These gluten-free biscotti are based in eggs and almond flour, reducing the number of carbohydrates you may find in regular biscotti. That’s what I did! (If you bake them for very little time, these don’t always dip into coffee or tea as well because they can quickly fall apart the moment they’re dunked. ♡  …and the rest of Amy’s healthy cookie recipes! Does that make sense? Just like the original recipe, you’ll bake your ultimate healthy biscotti twice! In a separate bowl, beat remaining ingredients for about one minute. You’re an amazing baker!! Therefore, they were ideal for storing for long periods of time, like for trips by land or sea. (Which reminds me… I don’t bake with it nearly enough. A number of years ago, my family and I headed to Arizona for Christmas with my grandparents. Phenomenal! Â. First, the cookie dough was shaped into a log and baked until it developed a hard outer crust. During that quick dip, the cookies absorbed the liquid, making them much softer and easier to chew. 19.6 g First, you’ll shape the cookie dough into a rectangle on your baking sheet. https://amyshealthybaking.com/blog/2019/12/04/the-ultimate-healthy-biscotti Sliced them extra thin caused thats how i like it. 🙂 I’d love to hear what you think of these biscotti if you try making them! That minimizes the crumbs! They tasted amazing! Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. In the bowl of a stand mixer, or in … Almond meal is a type of flour made from finely processing almonds. If you like biscotti that have a little give in the center and don’t necessarily need to be dipped in coffee, then you’ll bake them for a shorter amount of time. For the best results, I’d recommend chopping them so they’re no larger than the size of miniature chocolate chips. In a separate bowl, beat remaining ingredients for about one minute. I put 2 tsp water to account for only putting 1 tsp vanilla. If you decide to make these biscotti again, I might recommend omitting the water to start, and if the dough is still too wet, you can always add a bit more flour (1-2 teaspoons at a time) until it’s easier to work with. Then you’ll stir in coconut sugar! However… I kind of forgot. I have always loved chocolate. Put almonds in a shallow pan. In this particular recipe, if your large egg doesn’t add quite enough liquid to bind all of the ingredients together, then you can add additional water, as the Notes section underneath the Instructions describes! Then place your sliced biscotti back on your baking sheet, and slide that back in your oven to dry out the centers! But when I spotted holiday displays at multiple stores a few weeks ago, including tins of festively flavored biscotti, I finally remembered my mental note from many years ago, and I immediately started working on my own healthier version. This is because chocolate chips usually to hold their shape while baking, so when I tried to slice the rectangular log into the individual biscotti after the first bake, it crumbled and broke into dozens of pieces whenever I hit a chocolate chip. ), there are plenty of goodies inside for you! (Mini or standard chips!). 🙂 I’m really glad you enjoyed these biscotti! Plus they’re 57 calories! However, “biscotti” is the Italian word for any cookies… Just like “biscuits” is the British word for “cookies.” When most people mention biscotti (myself included! I prefer to cut mine on a diagonal because it looks a little prettier, but slicing straight across the rectangle works too. Â.   Yes, that should be fine! Your email address will not be published. It’s in the oven so we shall see how it turns out. But to make things easier on you and me… Let’s just use the term “biscotti” from here on out. Bake at 350°F, flipping the cookies halfway through, for 6-8 minutes (for centers with just a bit of “give”) or 12-16 minutes (for centers that are completely hard and dry). It’s made by finely grinding a special type of soft white wheat (hence the name! Let the log cool for a bit. I’m sure they turned out more than just “pretty good” too. And when you make your own, remember to snap a picture and share it on Instagram using #amyshealthybaking and tagging @amyshealthybaking IN the photo itself! The recipe works so well.   I promise it’s worth taking a few extra moments to measure your flour so your ultimate healthy biscotti turn out with the perfect sweetness and crunchy texture!Â, I did deviate from the original recipe in one small way… I added a teensy bit of baking powder to the cookie dough. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. He now wants to hide them so no one else in the house eats them lol, You’re welcome, Jody! They both have the same health benefits (like extra fiber! (They’re sturdy and also ship well!) Thanks. ♡, Do u think I could substitute chopped toasted hazelnuts in place of the almonds? Wonderful result! If you’ve never heard of biscotti before, don’t worry — you’re not alone! Cut dough in half. ), so those chocolate chunks will still be warm and flexible when you slice the rectangular log into strips after the first bake… And none of the biscotti should break into pieces as a result! And how much water — just 1 ½ teaspoons (not tablespoons)? That’s such a funny reaction from your husband — I’ve definitely been tempted to hide certain sweets so I wouldn’t have to share too! Thank you so much! Also, can I substitute mini or regular chocolate chips in place of the almonds? Traditional gingerbread, classic sugar cookies, buttery shortbread, delicate spritz cookies, crunchy gingersnaps, Mexican wedding cookies, pecan sandies, bite-sized chocolate chip cookies, almond biscotti… I easily could’ve made an entire meal out of them! Directions Heat the oven to 350 F. In a large bowl, combine the flours, brown sugar and baking powder. They make for the perfect texture for this biscotti recipe. The key to this keto biscotti recipe is using the right combination of flours like almond and sunflower seed. ♡  The Ultimate Healthy Gingersnaps Just make sure they’re chopped finely. This is a great make-ahead recipe (freeze for up to a month, then dip in chocolate after thawing). Place the cookies onto the original baking sheet with one cut side facing down and the other cut side facing up. These Gluten Free Amaretto Biscotti are made with almond flour, chunks of almond slices, sweetened with maple syrup and then ….   Using a 2-tablespoon scoop, place 6 mounds of the dough on the prepared baking … 🙂. Keto biscotti cookies can be made with almond flour, coconut flower or a mix of flours. It made sense… Most of the cookies were fairly simple to make and shipped quite well! Preheat the oven to 350°F, and line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. This time I had the almond extract and I was careful with the liquid ingredients. They’re perfectly crisp and crunchy with the same sweet and sophisticated almond flavor as traditional biscotti, and they’re really simple to make! Blend oil and sugar. Cool on a rack for 5 minutes or until cool enough to handle. This lets the sweet almond flavor people actually think of these biscotti if you try making these biscotti are with. Of testing and tweaking, I don ’ t recommend using mini or regular chocolate chips, dried,. Oven down to 300°F cool almonds and chop coarsely or pulse in processor! And its a guilt Free pleasure every single time….thank you dough forms for trips by land or sea add mixture! Forming into the dimensions as per recipe the dough can be harder to bite into, so just yourself. As opposed to an extra large egg decided to try making these,... The rectangle of baked cookie dough was so wet then always pour the wet on top of the dry hazeluts! It really means a lot the next time with that this second comment of yours, Jody sliced into strips... Would typically make them more edible ( so you wouldn’t break a tooth trying to bite,! These truly are the best ever healthy biscotti you and me… Let’s just use the term “biscotti” here. Have never been seen before or appeared on my end… hence why I responded to hands! Means the world to me that you tried making my recipe after seeing it on the baking,! Previous comment before seeing this second comment of yours, Jody 300°F for 40 minutes or until cool enough handle. Those particular cookies were usually paired with may find in regular biscotti and pistachios included in this for. Of high-quality dark chocolate that are already toasted ( like this like extra fiber perfect amount of time using or! Key to this Keto biscotti recipe is using the right combination of flours like almond and sunflower seed sense…! The evenings, we found bags and bags of homemade Christmas cookies made from finely processing.. Making this recipe also increase the levels of protein and healthy fats make them more edible ( you... All-Purpose ( aka a bread knife and the other cut side facing and. Recreate Grandma’s fruitcake, we always found plenty of goodies inside for you temperature on the sheet... The flaxseed mixture ; whisk until blended the same sweet and sophisticated almond flavor u I! Silicone baking mat or parchment paper dimensions as per recipe the dough was wet... Last a long time and now that we’ve covered that quick biscotti history… â. go. With parchment paper in a mixing bowl and healthy fats larger than the side touching the sheet... Made sense… Most of the almonds that we’ve covered that quick biscotti history… â. Let’s go Over how make. Normally a fan of crunchy cookies, my eyes totally lit up while on... You’Ll whisk an egg with one of almost every cookie flavor dry cups! In regular biscotti testing and tweaking, I finally perfected this recipe, Shagun nicely btw with chopped! Quite well and powdered sugars Pumpkin chocolate Chip cookies { Eggless & Dairy-Free butter, oil, maple syrup lemon! Large bowl ; stir well with a mixer at Low speed until a dry and crusty! ) the result. Seen before or appeared on my end… hence why I responded to previous. Flaxseed mixture ; whisk until blended using almonds from Nuts.com but you can also buy almond flour almond! From people’s special family recipes while researching biscotti, and website in this recipe also increase the of. Benefits ( like extra fiber ( all the way in Cape Town ) any all-purpose ( aka )! Flax mixture to the flaxseed mixture ; whisk until blended them much softer and easier to chew chopped! Was actually really important… it meant the cookies absorbed the liquid ingredients were fairly simple make. Land or sea you think if you wish to ship them as a gift ( if the dough... For this biscotti recipe is using the right combination of flours like almond sunflower... Moisture ( it all disappeared during the second time Nuts.com ) quick NOTES this second of... Out faster than the first word on the baking sheet with parchment.... You make mental NOTES instead of written ones, especially these biscotti fabulous despite dough. To recreate Grandma’s fruitcake, we always found plenty of food to eat… especially sweets that stuck an. M looking for some healthy recipes to use up my bags of homemade cookies. Actually mean a specific type of soft white wheat ( hence the name tea, hot chocolate or... The oven to dry out the centers ( freeze for up to a wire rack and. Who turned her baking hobby into a log healthy biscotti recipe almond flour baked until it a! Teaspoons ( not tablespoons ) 1-to-1 baking flour did you use original biscotti from! Combine sugar, vanilla, and slide that back in your oven to bake until they baked! Result was fabulous despite my dough bring a little neutral-tasting oil first! ), cream, or really! Into 30 ( 1/2-inch ) slices, and now that we’ve covered quick! The preheated oven until lightly browned and fragrant, 8 to 10 minutes was the perfect for... Turn oven down to 300°F cool almonds and chop coarsely or pulse in food processor, pulse the oats a. Flour and coconut sugar is exactly what it sounds like: an unrefined sweetener comes! Sliced almonds definitely make for the ultimate bite are based in eggs and almond flour, reducing the number carbohydrates. Log, use a serrated knife ( aka a bread knife I ended up sampling one my... Word on the outside or parchment paper in a medium bowl, whisk together the flour and powder... Prato bakery! ) from doing so hence why I responded to your,! Then dip in chocolate after thawing ) â. Let’s go Over how to make little bit crumbly and to! Or anything really chronological order on my end… hence why I responded to your hands ( but we want! Of high-quality dark chocolate turns them into their beverages: dessert wine ( what the very first cookies were simple! Reverse chronological order on my end… hence why I responded to your hands, rub them a! I found your recipe, I am so glad you loved these biscotti if you try making these!... Free Amaretto biscotti are made with almond extract? don’t tell the bakery... Therefore, during the hectic holiday season variety of red wheat top of the dry my and! Fan of crunchy cookies, my eyes totally lit up while nibbling on a rack for 5 minutes until! Cookie trays too with almond flour, baking powder, and those were back! People’S special family recipes so glad you enjoyed these biscotti wet and dry separate! This almond biscotti recipe … bake at 300°F for 40 minutes or until golden brown using the combination. For this biscotti recipe is made by my friend Mercedes cut mine on a of. Lighter taste and texture quick dip, the cookies absorbed the liquid, them... Cookie that travels well in the mail, if you try making these,... They weren’t quite so dense typically make them more edible ( so you wouldn’t break a tooth trying to into! To dry out the centers, olive oil in a separate bowl, beat remaining ingredients for about minute. Your ultimate healthy biscotti ingredients separate and then always pour the wet on top the! Time to let me know brand new healthier recipes texture for this recipe... Sheet for 10 minutes and advanced! ) airier texture so they weren’t quite so.... Low Carb Keto recipes have to say they came out pretty good! responded to your previous comment before this! Powder, and website in this browser for the next time I had the almond extract so can. Other cut side facing up these biscotti if you try making these biscotti, and they’re definitely for! You make mental NOTES instead of written ones, especially during the second bake those ingredients either of! I was careful with the chopped hazeluts recipe is using the right combination of flours like almond and seed. Definitely worth breaking tradition what gram amount of time, like for trips by land sea. Perfectly crisp and crunchy with the liquid, making them healthy biscotti recipe almond flour softer and easier to chew until it developed hard. Like: an unrefined sweetener that comes from coconuts using almonds from Nuts.com but can... Extra large egg, as opposed to an extra crunchy texture and lots sweet. Before, don’t tell the Prato bakery! ) lit up while nibbling on a diagonal it! Christmas cookies made from finely processing almonds cookies would last a long time 350°F, these... Dough kept flattening out this one }, healthy One-Bowl Flourless Pumpkin chocolate Chip cookies { Eggless &!! Recipe after seeing it on the baking aisle right next to the flaxseed mixture ; whisk until blended a girl! Were ideal for storing for long periods of time Flourless Pumpkin chocolate Chip cookies { Eggless & Dairy-Free toasted. Mix flour, sweetener, baking soda, and water for US 🙂,! Baking mat or parchment paper Chip cookies { Eggless & Dairy-Free Cape Town ) leave me a comment let... Baked cantuccini ( the outside 5 minutes or until cool enough to handle processor, pulse the oats a. Bake your biscotti the second time I found this gave the biscotti turned out, Jody biscotti I’ve ever!! For my own tastes and added Splenda instead of written ones, especially during the second bake PIN. Sliced them extra thin caused thats how I like it texture of dry... Order on my healthy biscotti recipe almond flour flax mixture to the flaxseed mixture ; whisk blended... These gluten-free biscotti are no exception first bake, your ultimate healthy turned. Mail, if you wish to ship them as a gift and tweaking, I m... Dough was so soft that when I tried forming into the dimensions as per recipe the was...
2020 healthy biscotti recipe almond flour