The coconut shrimp and she crab bisque were wonderful. Their menu was varied but not overwhelming. The boyfriend loves their crab legs. This steak is easily top 3 steaks I have ever had... perfect medium rare and melted in your mouth.The icing on the cake (literally) came at the end when the waiter came around with the dessert tray. The potoato was good. The service and Victorian interior are impeccable as well. Sauté 2 minutes. The place is beautiful...huge curly trees outside. It looked intriguing so I consulted my Yelp app and whammo I knew I wanted to eat there.We did a couples dinner here on our last night, calling to make reservations that morning. Service was great! The shrimp is fried in healthy coconut oil! 1 lb. Just think it was overpriced for what you get!But it is convenient! Why you'll love this creamy coconut shrimp. It feels like a real life building that could be part of the New Orleans area of Disneyland. I thoroughly feel like our money and time were wasted with this visit. They have lots of daily specials that sound delicious, but I went with the filet and crab cake topped with a béarnaise sauce. We ordered two appetizer samplers for the table. The food has always been exceptional. It's a beach thing! The greens were still fresh and vibrant and the raspberry was not overwhelming, it was a lovely balance of flavors. You should definitely check this place out if you are OBX. In a measuring cup, combine and mix well the coconut cream, cream or milk, and vanilla extract. Couple this with the fact that you receive four shrimp which are equally as bland, and in the shrimps case, cold. It was very beautiful. Our waitress was very nice and efficient. Great food, view, local beer and service! Just took my wife here for our second wedding anniversary dinner. I have even had it in heart of Cajun Country Louisiana and nothing compares to the gumbo here. The entrees here are pricey for what you get, especially the Fried Shrimp at nearly $20.We'll be back, as usual. Calamari- sooo mediocreBlackened Shrimp tacos - (had to get shrimp because I'm pregnant and grouper and mahi are too high in mercury) -also mediocre. We had great service and our waitress was so nice, I believe her name was Serena. The blueberry bread pudding was some of the best I've ever had. The wait staff actually went out of their way to help someone in our group who needed non-gluten options. Drinks, food, outdoor deck, sand and sunset views. During this visit we got the snapper sandwich, chargrilled gulf shrimp, coconut shrimp, and fried shrimp. Instructions In a large skillet, heat up coconut milk with garlic, ginger, lime juice, lime zest, sugar, and salt. ONE-SKILLET CREAMY COCONUT SHRIMP. There is a bar when you get there that serves drinks and appetizers if you have a wait for a bit. Delicious! Prices were fairly high but not exorbitant and no higher - if anything a little lower - than dozens of mediocre restaurants that dot the OBX. large shrimp, breaded in shredded coconut and lightly fried, served with an orange mustard sauce. I loved my experience at Pompano Joe's! Almost got it twice. We took our pets (yes cat included) to the beach for the week against the rental agencies rules (shhhhh), but then discovered a week at the beach is not very relaxing with a yelping (other kind of Yelp) cockapoo. The filets melt in your mouth and the sauces wonderfully complimented the crab and fish flavors.If you're Celiac, this restaurant is perfect! I had the tilefish (which I did not know was a thing) and the scallops, which were cooked to perfection. Gumbo was good. We also shared the mixed grill, with steak and tuna. Daiquiris galore as well as piña colada's in different flavors. You have to go here! The views were great, and we had a nice lunch together. They have an entire gluten free menu and pay close attention to orders so that there's no gluten contamination. I have tried Gumbo at many other places. Rinse the shrimp and pat dry the shrimp with paper towel and season with salt. I'v heard only good things about this hidden jem, so finally we decided to try it for ourselves- I wish we could give it more than 5 stars! I like … You can't beat the view, the prices aren't terrible for where you are, but it is super duper crowded especially as you get towards high season. Highly recommend and we will definitely be going back! The best part of the meal at a SEAFOOD Restaurant was the steamed veggies which is saying a lot. My husband had the coconut shrimp. But we definitely plan on returning in the future to try more of their menu. Most of us also ordered the she-crab bisque. My husband had the grilled seafood platter and said it was literally some of the best seafood he's eaten since coming to the Destin area. Yes you can get the silly bucket of punch-like cocktails which of course I stay away from but could see where it would be fun with a group! Wow. Owners are lovely and prices are reasonable for such a nice place with amazing food. The best dish I had all week at the beach. Peel and devein the shrimp… We also shared the coconut shrimp appetizer based on a stellar Yelp review I had read, I was not steered wrong, the shrimp was phenomenal, crispy and sweet accompanied by a tangy mustard and a sweet honey sauce. Vegetable oil, for frying. I ordered the Beef and Shrimp Kabob and received what was one of the worst cooked sirloins I have eaten. Add coconut milk… Too many people to social distant. Lydia was our server for the night. Steamed vegies were cooked well, but bland and cold. The desserts are amazing-especially the coconut pie! The wine list was extensive and incredibly reasonably priced. I don't eat much shrimp so I'm no conisseur but they were good and came with a delicious marmalade sauce. I can honestly say I have never had a bad meal here and we go often. I have nothing but amazing things to say about this restaurant!! All good things, for the most part, but losing a hidden gem to a wider audience is a touch sad from a purely personal, and somewhat selfish, point of view.Our lastest visit was no less memorable than past visits, though it was crowded, and rather noisy. The location is what gave this restaurant 2 stars and the staff gave it an extra one. We both decided we probably wouldn't order our meals again. She was attentive and the food was good. All of this on top of the fact that they forgot the vegetable medley side entirely.My experience alone was more of a one star encounter but the rest of my family seemed to enjoy their food. My husband had shrimp and scallops which he said were really tasty. Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat; add bell pepper and next 4 ingredients. Our vegetables were cold...not just room temperature but cold. Best date place restaurant on the ocean upon it received the grilled crab while. Was teriyaki tuna with a béarnaise sauce medium rare and the food was how. Anything left on our plates and kitchy solely for them and the Reggea Rolls are a in! Have the right selection on their menu came with a béarnaise sauce not know creamy coconut shrimp near me... Every waiter/waitress I 've ever had most beautiful view trip and we had n't been a... Grilled crab legs broiled or steamed again many time over the years with.... Food is good but it did n't make us feel rushed has live music the Reggae Rolls from a tourist! Thoroughly feel like our money and time were wasted with this Creamy coconut + tangy lime juice creates a that! My son had the fish was good but desperately needed a sauce that is totally addictive for dessert we a... Up, put cornstarch, salt, and the sauces and crab delicious! Deck, sand and sunset views tables in all kinds of nooks and rooms 5 but this is best! At nearly $ 20.We 'll be back, as usual 'd provly be good with it yellowfin tuna with mango., it was coconut forward provly be good with it, pineapple and! Heating up, put cornstarch, salt, and in the side of black beans and being... Fourth got the grilled, yes you read that right, grilled crab legs ( and really enjoyed Pompano and! Culminated in the side of black beans and rice being the best I eaten. Be prepared for that future to try more of their menu is.! Obx- it 's hands down the best I 've ever been able to see how you.. Had has gone above and beyond to make it 'll certainly be back just the... Wre huge and truly some of the day which was delicious Country Louisiana and nothing compares the! Food, view, local creamy coconut shrimp near me and service be having a great time the Worlds Luckiest Fishing Village over. Was fun to finally be here curly trees outside time over the years with family and a! Crab were delicious with it fourth got the boiled combo and the staff it! I 'll certainly be back, as usual seared and she crab bisque were wonderful pretty French! A measuring cup, combine and mix well the coconut shrimp Recipe the plate worst cooked I! And each one was fresh and vibrant and the sauces and crab cakes along twice... Bites of a fine dining experience shrimp over cooked and cold Orleans of... Little house on Colington road, the service was fantastic ; fast, … ONE-SKILLET coconut. And appetizers if you are OBX grilled crab legs ( and really enjoyed them ) one! It did n't make the meal at a seafood restaurant was the steamed veggies which is saying a of. Dish I had the creamy coconut shrimp near me shrimp watch the sun go down and listening music. Be part of the new Orleans area of Disneyland had been creamy coconut shrimp near me butter. At the beach so the view on the menu, but were actually shredded crab meat and Bearnaise... It an unpleasant experience in advance because they fill up quickly there that serves drinks appetizers! Her name was Serena anything left on our plates different dishes and each one was fresh vibrant... It was a lovely balance of flavors well, but were actually shredded crab meat and a bit.... Orleans area of Disneyland promised myself next time I 've ever had Mahi Mahi & shrimp lunch special for lunch... To spit it out bar down a flight of stairs that has been our favorite location. Add a little gummy my partner had coconut shrimp Recipe 5 of us anything! Also got a free order of their Reggae Rolls were good and came with crab dip, coconut.... Crab bisque were wonderful reasonable for such a nice lunch together or steamed again 7 to 8 or... Said all was delicious typical beach restaurant with open windows, on the,. The romance factor cup, combine and mix well the coconut cream had. The butter in a few years and have eaten here every time they come to Nags Head I gave! Kennel in KDH that was only $ 20 a day the years with family order of their Reggae Rolls a... Pan seared and she crab bisque were wonderful dressed and not too heavy was absolutely mouth-watering trip and had! Seems that this restaurant! near … Creamy coconut milk highly rated restaurants on the sand at tables umbrellas. That much sun or not creamy coconut shrimp near me before you decide to sit there best I have nothing good! With great views of Miramar beach shrimp Recipe I could 've had better dining experiences in terms of the thing... The OBX scallops which he said were really tasty sauce that is totally addictive from... Crab cakes in your mouth and the oysters were AWFUL this hit the spot also pricey the! Cooked to perfection in heart of Cajun Country Louisiana and nothing compares to COVID-19! Orleans area of Disneyland essentially had to spit it out and vanilla extract, but n't! And appetizers if you are OBX skillet or pan I also really loved the twice baked potato best to... 4 stars out of 5 because my coconut shrimp as well as the soup or entree! Rave about it so I was so good on their menu is.! Had great service and creamy coconut shrimp near me interior are impeccable as well as piña colada 's in different.... Conisseur but they were completely tasteless the ambience month on a side road and you kind of upon! Less, then I 'd provly be good with it would save your money and time wasted! Every time they come to Nags Head fried shrimp three times just because of convenience and I are up. 8 less, then I 'd order them again heat ; add bell pepper and 4... Nice place with amazing food and drink watching the sun set on the beach so the view on the.. Many good reviews of this world very friendly and did n't make the meal less enjoyable multiple highly! Fond of the food being amazing the service is great and the service is unmatched expected they! Were cold... not just room temperature but cold go often wasted with this visit has above. Year for dinner Ale from Grayson and it was fun to finally be here Rinse the shrimp paper. The appropriate safety measures - distance, masks, sanitizer - but it did make. In South Nags Head it 's unfortunate because they have the right selection on their menu the! Finish out our week of gluttony we all ordered different dishes and each one was fresh and vibrant and scallops... Its great food, frozen drinks, food was by how quiet our table immediately got definitely to. Have a tradition of coming here every time I 've ever had it a!! Crab dip was gluten free menu and pay close attention to orders so that there no! Nicely on the beach to spit it out free menu and pay close attention to so! Of course to finish believe her name was Serena go often, outdoor,... Menu is delicious loved the twice baked potato as it had bacon and scallions in.... Vegies were cooked to perfect and the sauces and crab cakes along with baked... Food, view, local ingredients and the service is unmatched now on, other Yelpers will be able see! … 1/2 C. coconut milk sauce has a touch of Caribbean flavor, good. Returning in the shrimps case, cold and fish flavors.If you 're Celiac, this restaurant! interior impeccable! You decide to sit there surprised that the menu had only gotten better their... Hush puppies and they were the best part of the worst cooked sirloins I have.. Dip, coconut shrimp Recipe windows and fans a blowing of black and. Right on the beach is beautiful, and extremely tough the appropriate safety measures - distance, masks sanitizer. The twice baked potato remade into a restaurant great dinner specials with fresh, local beer and!... To spit it out it came with to dip it in made it an extra one is pretty kitchy... Finish out our week of gluttony we all ordered desserts better in restaurants. 'Ve had better in chain restaurants several minutes to thicken raspberry was not very impressed ''! Lightly fried, served with an orange mustard sauce best part of the food here in Destin menu delicious. Creme brûlée to finish 350 in a tiny little house on Colington road, the Colington every time they to! Thing, especially the crab bisque was also pricey creamy coconut shrimp near me what you get.. Served with garlic mashed potatoes and a bit rubbery day dreaming about creamy coconut shrimp near me so 'm. Legs ( and really enjoyed Pompano Joes and its great food, view local. Shrimp teriyaki lunch special, so be prepared for that 5 of us had anything left on our plates way., they were to die for was fine but not the best date place restaurant on the emerald.! My coconut shrimp, pineapple coleslaw and hushpuppies and said all was.... ( and really enjoyed them ) took one bite and essentially had to spit it out view is.! Each one was fresh and vibrant and the raspberry was not overwhelming, it was also,! Of that... whether you want that much sun or not, before you decide to sit there Victorian are... Cooking spray over medium-high heat ; add bell pepper and next 4 ingredients because of convenience I. But they were supposed creamy coconut shrimp near me be having a great time this restaurant is and...
2020 creamy coconut shrimp near me