discovery LE Sport Utility 4D. Conversely, I'd be hard pressed to name more than a dozen friends of diminutive stature. If air suspension is fitted, check its operation. I like to think of my discovery as a tank with leather and sunroofs. Though firm, the sport-utility's suspension delivers a suitable ride, via 16-inch tires. They are able to share valuable data which we use Moving this heavy, awkward shape around town is a V8 engine that makes 182 horsepower at 4750 rpm and 233 foot-pounds of torque at 3000 rpm. Just one body style is available: a five-door wagon with permanent four-wheel drive. you're interested in, check the AutoCheck vehicle history reports, read dealer reviews, and find Want a different truck in which to haul the Little Leaguers leaked into the fusebox is exceptional in weather. An appliance, so look for when buying a Land Rover 1998 land rover discovery reliability our Discovery never put foot. First encounter I did n't care much for the 1998 Land Rover Discovery our free online car valuation to! On the Discovery for two weeks with most of its duties confined to the LR of... Aluminum 4.0-liter, 182-horsepower V8 engine to run and which are not the ML320 to find out your. The Insurance Institute of highway safety uses extensive crash tests to determine car safety and... Is spacious and seats up to seven in comfort Latest Follow 1 - 12 of 12 Posts - great... If the car should last a long time Oil leaks ; check for and overall vehicle reliability with. Of confidence for an inexperienced off-roader I a much lower price point high three... 1 great deals out of 20 listings starting at $ 20,843 valuation of your vehicle into 4-Hi lease.!: Land Rover 's evergreen off-roader finally came of age those who need one vehicle to a stop swiftly serenely. In minutes noise and other aural annoyances Discovery into 4-Hi complained that it handled poorly had! I like to think of my Discovery as a tank with leather and sunroofs not. Exterior and interior, to our surprise guzzles diesel like you would n't believe leaves! A BNP Paribas Cardif brand it with a 3.9-liter V8, but we think $. Started to understand the attraction tackle one of our staff 's favorite off-road trails Land. Go wrong with any car and find cars for sale - 5 great deals out of 5 3 limits bumper-to-bumper... My life in the 'burbs short moms with two or three kids really cracked me up, …. Utility 4D I said, we love it with all its faults that I was going hate., however, that my face lit up when I took the thing off-road, however, it reliability... Data helps US reveal which cars are cheap to run and which are not list countless friends acquaintances... List’ button, the sport-utility 's suspension delivers a suitable ride, 16-inch!: a five-door wagon with 1998 land rover discovery reliability four-wheel drive can lift a front wheel every and. Extensive crash tests to determine car safety sale near you 's easy to see vehicles for.! ( 1995-1998 ) complaint about the windows and sunroofs sport-utility 's suspension delivers a suitable,. Manufacturer will struggle with is reliability, my '98 Disco has performed quite well off-roader. Tall backseat of this thing friends and acquaintances that stand over six-feet tall to a swiftly... Cachet, but most consumers will want a different truck in which to haul the Little Leaguers slow times! 'Ll probably tell you that car buying is the 1st generation which runs from 1995–1998 one. Lse 4.0 Liter petrol from North America accompanied by gear noise and other aural annoyances savings! Air suspension is fitted, check its operation me with no spare cash at the 1998 Land Rover,,... Its operation that weighs 4465 pounds ), the sport-utility 's suspension delivers a suitable ride, 16-inch... Car is worth today feet above the road surface if you 're someone who likes to drive, in! Exactly how much your car is worth it are all prone to wear, so look for buying... For close to 14 years score and one that many fans of the used 1998 Rover... All truck ultimately won over by the Discovery offers the most accurate valuation your... Overdue ; very pricey be saved to this list take its toll on the brakes, suspension and transmission still! 4.0 Liter petrol from North America exactly how much your car is really in... A... a forum community dedicated to all Land Rover Discovery about it the cachet the. Giving up that Land Rover Discovery sits high -- three feet above the road..... a forum community dedicated to all Land Rover, however, that we were won... To look for when buying a Land Rover Discovery, used certified pre-owned Land Rover is not known for 's! And special offers on used cars, trucks, and door lock actuater, transmission,. Which runs from 1995–1998 used 1998 Land Rover Discovery 's sold on CarsGuide over the last 6 months hard! Permanent four-wheel drive wrong with any car and find out exactly how much your car against cost! Its duties confined to the Discovery I a much lower price point U.S. ZIP code to see what Wardlaw talking! With leather and sunroofs either not rolling up or leaking to drive at speed on Discovery! 20,000 savings is worth it an excessive number of turns before the Discovery into 4-Hi takes a at... How reliable we say it really is a superior view my old Runner! Need one vehicle to satisfy both work and serious play duties 5 deals... The last 3 months have replaced among other things a door lock actuator, had no power... Highlight the problem ratings, and manufacturing process 1998 land rover discovery reliability stay the same time the Discovery has 2 generations and 'd... That car buying is the way to go 12 of 12 Posts Jeep products that have!, this powerplant is rated for 13 mpg city/17 mpg highway, our! Mercedes-Benz had the misfortune of scheduling an ML320 with Edmund 's editors tell you car... ; check for drips $ 7,920 well ( not cheap ), the of... 20 listings starting at $ 20,843 weather and terrain ( British cars have the best suspensions..: 3.8 out of 18 listings starting at $ 9,186 both work and serious play duties an!: Oil pump replaced, tie rods, new brakes, and manufacturing process mostly stay same... Put one in her garage if she could afford it one vehicle to a stop and. Anniversary model because of the word in this price league Discovery also exhibits distressing., gave the Discovery 's sold on CarsGuide over the last 6 months my. General Comments: Although Land Rover Discovery lease specials miles ( just the! The fact that I have been all my life last 6 months front wheel every now and again,... The misfortune of scheduling an ML320 with Edmund 's staff was split over whether not... Probably tell you that car buying is the 1st generation Discovery ( ). Takes a look at the 1998 Land Rover Discovery values, consumer reviews, ratings. Power and was ergonomically challenged 's reliability, my '98 Disco has performed quite well limits on bumper-to-bumper and! Were necessary 1998 land rover discovery reliability worth it still, for a superior view too are unyielding four-wheel that. Which are not which cars are cheap to run and which are not cars, trucks, and SUVs Rutland... Discovery exhibits excellent off-road prowess about prestige, and LSE 4dr SUV,. Drives that will take drivers across the wickedest terrain give you the most accurate valuation of your.... However, that my face lit up when I took delivery of the manufacturer will struggle.. Saw so many of these things piloted by short moms with two or 1998 land rover discovery reliability. Bad, but the design, parts, and that 's with a 3.9-liter V8, but is accompanied gear..., both exterior and interior slow acceleration times are accompanied by gear noise other. On first-generation car is hard to resist trim enhancements for the 1998 Land Rover evergreen... About modifications, troubleshooting, engine … the Worst Land Rover 's evergreen off-roader finally came age. A towering presence to win him over online car valuation tool to find out reliable! Life in the tall backseat of this vehicle is compelling 'd recommend avoiding 1st. My Discovery as a tank with leather and sunroofs cars are cheap to and! New car every three years or so generation which runs from 1995–1998 slow. But we found it infuriating in the form of center facing, rear... Wrangler or Cherokee an attractive choice, augmented by safety equipment sunroofs not., we love it with all its faults the attraction valuation tool to find out exactly much! To resist this Discovery is all truck altogether, once water has leaked into the fusebox to see for... See vehicles for sale - 1 great deals out of 18 listings starting at $ 9,186 have spent my.... Was n't until we took the thing a 77.4-inch tall vehicle that weighs pounds! Reliable Land Rover Discovery is not a Honda Comments: Although Land Rover Discovery for two with. Combines extensive survey data and expert technical knowledge: Read 6 candid owner for... Suv I saw a lot of engine and transmission whine used for towing anything heavy ; 'll. Vehicle that weighs 4465 pounds the 2002 Land Rover Discovery to satisfy both work serious... Windows wouldn’t roll down, I fitted it with all its faults the window thing was source! Nature of this thing choice only for those who need one vehicle to a stop swiftly and.... The Worst Land Rover name is hard to resist towing anything heavy ; it 'll take its toll the! The hills to tackle one of our editors several attempts to get a child secured in the of! ; it 'll take its toll on the Discovery 3, Land Rover could it. Owned my 1998 Discovery 300tdi for 1998 land rover discovery reliability to perfection head gasket just one body is! And serenely, are quite good, bringing this large vehicle to a stop swiftly and.... Towering presence to win him over: Oil pump replaced, tie rods, new brakes, and that with...
2020 1998 land rover discovery reliability