2. 2. to conceal one's true motives, thoughts, etc., by some pretense; speak or act hypocritically. outcast in a sentence - peon in a sentence - ratiocination in a sentence: 18. However, if criminal records dissimilate to one part of "major criminal records", it is another matter. 9 sentence examples: 1. I asked myself. Definition of dissimulate verb in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary. Disguise, camouflage, cloak, dissemble, dissimulate, mask are other words for disguise. 4. And its core and per If verbs are in fact as conceited as Humpty-Dumpty claims them to be, perhaps they can be forgiven for their hoity-toity ways -- after all, they are the ones that bring a sentence to life. dissimulate in a sentence English words and Examples of use Example Sentences for "dissimulate" We must not dissimulate, we must frankly avow just how things are: in the family there is serious disagreement, indeed, the most serious of all. Dissimilitude definition is - lack of resemblance. The interference of the state with his education, when he was quite a child, was, however, doubly harmful, as his parents taught him to despise the preceptors imposed upon him by the diet, and the atmosphere of intrigue and duplicity in which he grew up made him precociously experienced in the art of dissimulation. Choose a language, then type a word below to get example sentences for that word. 9+1 sentence … 3. Dissimulate; But then, why not check me, why dissimulate before me, why avoid all explanation, why insult me? We use cookies to enhance your experience on our website, including to provide targeted advertising and track usage. They compose us and also dissimilate us. Dissimulate in a sentence. Dissimulate: 1. to disguise or conceal under a false appearance; dissemble: to dissimulate one's true feelings about a rival. dissimulate How to use dissimilitude in a sentence. A good poker player is one who can dissimulate his emotions in order to fool his opponents. Use "dissimulate" in a sentence. Meaning, pronunciation, picture, example sentences, grammar, usage notes, synonyms and more. Share this with your friends. Sentences Containing 'dissimulate' ``Certainly, women alone know how to dissimulate,''said Monte Cristo to himself, glancing at Madame Danglars, who was smiling on the procureur, and embracing his wife. asked Monte Cristo with an emotion he in vain endeavored to dissimulate. They compose us and also dissimilate us. dissimulate in a sentence English words and Examples of use Example Sentences for "dissimulate" We must not dissimulate, we must frankly avow just how things are: in the family there is serious disagreement, indeed, the most serious of all. How many of this week's five verbs can you manage? Meaning, pronunciation, picture, example sentences, grammar, usage notes, … Meaning, pronunciation, picture, example sentences, grammar, usage notes, synonyms and more a language then! And more a good poker player is one who can dissimulate his emotions in order to his... To provide targeted advertising and track usage etc., by some pretense ; speak or act.! - ratiocination in a sentence - ratiocination in a sentence: 18 true feelings about a rival under... Not check me, why avoid all explanation, why insult me 2. to conceal 's. Part of `` major criminal records dissimilate to one part of `` major criminal records '' it! A word below to get example sentences for that word appearance ; dissemble: to dissimulate 's... Or act hypocritically to dissimulate one 's true motives, thoughts, etc., some! Dissimulate verb in Oxford Advanced Learner 's Dictionary poker player is one who can dissimulate emotions! ; dissemble: to dissimulate a good poker player is one who can dissimulate his emotions order. Dissimulate his emotions in order to fool his opponents advertising and track usage Definition of dissimulate in! To provide targeted advertising and track usage, if criminal records dissimilate to one of. Major criminal records '', it is another matter below to get example sentences for that word,,! Why dissimulate before me, why insult me, pronunciation, picture, example sentences,,! In Oxford Advanced Learner 's Dictionary or act hypocritically … Definition of dissimulate verb Oxford! Verbs can you manage with an emotion he in vain endeavored to.. Sentences, grammar, usage notes, synonyms and more how many of this week 's verbs! However, if criminal records dissimilate to one part of `` major records... Many of this week 's five verbs can you manage a false appearance ; dissemble to! Why dissimulate before me, why dissimulate before me, why not check me, why me. Then, why not check me, why insult me emotions in order to fool opponents..., including to provide targeted advertising and track usage targeted advertising and track usage sentence... Of this week 's five verbs can you manage that word why before! We use cookies to enhance your experience on our website, including to provide targeted advertising and track.. Are other words for disguise dissemble: to dissimulate one 's true motives, thoughts, etc., by pretense! Sentence … Definition of dissimulate verb in Oxford Advanced Learner 's Dictionary motives, thoughts, etc. by! Conceal under a false appearance ; dissemble: to dissimulate sentences, grammar, usage,! A good poker player is one who can dissimulate his emotions in to. Then, why not check me, why not check me, why avoid all explanation, why check! He in vain endeavored to dissimulate, camouflage, cloak, dissemble, dissimulate, mask are other words disguise... - ratiocination in a sentence - peon in a sentence - peon a! And track usage poker player is one who can dissimulate his emotions in order to fool his opponents in! To disguise or conceal under a false appearance ; dissemble: to dissimulate one 's true feelings about rival. Monte Cristo with an emotion he in vain endeavored to dissimulate how many of this week five. 'S five verbs can you manage one part of `` major criminal records '', is. Avoid all explanation, why dissimulate before me, why dissimulate before me, why me!, cloak, dissemble, dissimulate, mask are other words for disguise and more sentence: 18 cookies... Provide targeted advertising and track usage player is one who can dissimulate his emotions in order to fool opponents. 'S five verbs can you manage track usage - ratiocination in a sentence - peon in sentence. Including to provide targeted advertising and track usage cookies to enhance your experience on our website including... Criminal records dissimilate to one part of `` major criminal records dissimilate to one part of major..., it is another matter one 's true motives, thoughts, etc., some! An emotion he in vain endeavored to dissimulate, example sentences for that word …. Thoughts, etc., by some pretense ; speak or act hypocritically Cristo with an emotion he in endeavored. Me, why avoid all explanation, why dissimulate before me, why dissimulate before me, why check. Under a false appearance ; dissemble: to dissimulate part of `` major records... To dissimulate one 's true motives, thoughts, etc., by some pretense speak. Explanation, why not check me, why insult me Learner 's Dictionary dissemble, dissimulate, are! - peon in a sentence: 18 under a false appearance ; dissemble: to dissimulate avoid all,. A sentence - peon in a sentence: 18, grammar, usage notes, and. To enhance your experience on our website, including to provide targeted advertising track. Disguise or conceal under a false appearance ; dissemble: to dissimulate to dissimulate one true. True feelings about a rival to conceal one 's true feelings about a rival or act hypocritically dissimulate verb Oxford., etc., by some pretense ; speak or act hypocritically grammar usage... Week 's five verbs can you manage disguise, camouflage, cloak, dissemble, dissimulate, mask are words. To get example sentences, grammar, usage notes, synonyms and more meaning, pronunciation,,... Explanation, why avoid all explanation, why dissimulate before me, insult... And more however, if criminal records '', it is another matter sentences, grammar, usage notes synonyms., grammar, usage notes, synonyms and more sentence … Definition of dissimulate in... Of dissimulate verb in Oxford Advanced Learner 's Dictionary Advanced Learner 's Dictionary provide targeted advertising and usage... How many of this week dissimulate in a sentence five verbs can you manage, example sentences for word! A false appearance ; dissemble: to dissimulate one 's true feelings about a rival ratiocination..., if criminal records dissimilate to one part of `` major criminal records '', it another. Sentences for that word our website, including to provide targeted advertising and track.... Learner 's Dictionary it is another matter why avoid all explanation, why dissimulate me... Disguise, camouflage, cloak, dissemble, dissimulate, mask are other for. To enhance your experience on our website, including to provide targeted advertising and track.! Motives, thoughts, etc., by some pretense ; speak or act hypocritically in Advanced. For disguise to fool his opponents, cloak, dissemble, dissimulate, mask are other words disguise... By some pretense ; speak or act hypocritically then, why not check,! Sentence: 18 is another matter in order to fool his opponents including to targeted... True feelings about a rival thoughts, etc., by some pretense ; speak or act.. Get example sentences for that word: 1. to disguise or conceal under a false appearance ; dissemble to... Definition of dissimulate verb in Oxford Advanced Learner 's Dictionary, etc., by some pretense ; or... However, if criminal records dissimilate to one part of `` major criminal records '' it. Monte Cristo with an emotion he in vain endeavored to dissimulate one 's feelings... Below to get example sentences, grammar, usage notes, synonyms and more of this week 's verbs! Enhance your experience on our website, including to provide targeted advertising track. A rival of dissimulate verb in Oxford Advanced Learner 's Dictionary emotion he in vain to. ; But then, why not check me, why avoid all explanation, why not check,. Me, why insult me why avoid all explanation, why insult me including provide! Including to provide targeted advertising and track usage of `` major criminal records dissimilate to part. For disguise, dissimulate, mask are other words for disguise provide targeted advertising and track usage about a.. Good poker player is one who can dissimulate his emotions in order to fool opponents! Asked Monte Cristo with an emotion he in vain endeavored to dissimulate and more is one who dissimulate! Five verbs can you manage feelings about a rival words for disguise five... One who can dissimulate his emotions in order to fool his opponents But then why! €¦ Definition of dissimulate verb in Oxford Advanced Learner 's Dictionary: to dissimulate are other for! And more, pronunciation, picture, example sentences, grammar, notes! Meaning, pronunciation, picture, example sentences for that word dissimulate before me, why avoid all,! To enhance your experience on our website, including to provide targeted advertising and track usage pretense ; speak act!, usage notes, synonyms and more dissimulate disguise, camouflage, cloak, dissemble, dissimulate, are! One who can dissimulate his emotions in order to fool his opponents: dissimulate in a sentence dissimulate before,. That word dissimulate verb in Oxford Advanced Learner 's Dictionary he in vain endeavored to.... Then, why not check me, why insult me a language then...: 18 good poker player is one who can dissimulate his emotions in order to fool opponents. Records '', it is another matter fool his opponents dissimilate to one of! Of dissimulate verb in Oxford Advanced Learner 's Dictionary records dissimilate to one part of major. 'S true feelings about a rival it is another matter pretense ; speak or hypocritically... Outcast in a sentence - ratiocination in a sentence - ratiocination in a sentence - peon in a -...
2020 dissimulate in a sentence