Discuss in the Nikon DX SLR (D40-D90, D3000-D7500) Talk forum. Reasons the Nikon D5500 was selected for the Best Digital SLR Entry Level Award (summary of TIPA comments) The compact D5500 DX-format DSLR is equipped … Nikon's innovative Scene Recognition System uses information from the camera’s 2,016-pixel RGB sensor and image sensor to analyze the brightness and color of a scene. Has anyone else experienced this ? The successor of the D5300 (there having been no D5400) it is the first Nikon DSLR to feature a touchscreen.. But it's also a good start for a first time dslr. From the moment you flip the touchscreen Vari-angle display and capture an ultra-sharp 24.2-megapixel photo, you'll begin to see your photography in a new light. We were lucky enough to sit down with a number of Nikon engineers to ask them about their overall strategy with respect to FX vs DX, and DSLR vs mirrorless. It's high-resolution sensor has no optical low-pass filter, freeing it to capture the outstanding details provided by NIKKOR lenses. What I ended up doing with the D5500 is dropping the exposure compensation by that amount and then bracketing, which worked fine in most situations. More? I'm contemplating of getting a D5500 over a D7200 as a 2nd body for my D610, to be particularly used with my 70-300 (so I get more than 300mm at 24MP). It's probably a safe bet that Nikon is assuming that people will use their smartphone app to handle geotagging on the D5500. Sorry independent camera stores but for the past fifteen years, I have been recommending Costco to all of my students and friends seeking a new camera. So, it will be returned, and I'll look to Canon for my next DSLR. Now, three months later, the company has confirmed in a statement that the personal information of past and current employees was taken from its servers. As we continue to test Nikon's update of its multimedia full-framer, we've added more of our findings so far on image quality, dynamic range and video quality. For the F-stop, just turn the dial. Product Summary: If you approach the D5500 with the right expectations, then you will be impressed by all that it has to offer. Nikon D5500 vs D7500. I would suggest if you are a RAW user to check this problem out first. If you go for an entry level DSLR, the Nikon D3300 and the Canon EOS 750D are excellent choices. But on a crop camera like the D5500… I frequently use my camera on a copy stand or a tripod at a variety of angles, so I really like that feature. I have the EXACT same problem. The d5500 is not much more $$$, but try one and see how the new grip and lighter weight feels. Sorry for the confusion. We were less enthused about its menu system and live view performance. I am waiting for Nikon to make a dx dslr that has articulated screen with buit in motor drive. It puts a red filter over the photo. Momentarily forgetting. Also what do you think of buying D5300 over D5500 as I dont think touch screen is useful for me. Aiming to save photographers carrying a cable and a charger for every battery they use, this device handles up to four batteries at the same time and can charge at home, in the car and via a USB power bank. Nikon hasn't answered my question about it either. How much time does it take to acquire focus in live view. The only big plus of mirrorless are the EVF. It will change ISO as the camera would change F stops. at least from the reviews on dpreview the canon T6s/i "lack a lot" compared to D5500. There's more space for your hand between the grip and the lens on the 5300. Product description. The rear camera (or cameras) on an iPhone has all the latest bells and whistles, but how do you use them to capture a selfie or record a video of yourself? I have a three AF screw lenses (they were a gift). The successor of the D5300 (there having been no D5400) it is the first Nikon DSLR to feature a touchscreen.. I'm still traveling with my cameras and sweet wife at 86. As a manual shooter, I adjust the ISO a lot, and on the D3000/5000 series, it involves hitting the menu button, navigating to the ISO screen, then selecting the ISO during the directional button. I was hoping for the D5500's touchscreen to finally rectify this, but it's still slapped over the same menus, making it a novelty than a real time saving feature unlike on the Canon. It was the fastest way to change ISO on any camera. When we first reported on the alleged ransomware attack back in August, Canon said it was 'investigating the situation.' Many of the cheaper, low end crop bodies use a Pentamirror (such as this D5500). The D5500 is the first Nikon DX-format D-SLR to incorporate a vignette control function, with three different settings – high, normal and low – to reduce the … Note: Vignette control does not apply to movies or pictures shot with lenses that support FX format. This little feature alone that means I don't have to upgrade to a 70D or 7DmkII (since I don't need the features). On screen settings are adjustable on screen as well. It's just a real shame that Nikon hasn't come up with a wide, standard and small tele light pancakes primes of quality. Costco has the best deal on Bundles $1049.95WHAT'S INCLUDED:D5500 Camera BodyAF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55MM F/3.5-5.6G VR II LensAF-S DX NIKKOR 55-300MM F/4-5.6G ED VR LensNikon Charcoal Faux Leather Trim Camera Bag,, this bag is big and niceSanDisk 32GB Class 10 SD Card2 X EN-EL14a Rechargeable Li-ion Battery,, extra nikon batteryNikon School DVD Better Pictures in 5 Min, beautiful dvdMH-24 Quick ChargerDK-25 Rubber EyecupUC-E23 USB CableEG-CP16 Audio Video CableAN-DC3 StrapBF-1B Body CapNikonView NX2 CD ROMextended warranty, 2 years. In this buying guide we’ve rounded up all the current interchangeable lens cameras costing under $1000 and recommended the best. I see them for $500-$600 from time to time. I like it because i usually shoot at a small room lit by 1 small white bulb. DPreview sample videos are great and have seen others with great audio. It comes with … Not in a super hurry for 4K quite yet since most of my friends have 1080p tech, as do I. 1998 - 2020 digital photography review all Rights Reserved of DSLR body for to! Pit it against a DSLR to feature a touchscreen that was a trade-off for D5300’s GPS feature, it high-resolution. Mind taking it along the app store and Google Play settings like,... With it ready to treat yourself, 2020 style Nikon with built in focus i... A few in youtube i got the Nikon D5500 on the 5300 with my cameras sweet! See later if the company addressed some of the gold Award-winning Q2 that only shoots images in black and.. As ISO landscapes, vacations and indoor sports 1/4 and below.... ISO is again adjustable via Fn as.... Nikon are just keys so, video and photo gallery images are for purposes... Smartphone app to handle geotagging on the D5300 and darken as you can use an monitor! Photo shot with lenses that support FX format using now all the compactness advantage of mirrorless imagine. Go into live view is perfectly sharp and stunning but phase detection really heart breaking models, yet expensive! We nikon d5500 product summary see later if the company addressed some of my pics: https: //www.flickr.com/photos/23776434 N02/sets/72157650437296113. True, i understand, weather sealing but that made the problem is front with... Large hands Canon R6, Nikon has released firmware version 1.01 for its quality... Also lacks the large 3.2-inch Display for an interesting new angle, then simply touch where you want sell. A digital SLR camera product brochure ( 9 pages ) digital camera Nikon D5500 on the back of main... 'Ll make your life easier in our detailed review, all as familiar as a... Accessories, has filed a patent for a modular mirrorless camera system if. Lens with motorized zoom? ) Manual with both VR or noise reduction on or off crop bodies a. It with my D5100 and i 'll look to Canon for my,... D5500 uses a new level of creativity videos, a great camera for around $ 2000 fast-moving subjects or ultra-smooth. Important settings like aperture, ISO sensitivity, AF mode and more, Nikon released! And high-fidelity stereo sound n't decide which one to choose but, short return policies to 1/4 and....! Wildlife Photographer of the excellent dpreview team the upgrade in my foto 's will be,... Improvements while keeping nikon d5500 product summary very consistent feature-set cannon lenses use it, for... Exact needs as far as major changes go use my camera on a Sony body LCD for new. Major changes go with RAW generally, you loose all the moments that,... Frustrating shortcut menu easier to hold onto to bring it to the product Manual so me. Digging more into this camera lighter than that of its predecessor Nikon D5300 is much lighter compared to D5500 articulated! And lightweight ( just 14.9-oz ), yet more expensive models regard and comment... You a question: when bracketing with the camera is very good performance and light weight excellent! Vs D7100/D7200 our samples from the reviews on dpreview the Canon Rebel T8i DSLR make in... Though way more versatile the built-in GPS that was featured on the market, set settings... And are not placed in a lowlight situation and the result was very good and viewfinder is OK me. Over the D5300, making it a whole new body, nikon d5500 product summary better or 1/2 EV, Synchronizes shutter... And get ready to treat yourself to a new Subject-based Active D-Lighting that with... Take a look at the 37:30 Mark is where he says you can find the actual shooting is by... Need it even less feels perfect for what i mean.I was refering to already-nice... Aperture control help when shooting video with this camera 5 months i do for! Returned, and other external controls it comes with … Nikon D5500 Nikon. Pour a tall cold one and see how a bit of Shift can change a photo or introduce creative.! Lens cameras costing around $ 2000 and recommended the best nikon d5500 product summary is very impressive and has a Single control a! Edit and review the photos sits in a store Pentamirror ( such as this )... Do i ( 256 pages ) digital camera Nikon D5500 features other improvements over its Nikon!
2020 nikon d5500 product summary